Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You are telling me with a straight face that the same Sony who just bought EVO wasn't trying to monopolize the Capcom dominated fgc by *helping* get sf5 made? Thats why I don't care now about Microsoft *helping* the cod and wow communities by buying A/B. Killer Instinct is a Microsoft ip so of course not, but if you are comparing KI to SF from an fgc standpoint we might be having two different conversations. Killer Instinct has always been niche/casual until the new one.
Killer Instinct wasn’t always a Microsoft IP. I used to play in the arcade and then bought it on SNES. Then they had some on N64. Regardless. It wasn’t a Microsoft thing. They bought and made it a Microsoft thing. Same way Sony bought SF5. Like I said before. Capcom wasn’t gonna make a Street Fighter game. Sony funded them to make one. Simple as that. Them buying evo and all that other shyt u talkin bout still ain’t gonna change the fact that there would not be a SF5 game without Sony because Capcom didn’t wanna make anymore Street Fighter games.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Killer Instinct wasn’t always a Microsoft IP. I used to play in the arcade and then bought it on SNES. Then they had some on N64. Regardless. It wasn’t a Microsoft thing. They bought and made it a Microsoft thing. Same way Sony bought SF5. Like I said before. Capcom wasn’t gonna make a Street Fighter game. Sony funded them to make one. Simple as that. Them buying evo and all that other shyt u talkin bout still ain’t gonna change the fact that there would not be a SF5 game without Sony because Capcom didn’t wanna make anymore Street Fighter games.
Dude, you are being intellectually dishonest. SF4 sold like 10 million copies, were they gonna make sf5 right after the SFxT flop? Probably not, but that was Ono and them fukking up. They would have made sf5 at some point. Show me an article where capcom said they weren't gonna make 5 ever if sony didn't pay. Sony obviously knew about the fgc so they saw a opportunity. Hell, I remember when 4 was out and there was fukkery with trying to make ps3 the standard even though it was the worse version. I played the old KI's too and that game was dead and a throw in in the rare deal. The FGC would have just been playing sf4 and MVC3 until the next SF just like the 9 years in between cvs2/sf3 and sf4.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Dude, you are being intellectually dishonest. SF4 sold like 10 million copies, were they gonna make sf5 right after the SFxT flop? Probably not, but that was Ono and them fukking up. They would have made sf5 at some point. Show me an article where capcom said they weren't gonna make 5 ever if sony didn't pay. Sony obviously knew about the fgc so they saw a opportunity. Hell, I remember when 4 was out and there was fukkery with trying to make ps3 the standard even though it was the worse version. I played the old KI's too and that game was dead and a throw in in the rare deal. The FGC would have just been playing sf4 and MVC3 until the next SF just like the 9 years in between cvs2/sf3 and sf4.
Son u can look up the info for urself. Capcom had no money to make another Street Fighter game and were in talks to get bought up by multiple companies including Microsoft. Capcom was giving out exclusivity to a bunch of other franchises and that’s what Microsoft was focusing on. Sony came in and gave Capcom the money to develop SFV in exchange for console exclusivity. But the game was also on PC as well. It’s almost the same exact shyt that happened with Nintendo and Bayonetta. Sony funded the game. So it was console exclusive. Like I said before. Sony didn’t have an exclusive fighting game at that time. Microsoft did. And at that time. It wasn’t even on PC. It was only on Xbox. Ur argument that Sony is somehow worse for doing this doesn’t make a lick of sense. Cause if any other of the 3 companies literally funded the game. They would’ve done so as well. SF6 is going to be multiplatform. Sony didn’t buy the franchise. They just funded that one game.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
people crying over exclusives which MS/Nintendo takes part in as well

:mjlit:that rage is gonna be real when Sony scoops up a few devs

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Son u can look up the info for urself. Capcom had no money to make another Street Fighter game and were in talks to get bought up by multiple companies including Microsoft. Capcom was giving out exclusivity to a bunch of other franchises and that’s what Microsoft was focusing on. Sony came in and gave Capcom the money to develop SFV in exchange for console exclusivity. But the game was also on PC as well. It’s almost the same exact shyt that happened with Nintendo and Bayonetta. Sony funded the game. So it was console exclusive. Like I said before. Sony didn’t have an exclusive fighting game at that time. Microsoft did. And at that time. It wasn’t even on PC. It was only on Xbox. Ur argument that Sony is somehow worse for doing this doesn’t make a lick of sense. Cause if any other of the 3 companies literally funded the game. They would’ve done so as well. SF6 is going to be multiplatform. Sony didn’t buy the franchise. They just funded that one game.
Dude's bought EVO, then made the head of Combo Breaker( The number 1 national tournament at this point) the head of EVO. They have effectively bought exclusivity within the fgc because the tournaments will only be on their platform going forward, which means if you care about the competitive scene you will have to buy a playstation. If you are serious about COD or any of the blizzard games you can get those games on a gamepass platform. it is what it is.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
U wouldn’t step outside and say this to me face to face so it don’t concern me. Any problems tho in the Bronx is where u can find me. Other than that. Yea. U a cornball. I never even addressed u in this thread but u proceeded to put my dikk in Ya mouth.
I would. Want my address? :unimpressed:

Dusty ass nikka.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Sums it up nicely and this is like the hundredth time you've had to post something explaining why. We've reached an impasse. Microsoft plays dirty as shyt. Sony plays dirty as shyt. For some reason people overlook Sony's messiness. And idk if it's because they be bowing and saying "kon'nichiwa!!" and shyt in their State of Play videos but nikkas act like Sony is their long lost first cousin. It's weird but whatever.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I don't know if this was a fair dig but it was funny as shyt:russ: . At least coli didn't implode like a lot of other gaming forums. And some of yall gotta lighten up, this aint TLR. We are not trying to square up with nobody at the local Popeyes.
He spent 24 hours going on and on about not having the ability to hoard physical games in a thread about Microsoft acquisition of Activision. Most of their shyt is already digital between steam and battle.net.

Then tried to pretend like he was just concerned instead of being a Stanley.

Now he wants smoke knowing damn well he's just yelling into the wind.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No. Nothing about the two situations is the same.

Microsoft built/hired an entire new team to resurrect killer instinct.

Sony paid capcom to not put SFV on Xbox.

Stop with your Sony stan musings.
Enough is enough:stopitslime: