Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
True, about the purchasing part. But I believe Phil is open to kumbaya like relationships. But you're right we don't know for sure..

Not really, almost every single big dev and publisher outside of namco and really Capcom lean towards PS exclusivity. Sony buying anyone but a handful of companies really isn't a big get for them in the grand scheme as far as pulling in more people.

On top of that it would just mean more 70 dollar games exclusive to PS instead of more " for free day 1 games for game pass"
We never know what might happen as far as that goes with Sparticus. On top of that. Sony has competed competitively with pricing when their back was against the wall before. So who knows.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Microsoft needs to say fukk them contracts. Sue us. fukk it. Go full heel.
I do legitimately question if Microsoft would be willing to say fukk that contract and pay whatever fees coming from breaking the contract if they felt the incoming gamepass success would negate whatever they loss

If this is legitimately about to be the Netflix of gaming I could see them taking the hit

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I do legitimately question if Microsoft would be willing to say fukk that contract and pay whatever fees coming from breaking the contract if they felt the incoming gamepass success would negate whatever they loss

If this is legitimately about to be the Netflix of gaming I could see them taking the hit
Uncle Phil ain’t like that.

He gone let the deals stay as they were. It’s only extra money for them to buy more shyt at this point. :mjlit:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
It would definitely show teeth, but the gamers wouldn't respond well to it and I seriously don't think Phil wants to straight up rip it away from gamers without giving them a chance to hop on over
This is it right here. This is why I can't see them making it exclusive...just yet. PR disaster. People don't want to feel corralled like sheep. I don't think the lost revenue is as much a big deal as alienating PlayStation players.:hula: But then...you have to ask yourself, "70 billion to just let shyt rock as it's always been?"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It will go as all the other acquisitions went.

They will support current games and deals indefinitely.

Any new stuff will exist to sell and maintain Gamepass subscriptions. That’s why they spent the money. Serves them no purpose to develop games for platforms that don’t have Gamepass.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Those shareholders want answers

Yeah, the reality is obvious. Still, this week has been surreal.

SWvZPn4.png

This is why we say that they can't really do a gamepass model, like a true 1:1. PlayStation supports the company.

YHeJQbb.png

This is why siphoning 3rd party support and converting it to a competitor's first party hurts a lot. Looking at the 6 quarters here, at best, Sony games account for 20% of all sales and at worst, 9%.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2021/210805_3e.pdf

Slide 19

Between Q1 FY21 to Q1 FY22, Nintendo's 1st party sales to overall sales ranges from 71.7% to 82.5%. That's a company able to support themselves.

Nobody else can come close to that.

The numbers did not move much with the Bethesda news. That is why I'm not even trying to be snide with people across the internet saying not to overreact. We aren't overreacting, we understand the numbers here. Its time for Sony to figure out what we want to be. Yes, it sounds odd that the defacto leader of gaming for a long time needs to suddenly come to that conclusion but a lot of their success is dependent on others and the competition that has always been 25x bigger than them, as of Tuesday, started acting like a company 25x bigger than them.

This is the week Ken Kutaragi wanted to prevent.

Moore's War - November 1, 2005

In the late 1990s, Gates was in talks with Kutaragi to include the Windows operating system in the PS2. But Kutaragi had long seen Gates as the most lethal threat to his empire. Bernie Stolar, a former Sony executive, remembers Kutaragi asking him as early as 1994 where he thought the nascent PlayStation console's main competition would come from. Nintendo, Stolar guessed. Maybe Intel. Kutaragi looked him squarely in the eyes. "No, Bernie, you are wrong," he said. "It is Microsoft. And I will kill them."

Ken knew the stakes. I'm sure that when this was presented to Microsoft. Nadella probably went over all of the misses which usually happened because they were late to the party. Lumia phones, Groove Music, Zune, Bing, Kin. Goes on and on and on. Day late and a dollar short never again. Not in gaming will they be. Ken tried to catch them while Microsoft was still sleeping. 70 billion means that they are wide awake.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

But good will is gold in business.

Business majors are taught the importance of it or at least the illusion of it and how it sways the consumer.

Think pieces are revving to catch Msft turning into the evil monopoly company that their recent big money moves would make people fearful of.

They have enough ingredients here to still offer a particular product on the competing system and still make the offering of the product on their flagship much more attractive.

• Availability on flagship system considerably sooner.
  • Exclusive content & modes
  • Optimized performance (120fps, Ray tracing)
  • Considerable cost difference
  • Holiday console bundle packaging during holidays exclusive to the flagship - makes choosing system for parents much simpler when they aren't in the know.

They can do all of that without taking a big hit to their good will the way starving the other system of the game completely would do.