Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Even if Sony pays for them they would be afforded such opportunities due to the install base alone. Microsoft can clearly pay more than Sony for anything so if it was all about money why dont they get all the exclusives?

It's not all about money it's about them leveraging their overwhelming market leadership to crush a competitor. In the face of that why shouldn't Microsoft do what they can to fight back? One buys rights to the game the other buys the company that makes it.
Prior to now Microsoft wasn’t willing to put the money up.

Now that Xbox really has Microsoft $ they are buying shyt up.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Sony and Marvel have dealings in film over that character. Marvel really wants the rights back to that character from a terrible contract they signed back before Disney bought them but Sony will never release those. Are we really suggesting that the MCU had zero impact on Spider Man in video games being an exclusive character?

All I see is Sony using the leverage and advantages their company has to get sweetheart deals and people having zero issue with it but Microsoft using the advantages it's company has (money) to get content and people acting like it's bad.

If I made a game like Street Fighter I'd have it be exclusive on Sony's platform too if I needed the money because that's 110+ million potential customers vs 50 million.
Aka. No mater what. Sony is wrong. Lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I'm so sorry I insulted your favorite corporation by talking about what they've actually are doing right now vs what some other one did in the past. I guess instead of talking about the current state of things we need to go back to the 90s and talk about how Nintendo was a disgusting bully that did whatever they wanted or how Microsoft got drunk off the 360s success and tried to dictate to the market the direction it would take with online only and TV.

I didn't know I had to tell people a tiger is a wild animal and dangerous if you let it out of the cage. I thought that was instinctively understood.
Muthafukka what u mean my favorite corporation? If they my favorite than they ur most hated. U nikkas in here just be talkin to talk. Bottom line the shyt y’all accusing Sony of is literally being done across all platforms but u singling Sony out for it. Sounds like hate to me.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Muthafukka what u mean my favorite corporation? If they my favorite than they ur most hated. U nikkas in here just be talkin to talk. Bottom line the shyt y’all accusing Sony of is literally being done across all platforms but u singling Sony out for it. Sounds like hate to me.
I'm talking about what's going on right now. Why would I speak to something that is no longer happening as if it still is?

90% of my gaming is on Sony platforms. I barely play Xbox because they either don't have the games I like or get them late after I've played them. No hate I just want stuff like backwards compatibility and Smart Delivery on my PlayStation.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I'm talking about what's going on right now. Why would I speak to something that is no longer happening as if it still is?
nikka it’s all going on right now. This major acquisition from Microsoft(which I actually gave them props for after Phil spoke on it). The shyt with Bethesda last year. Sony nor Nintendo get anymore Elder Scrolls games. Doom. Fallout. None of that. What console is Bayonetta 3 coming out on again? Nintendo got a few exclusive Square Enix games dropping this year. shyt Microsoft had Rise Of The Tomb Raider for a whole year before any other platform and they paid 100 million to do that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Right now I can't stick a PS3 or PS2 disc in my PS5 and play those games but I can stick a variety of Xbox and 360 games in my Xbox Series X and play them.

Right now I can download Gears 5 on my Xbox Series X and get the upgraded version but if I put Spider Man in my PS5 I still get the PS4 version. I need to make a $70 purchase to get Spider Man on the PS5. Same with Ghost of Tsushima.

As a Sony gamer that troubles me. Maybe that stuff doesn't bother you. Ok.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Right now I can't stick a PS3 or PS2 disc in my PS5 and play those games but I can stick a variety of Xbox and 360 games in my Xbox Series X and play them.

Right now I can download Gears 5 on my Xbox Series X and get the upgraded version but if I put Spider Man in my PS5 I still get the PS4 version. I need to make a $70 purchase to get Spider Man on the PS5. Same with Ghost of Tsushima.

