All facts

Sony right now:
im-a-bad-guy-bad-guy.gif

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Sony also wouldn’t buy a major AAA publisher, much less two so i don’t think these situations are the same.

Sony has every right in the world to build their own studios up, build big franchises up, and keep them on their own hardware.

No sony fan would ever expect gears of war, halo, or forza on playstation either.
Naughty dog ? :jbhmm:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sony didn’t moneyhat street fighter though they funded the development of it
Microsoft funded development cost for Rise of the Tomb Raider. A year later it was on PS4. Microsoft funded development for Tales of Vesperia. Still made it to PlayStation with additional content.

The real question to ask here was did Capcom approach Microsoft at all about SFV or did they go straight to Sony first because of the market leadership position and were the terms that kept it off Xbox Capcom's idea or Sony's?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

What's their platform? PC? Mobile? What studios and IPs do they own? I think Amazon is a great case study for how difficult it is for an outsider company to break into this space. I also think Amazon having debuted Luna and having actually put out games from its internal studios is further along than Netflix is. Even early days Microsoft is an example of how just throwing money at the problem isn't enough. IP is everything in gaming.

The reality is there's just not enough money in consumers pockets to be paying all these monthly subscription fees. The winner in the game subscription wars is likely going to come very early into it. The most compelling service is likely going to establish and maintain dominence because customers ain't gonna be looking to pay $15 a month to 3-4 companies.

We see Microsoft's hand. Does Netflix own anything like Activision or Bethesda?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What's their platform? PC? Mobile? What studios and IPs do they own? I think Amazon is a great case study for how difficult it is for an outsider company to break into this space. I also think Amazon having debuted Luna and having actually put out games from its internal studios is further along than Netflix is. Even early days Microsoft is an example of how just throwing money at the problem isn't enough. IP is everything in gaming.

The reality is there's just not enough money in consumers pockets to be paying all these monthly subscription fees. The winner in the game subscription wars is likely going to come very early into it. The most compelling service is likely going to establish and maintain dominence because customers ain't gonna be looking to pay $15 a month to 3-4 companies.

We see Microsoft's hand. Does Netflix own anything like Activision or Bethesda?

They will, so will a lot of others

Phil Spencer said it himself, he’s scared facebook, google, and amazon are gonna start buying quickly.

Kotick even went and shopped activision to facebook after microsoft approached them. Facebook and all these companies are fully investing in gaming/meta and need IP and Publishers/ they will get them

People are already accustom to paying for multiple subscription services. Like like you said, its the future. This is what you want.

You think gamepass is gonna be the only player in town? lol like i said subscription gaming ain’t gonna be cheaper in the long run

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
All facts

Yeah, perfect frame of words and references of history. Sony moneyhatted so many franchises from coming to the X Box (in earlier years) because Sony wanted M$ out the paint ASAP. The 360/PS3 generation was the closest to seeing Sony getting their block knocked off when people were copping 360 consoles like crazy and had all the former PS exclusive franchises like Tekken, Final Fantasy, Ridge Racer, and MGS spinoff games on X Box with good sales. That made Sony all :damn: and had to come with firepower at the beginning of the PS4 gen, and tried to take out Nintendo out the console race with the Wii U and make them another SEGA. Nintendo striked back with The Switch, that is now eclipsing PS2 numbers and M$ buying Activision Blizzard, which Sony now is trying to push the PS5 into another PS2/PS4 situation where they try to come up on top; which is now is not going to work.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Great point, I actually mentioned the Street Fighter thing earlier in this thread as well. The entire fanbase of the fighting genre was Sony's when they made that move
It was either Sony did that or no more Street Fighter. And here we go again with this Microsoft is a victim mentality. Let’s speak on MS in the 360 era. This shyt is hilarious u would swear these nikkas just started gaming last gen.