Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They will, so will a lot of others

Phil Spencer said it himself, he’s scared facebook, google, and amazon are gonna start buying quickly.

Kotick even went and shopped activision to facebook after microsoft approached them. Facebook and all these companies are fully investing in gaming/meta and need IP and Publishers/ they will get them

People are already accustom to paying for multiple subscription services. Like like you said, its the future. This is what you want.

You think gamepass is gonna be the only player in town? lol like i said subscription gaming ain’t gonna be cheaper in the long run

No I don't think it will be the only one in town but I do think it will have first movers advantage. While other companies are looking to get into the space Microsoft is already knee deep in it and defining the expectations for it. Amazon thought they'd purchase a few studios and hop right into gaming and it hasn't gone as smoothly as they'd like. They've had a few games released to less than the reception they'd hoped for and a massive project cancelation.

Microsoft started pushing this maybe 2018 and it's still nowhere near its final form. Game development isn't something you just snap your fingers and you've got a full fledged pipeline of games releasing in succession enough to furnish a service. I don't doubt Netflix sincerity to enter this space but it's harder than we're a big company we're jumping in so we're instantly successful.

And no the average gamer isn't gonna pay $50 a month or more in services just for games. They'll pick the best one and sub to that. There's probably gonna be 2-3 major players in this. There won't be room for Peacock and Paramount+ burning money trying to compete because the barrier to entry will be too high. It takes 3-5 years to make a AAA game. How many studios will all these companies need concurrently making games to furnish these services? Meanwhile they'll have to Disney+ price undercut to nab subs.

Google already folded on game development. Whose gonna be next?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It was either Sony did that or no more Street Fighter. And here we go again with this Microsoft is a victim mentality. Let’s speak on MS in the 360 era. This shyt is hilarious u would swear these nikkas just started gaming last gen.
Was Microsoft approached at all on Street Fighter? Did they turn it down? Was Sony approached first?

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Nah that's too much...:francis: This will break the balance...

M$FT:

wwe-ted-dibiase.gif

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
It was either Sony did that or no more Street Fighter. And here we go again with this Microsoft is a victim mentality. Let’s speak on MS in the 360 era. This shyt is hilarious u would swear these nikkas just started gaming last gen.
I specifically remember reading on GAF or era that SFV was always gonna come out but was gonna take longer because of their development woes…Sony basically dangled a carrot that they’d help with development cost if they made it an exclusive and since Capcom was in the hole they took it

This wasn’t the first since time that gen, they did the exact same thing for street fighter x tekken paying for exclusive characters and then making all the other consoles have to wait on dlc for the launch of the ps vita version….that’s where that locked dlc fukkery came in

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I specifically remember reading on GAF or era that SFV was always gonna come out but was gonna take longer because of their development woes…Sony basically dangled a carrot that they’d help with development cost if they made it an exclusive and since Capcom was in the hole they took it