As a Sony gamer that troubles me. Maybe that stuff doesn't bother you. Ok.
Wtf does that have to do with anything? Lol. I love that u can do that with Xbox. That’s only with the Series X tho. Also. Spartacus is also implementing games going all the way back to PS1. Which will come with the service. Yea it sucks u can’t use the discs. But shyt is better than what they offer at Nintendo. Like I said before. None of these companies are your friends.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Wtf does that have to do with anything? Lol. I love that u can do that with Xbox. That’s only with the Series X tho. Also. Spartacus is also implementing games going all the way back to PS1. Which will come with the service. Yea it sucks u can’t use the discs. But shyt is better than what they offer at Nintendo. Like I said before. None of these companies are your friends.
Last generation I couldn't put PS3 or PS2 games into a PS4 either. Nintendo is a trash company and always has been. At this point they aren't really competing against anyone so their anti-consumer attitudes are to be expected. To be honest I seldom ever use my Switch and I don't really care what they do. I own it for the occasional game that platform gets that I want.

What it has to do with anything is when Microsoft becomes more relevant it will demand Sony pay attention to what they do and respond. Also if half the market is on one platform and half the market on the other third parties will be less inclined to do exclusive games when they shut out way more people.

Does it suck that PlayStation gamers might lose Call of Duty? Yeah but it also sucks when Sony uses their leverage to wrestle away major titles from Xbox gamers. It is what it is but I'm for anything that helps Microsoft close that gap and be a worthy competitor.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Destin going the fukk in on this, he ain't relenting

I been preaching this for a long time...

@Gizmo_Duck and his Stans always come through with the
juelz-talking.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Destin going the fukk in on this, he ain't relenting

That's what I've been saying. Sony uses its market leadership as leverage to put the squeeze on Xbox and people here don't bat an eye because it works in the favor of their company of choice. When Microsoft flexes their advantages as a company suddenly its wrong and bad for the industry.

I want these people to answer why it's ok one way but not the other way.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Last generation I couldn't put PS3 or PS2 games into a PS4 either. Nintendo is a trash company and always has been. At this point they aren't really competing against anyone so their anti-consumer attitudes are to be expected. To be honest I seldom ever use my Switch and I don't really care what they do. I own it for the occasional game that platform gets that I want.

What it has to do with anything is when Microsoft becomes more relevant it will demand Sony pay attention to what they do and respond. Also if half the market is on one platform and half the market on the other third parties will be less inclined to do exclusive games when they shut out way more people.

Does it suck that PlayStation gamers might lose Call of Duty? Yeah but it also sucks when Sony uses their leverage to wrestle away major titles from Xbox gamers. It is what it is but I'm for anything that helps Microsoft close that gap and be a worthy competitor.
U still all over the place fam. I don’t know what backwards compatibility had to do with the conversation at all until u brought it up. MY issue is u aren’t consistent. I’m all for competition as well. But like I said before. U seem to only point out PlayStation shyt. And give everyone else passes for doing the same shyt. It’s weird. And like I said. I love that Xbox is backwards compatible. But they aren’t even fully backwards compatible till this day. And u forgot that Sony literally put a whole PS2 inside the PS3 initially. shyt had FULL BC for both PS2 and PS1 games. It had a Blu Ray player that at the time stand-alone costed more than that console itself. Despite it being one of the best Blu Ray players on the market at the time. What did people do? bytch and complain about the price of the console even tho Sony was taking a HUGE loss every console sold. People cared about the price more than BC so they eventually removed PS2 BC all together to save on costs. No one gave a fukk the whole rest of the 360/PS3 gen. So Sony didn’t. The PS4/Xbox One era comes in and since Xbox started taking L’s they implemented all that BC shyt and emphasized it like crazy until people started criticizing Sony for not doing. Not really factoring in that both PS2 and PS3 were VERY hard to emulate even till this day on powerful gaming PC’s it ain’t perfect especially PS3. The PS4 wasn’t powerful enough to just drop backwards compatibility on the console and have it run flawlessly. They would’ve had to invest and specially going game for game to optimize to make the shyt work correctly. There’s literal PS2’s out there that don’t run every PS2 game. Bottom line is every Sony console was completely backwards compatible up until the PS4.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Rather than celebrating this Msft Stans have spent days discussing how this affects PlayStation :russ:

I guess idle minds without exclusives lead to idle thumbs typing nonsense.