Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Are we comparing a Naruto game and Lost Odyssey to Final Fantasy and Street Fighter? The third party games Microsoft got involved with still somehow ended up on Playstation. Even stuff like Mass Effect made it. Sony gets involved in stuff and it's pulled from competing platforms entirely. Nobody expects second party games to be on rival machines like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

Final Fantasy XV was on Xbox. Final Fantasy VII Remake has skipped it and the talk around it is murky at best. Same company Rise of the Tomb Raider was a year exclusive and that next year was on PlayStation. It's doubtful Remake ever hits Xbox but nobody really knows because it hasn't been said. When was Microsoft ever getting major games yanked like that indefinitely from PlayStation?
U literally are ignoring everything to make a stupid ass disingenuous moot point. Lol. What about Bayonetta? Huh? Which was a fukked up port on PlayStation 3 I might add. How bout Nintendo yanking that shyt and putting it as Nintendo exclusive? Atleast shyt like Street Fighter and Killer Instinct are in PC as well.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are we comparing a Naruto game and Lost Odyssey to Final Fantasy and Street Fighter? The third party games Microsoft got involved with still somehow ended up on Playstation. Even stuff like Mass Effect made it. Sony gets involved in stuff and it's pulled from competing platforms entirely. Nobody expects second party games to be on rival machines like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

Final Fantasy XV was on Xbox. Final Fantasy VII Remake has skipped it and the talk around it is murky at best. Same company Rise of the Tomb Raider was a year exclusive and that next year was on PlayStation. It's doubtful Remake ever hits Xbox but nobody really knows because it hasn't been said. When was Microsoft ever getting major games yanked like that indefinitely from PlayStation?
Like Titanfall 1 right?
or Sunset Overdrive?

Also Final Fantasy as you've said yourself is hardly relevant on Xbox platforms since most players are going to be on Playstation anyway.

The concept is the same, games to games. MSFT isn't above criticism and so is Sony. I just critiqued them in the Uncharted thread lol.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Like Titanfall 1 right?
or Sunset Overdrive?

Also Final Fantasy as you've said yourself is hardly relevant on Xbox platforms since most players are going to be on Playstation anyway.

The concept is the same, games to games. MSFT isn't above criticism and so is Sony. I just critiqued them in the Uncharted thread lol.

Yep, i still can’t play sunset overdrive on my playstation even though sony own the company and IP.

Nintendo money hats also. They are getting 3 exclusive square enix games in the next two months

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
U literally are ignoring everything to make a stupid ass disingenuous moot point. Lol.
No I made my point earlier.

I like this move because I feel like it makes Microsoft more competitive against Sony. Last generation Microsoft was so far behind Sony pretty much ignored them and did as they saw fit. They've reached a level of arrogance now I don't like. When Microsoft fell behind Sony with the Xbox One they started making major concessions to their customer base to try and improve good will. I want Sony to feal threatened enough to do the same.

Don't get it twisted I don't think Microsoft is doing that because they're my buddy cause they aren't. They're doing it to build more positive sentiment about their brand because they're trying to compete.
My point has always been we need all these companies to reach a level of success so that they keep each other honest. If any one of them becomes too successful we see how they act. Microsoft introduced backwards compatibility back on Xbox One and that whole generation Sony ignored it because their market leadership was so commanding that they could easily get away with it. That same overwhelming market leadership gets them sweetheart deals on major franchise Microsoft can't swing.

Do you think if given the opportunity Microsoft would have told Capcom no to funding Street Fighter for a permanent exclusive deal? Do you honestly think the #3 player got that opportunity at all?

Microsoft creates Smart Delivery and Sony pretty much ignores it because why shouldn't they? It really doesn't matter what Microsoft did Sony was damn near 2.5x their sales last generation. That's so imbalanced they were like a ant to them.

So yeah people are cheering this on because as consumers a company posing a threat to Sony keeps them honest. When sales are closer to 50-50 and one company adds Smart Delivery or backwards compatibility the other can't ignore it because that becomes a difference maker.

If Microsoft became too dominant there would be the same crap. They aren't my pal they're a greedy soulless giant corporation that's only doing anything for my benefit to make money.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
No I made my point earlier.

My point has always been we need all these companies to reach a level of success so that they keep each other honest. If any one of them becomes too successful we see how they act. Microsoft introduced backwards compatibility back on Xbox One and that whole generation Sony ignored it because their market leadership was so commanding that they could easily get away with it. That same overwhelming market leadership gets them sweetheart deals on major franchise Microsoft can't swing.

Do you think if given the opportunity Microsoft would have told Capcom no to funding Street Fighter for a permanent exclusive deal? Do you honestly think the #3 player got that opportunity at all?

Microsoft creates Smart Delivery and Sony pretty much ignores it because why shouldn't they? It really doesn't matter what Microsoft did Sony was damn near 2.5x their sales last generation. That's so imbalanced they were like a ant to them.