This wasn’t the first since time that gen, they did the exact same thing for street fighter x tekken paying for exclusive characters and then making all the other consoles have to wait on dlc for the launch of the ps vita version….that’s where that locked dlc fukkery came in
Capcom literally did NOT wanna make the game without Sony coming in and funding it. We would’ve never gotten another Street Fighter without Sony. Do y’all nikkas feel like Killer Instinct being exclusive for Xbox? Cause at that point. Xbox was the only place that had an exclusive fighting game. Not Sony. Like I said y’all conveniently forget a lot of shyt Microsoft has done just to shyt on Sony. I really don’t like EITHER one of those moves honestly. But Xbox played that game first with the fighting games last gen. And as far as the Street Fighter X Tekken. U DO KNOW that the content was locked on the PS3 disc as well right? It was supposed to be PS Vita exclusive and eventually come on PS3 and 360. They ain’t the first ones who did that either. BioWare did that shyt for Mass Effect 3. Furthermore. Microsoft and Xbox was the first console to implement DLC as we know it today. Not shyt like expansion packs n shyt like Sonic and Knuckles. PC did it too. But in the console space. It was Xbox who was putting a bunch of shyt behind a paywall through Xbox live.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Was Microsoft approached at all on Street Fighter? Did they turn it down? Was Sony approached first?
No one was approached. People wanted to know if Capcom was making a new Street Fighter and Capcom said they refused to fund it cause it was too big and they wanted to spend the money on other projects since they were failing. Sony came in and funded and helped develop the whole shyt. Was Sony approached about Killer Instinct? Oh no? Ok then. Microsoft had the exclusive fighter first my guy.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Capcom literally did NOT wanna make the game without Sony coming in and funding it. We would’ve never gotten another Street Fighter without Sony. Do y’all nikkas feel like Killer Instinct being exclusive for Xbox? Cause at that point. Xbox was the only place that had an exclusive fighting game. Not Sony. Like I said y’all conveniently forget a lot of shyt Microsoft has done just to shyt on Sony. I really don’t like EITHER one of those moves honestly. But Xbox played that game first with the fighting games last gen. And as far as the Street Fighter X Tekken. U DO KNOW that the content was locked on the PS3 disc as well right? It was supposed to be PS Vita exclusive and eventually come on PS3 and 360. They ain’t the first ones who did that either. BioWare did that shyt for Mass Effect 3. Furthermore. Microsoft and Xbox was the first console to implement DLC as we know it today. Not shyt like expansion packs n shyt like Sonic and Knuckles. PC did it too. But in the console space. It was Xbox who was putting a bunch of shyt behind a paywall through Xbox live.
It's obvious who's cherry picking stuff due to their obvious bias. I mean I get it but cats would have you thinking MSFT was this saint of a company that did no anti-consumer shyt for years while evil ken Sony was out here strong arming execs at sword point.

Nobody said shyt about Bayonetta 2 being funded by Nintendo which was a similar circumstance. People like to selectively choose what they get outraged at.

No one ever said anything about the exclusive Naruto games on Xbox 360(Rise of Ninja)

What about Lost Odyssey? No one cried about that.

Nintendo/MSFT bankrolls a game or gets exclusivity="thank goodness they did that or else we'd never get the game :blessed:"

Sony does it=":mad: These Japanese execs are playing dirty man!"

Let's be honest, they all do shyt that will not benefit someone out there.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
It's obvious who's cherry picking stuff due to their obvious bias. I mean I get it but cats would have you thinking MSFT was this saint of a company that did no anti-consumer shyt for years while evil ken Sony was out here strong arming execs at sword point.

Nobody said shyt about Bayonetta 2 being funded by Nintendo which was a similar circumstance. People like to selectively choose what they get outraged at.

No one ever said anything about the exclusive Naruto games on Xbox 360(Rise of Ninja)

Nintendo/MSFT bankrolls a game or gets exclusivity="thank goodness they did that or else we'd never get the game :blessed:"

This is exactly what I’m saying. Lol

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Nobody forgetting, Xbox just doing what everybody else been doing just with a much larger resource bank…..

Everything status quo til Xbox shake things up and now you got people crying about anti trust and ruining the industry

Naw it’s just Xbox turn

:yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Are we comparing a Naruto game and Lost Odyssey to Final Fantasy and Street Fighter? The third party games Microsoft got involved with still somehow ended up on Playstation. Even stuff like Mass Effect made it. Sony gets involved in stuff and it's pulled from competing platforms entirely. Nobody expects second party games to be on rival machines like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

Final Fantasy XV was on Xbox. Final Fantasy VII Remake has skipped it and the talk around it is murky at best. Same company Rise of the Tomb Raider was a year exclusive and that next year was on PlayStation. It's doubtful Remake ever hits Xbox but nobody really knows because it hasn't been said. When was Microsoft ever getting major games yanked like that indefinitely from PlayStation?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Nobody forgetting, Xbox just doing what everybody else been doing just with a much larger resource bank…..

Everything status quo til Xbox shake things up and now you got people crying about anti trust and ruining the industry

Naw it’s just Xbox turn

:yeshrug:
Oh so ur vilify Sony plan didn’t work so now u resorting to saying some shyt that has nothing to do with what I said. Got it.