Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
What publishers has Sony bought since PSX? :jbhmm:
My brother, how haven't you sprained your back from moving these goals posts today? Lift with the legs.
Publishers/Devs/Entire companies etc.
This strategy of acquiring outside talent en masse has been happening for a long time now.
EA gobbles up companies (and tanks them).
Sony gobbles up companies (and does well with them).
Microsoft just scooped a bigger fish because they have bigger pockets.
The reason I've been poking fun at this is because I don't see the consistency.
I see threads all the time about how keeping games exclusive is the cobra clutch in the gaming marketing and it consistently gets celebrated and used to poke fun at the competition.
"Wherez the gamezzzz maaaayyyyneee???!!!!"
How is this situation any different?
This acquisition doesn't affect the games Sony stans (on here at least) have been celebrating for decades.
The carpet has been rolled out for the longest for this type of war in the gaming market. If someone is against it that's cool, but you can't be upset because the competition was able to afford more ammunition in a gun fight you actively participated in.
Maybe I'm simplifying things. I'm not above being educated. Put I'm not seeing anyone make their case well enough to stop me from pouring salt on the wound.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don’t matter.

This is a deflection ass argument.

How much money has Sony spent literally to remove content from other platforms over the years? Lots.

As I said, that’s been their business model since day one.

Microsoft just got more money to throw at it. Gaming was just a side project for them until now. They are going all in.
:wow:

I know your whole style like the back of my hand. I knew exactly that you were going to say this lmao.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
My brother, how haven't you sprained your back from moving these goals posts today? Lift with the legs.
This strategy of acquiring outside talent en masse has been happening for a long time now.
I see threads all the time about how keeping games exclusive is the cobra clutch in the gaming marketing and it consistently gets celebrated and used to poke fun at the competition.
This acquisition doesn't affect the games Sony stans (on here at least) have been celebrating for decades.
The carpet has been rolled out for the longest for this type of war in the gaming market. If someone is against it that's cool, but you can't be upset because the competition was able to afford more ammunition in a gun fight you actively participated in.
Maybe I'm simplifying things. I'm not above being educated. Put I'm not seeing anyone make their case well enough to stop me from pouring salt on the wound.
We see it on the deals Microsoft has made.

As a now publisher on lots of these games they still gotta make good on all those deals Sony has already been paying for.

Sony’s biggest game this year was a Microsoft published game, cause they bought the rights a long time ago.

Remember this
Sony's rumored to have a "shocking" number of 3rd party exclusive deals lined up for PS5 - OnMSFT.com

Sony stans were dancing through the streets at the thought of Sony spending a bunch of money to starve Xbox.

Microsoft said “fukk it I’ll just buy the whole damn studios”

And now they wanna cry about it:mjlol:

Sony stans got real issues :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're trying to shift the conversation somewhere else hence why I repeatedly say this forum and the internet in general has a knee-jerk reaction problem everytime when confronted with basic logic and questions. Like, "goal post moving" doesn't even make sense here, what goal post am I moving? This is why I don't like explaining things online because people just respond to what they feel like you're saying.

I didn't say this as if I'm unaware of acquisitions happening all the time. I'm not talking about this from a business pov. I'm just speaking about this from a gamer's pov and wanting to measure the degree of this in relation to what others quickly deflect to with the (Sony too!!) comments.

You see the consistency but you're choosing to ignore the differences which are glaringly obvious.
I'm looking at the error which is in 8k right now in this little quote but you just want to say "it's the SAAAME MAYNE!" like no, no it isn't. Sony "gobbling" up a studio that developed games for them all the time isn't the same as MSFT gobbling up a publisher. I have no beef with that as money talks, I'm just simply stating that it's disingenuous to pretend it's the same thing.

This is where the conversation gets weird and starts to get into a weird grey area.
The games peole are celebrating about being exclusive, are they Sony 1st party games or sudden games that were always third party becoming exclusive? You can peruse my posting history and you'll rarely find me saying I hope Sony buys some huge publisher that makes 3rd party games and make them exclusive.
The big games that Sony drops are almost always either classic franchises or new IPs that add to the list of dope exclusives that make the platform appealing imo.

Really? Let me ask you this, was God of War always on Xbox/Nintendo platforms? What about Uncharted? Or TLOU? Or Infamous? Or LBP? Horizon? Gran Turismo? Driveclub(lol)?