So yeah people are cheering this on because as consumers a company posing a threat to Sony keeps them honest. When sales are closer to 50-50 and one company adds Smart Delivery or backwards compatibility the other can't ignore it because that becomes a difference maker.

If Microsoft became too dominant there would be the same crap. They aren't my pal they're a greedy soulless giant corporation that's only doing anything for my benefit to make money.
So we’re arguing the same shyt. I been saying the same shyt. None of these companies are our friends and we need competition but for SOME reason everyone is painting Sony as this bully like Microsoft and Nintendo hasn’t done the same shyt. If it’s about that why are u only painting Sony examples and not keeping it fair. I would respect it more if u said u don’t care that Microsoft did this deal in the spirit of competition rather than being on this seemingly crusade against Sony and giving dissertations on Sony’s missteps and not giving the other companies that same energy. Like I said earlier. Microsoft came in this gaming industry to compete with Sony. They took over from Sega. Who’s been taking shots at Sony since Saturn when Sony was the new player and Sega was the vets. Sega even tried to lie and retroactively blame Sony for their failure.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Like Titanfall 1 right?
or Sunset Overdrive?

Basically. We can play this game all day. My thing is nikkas ain’t being consistent. They will say none of these companies are our friends. Which I literally been saying this whole time. But then will turn around and put all of these dissertations on how grimey Sony is when Microsoft and Nintendo been doing the same shyt from jump. shyt is weird.

Last edited:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
It's obvious who's cherry picking stuff due to their obvious bias. I mean I get it but cats would have you thinking MSFT was this saint of a company that did no anti-consumer shyt for years while evil ken Sony was out here strong arming execs at sword point.

Nobody said shyt about Bayonetta 2 being funded by Nintendo which was a similar circumstance. People like to selectively choose what they get outraged at.

No one ever said anything about the exclusive Naruto games on Xbox 360(Rise of Ninja)

What about Lost Odyssey? No one cried about that.

Nintendo/MSFT bankrolls a game or gets exclusivity="thank goodness they did that or else we'd never get the game :blessed:"

Sony does it=":mad: These Japanese execs are playing dirty man!"

Let's be honest, they all do shyt that will not benefit someone out there.

Sf5 was an issue because it forced the fgc, which is Capcom dominated, onto the Sony platform. It also had crazy input lag associated with the playstation version. Everyone knows its because of the playstation because tekken 7 launched with the same input lag on ps4 while the pc and xboxone version had less lag. There is no competitive Bayonetta scene so thats why most people don't care. It would be like if Sony bought 2k and put out a version where passing takes three seconds.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Sf5 was an issue because it forced the fgc, which is Capcom dominated, onto the Sony platform. It also had crazy input lag associated with the playstation version. Everyone knows its because of the playstation because tekken 7 launched with the same input lag on ps4 while the pc and xboxone version had less lag. There is no competitive Bayonetta scene so thats why most people don't care. It would be like if Sony bought 2k and put out a version where passing takes three seconds.
Again. They weren’t going to make a SF game AT ALL for the foreseeable future if not for Sony stepping in. Funding it. And helping with the development. Is Killer Instinct on PlayStation?

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Sony has basically put a leash on the entire fighting game genre, and then buying partnership from evo shows they planned this for a long time….it’s likely going forward a fighting game that’s not on PlayStation platform won’t even get showcased anymore, it’s the reason smash fans hated the partnership announcement

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Again. They weren’t going to make a SF game AT ALL for the foreseeable future if not for Sony stepping in. Funding it. And helping with the development. Is Killer Instinct on PlayStation?
You are telling me with a straight face that the same Sony who just bought EVO wasn't trying to monopolize the Capcom dominated fgc by *helping* get sf5 made? Thats why I don't care now about Microsoft *helping* the cod and wow communities by buying A/B. Killer Instinct is a Microsoft ip so of course not, but if you are comparing KI to SF from an fgc standpoint we might be having two different conversations. Killer Instinct has always been niche/casual until the new one.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
You are telling me with a straight face that the same Sony who just bought EVO wasn't trying to monopolize the Capcom dominated fgc by *helping* get sf5 made? Thats why I don't care now about Microsoft *helping* the cod and wow communities by buying A/B. Killer Instinct is a Microsoft ip so of course not, but if you are comparing KI to SF from an fgc standpoint we might be having two different conversations. Killer Instinct has always been niche/casual until the new one.
Sony has been trying to monopolize gaming, only an idiot would argue otherwise. Hell the fact that Ff14 is still only on sony platforms on console is hilarious to me :dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony has been trying to monopolize gaming, only an idiot would argue otherwise. Hell the fact that Ff14 is still only on sony platforms on console is hilarious to me :dead:

Sony didn’t pay for FF14 exclusivity though.

It’s funny that yall think if a game isn’t on xbox that means it was automatically money hatted.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Sony didn’t pay for FF14 exclusivity though.

It’s funny that yall think if a game isn’t on xbox that means it was automatically money hatted.
They paid to have final fantasy mainline off xbox, it's pretty safe to say they did the same here.