You are definitely oversimplifying things and poking fun at the situation which is funny but when someone attempts to expound on it from a gamer's pov, you get cats jumping in with business/financial rhetoric condescendingly as if they're just too stupid and blind to know what's happening. It's why I often refrain from getting too technical on here because I notice this forum(not you really) is largely inflammatory and childish.
I don't even care about this really because I play COD and 3rd party games on PC primarily and I'm a grown man with money so wherever the content is I go to. I joke and stuff from time to time but to think I'm some kid who relies on his parents to buy a console and can't afford something nice is hilarious. Again, I do not care about this as I can purchase w/e I want gaming wise.

You can't even have a normal discussion without someone accusing of you being hurt, broke, mad and or :uFURIOUS: if you simply point out something as a gamer and not from a financial pov.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're trying to shift the conversation somewhere else hence why I repeatedly say this forum and the internet in general has a knee-jerk reaction problem everytime when confronted with basic logic and questions.

I didn't say this as if I'm unaware of acquisitions happening all the time. I'm not talking about this from a business pov. I'm just speaking about this from a gamer's pov and wanting to measure the degree of this in relation to what others quickly deflect to with the (Sony too!!) comments.

You see the consistency but you're choosing to ignore the differences which are glaringly obvious.

This is where the conversation gets weird and starts to get into a weird grey area.
The games peole are celebrating about being exclusive, are they Sony 1st party games or sudden games that were always third party becoming exclusive? You can peruse my posting history and you'll rarely find me saying I hope Sony buys some huge publisher that makes 3rd party games and make them exclusive.
The big games that Sony drops are almost always either classic franchises or new IPs that add to the list of dope exclusives that make the platform appealing imo.

Really? Let me ask you this, was God of War always on Xbox/Nintendo platforms? What about Uncharted? Or TLOU? Or Infamous? Or LBP? Horizon? Gran Turismo? Driveclub(lol)?

You are definitely oversimplifying things and poking fun at the situation which is funny but when someone attempts to expound on it from a gamer's pov, you get cats jumping in with business/financial rhetoric condescendingly as if they're just too stupid and blind to know what's happening. It's why I often refrain from getting too technical on here because I notice this forum(not you really) is largely inflammatory and childish. You can't even have a normal discussion without someone accusing of you being hurt, broke, mad and or :uFURIOUS: if you simply point out something as a gamer and not from a financial pov.
Shambles :wow:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

As a now publisher on lots of these games they still gotta make good on all those deals Sony has already been paying for.

Sony’s biggest game this year was a Microsoft published game, cause they bought the rights a long time ago.

Remember this
Sony's rumored to have a "shocking" number of 3rd party exclusive deals lined up for PS5 - OnMSFT.com

Sony stans were dancing through the streets at the thought of Sony spending a bunch of money to starve Xbox.

omg-oh-my-god.gif

I'm in Shambles :troll:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You're trying to shift the conversation somewhere else hence why I repeatedly say this forum and the internet in general has a knee-jerk reaction problem everytime when confronted with basic logic and questions.

I'm looking at the error which is in 8k right now in this little quote but you just want to say "it's the SAAAME MAYNE!" like no, no it isn't. Sony "gobbling" up a studio that developed games for them all the time isn't the same as MSFT gobbling up a publisher. I have no beef with that as money talks, I'm just simply stating that it's disingenuous to pretend it's the same thing.

You are definitely oversimplifying things and poking fun at the situation which is funny but when someone attempts to expound on it from a gamer's pov, you get cats jumping in with business/financial rhetoric condescendingly as if they're just too stupid and blind to know what's happening. It's why I often refrain from getting too technical on here because I notice this forum(not you really) is largely inflammatory and childish.
I don't even care about this really because I play COD and 3rd party games on PC primarily and I'm a grown man with money so wherever the content is I go to. I joke and stuff from time to time but to think I'm some kid who relies on his parents to buy a console and can't afford something nice is hilarious. Again, I do not care about this as I can purchase w/e I want gaming wise.

You can't even have a normal discussion without someone accusing of you being hurt, broke, mad and or :uFURIOUS: if you simply point out something as a gamer and not from a financial pov.
nikkas is full of shyt with bad faith arguments and I refuse to partake anymore cause there’s no purpose to argue with someone being disingenuous. Lol. And this is all over the place this console war shyt is exposing people as lunatics imo. Lol

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Remember this

Sony stans we’re dancing through the streets at the thought of Sony spending a bunch of money to starve Xbox.

I guess I'm so whatever about this whole situation because I own every console. :yeshrug:
It's nothing to me to play call of duty on xbox instead of playstation.
Here's the thing, we're all men with jobs right? We can afford $500 consoles with ease no? :smugfavre:
If the games you really want to play are on another console then buy the other console. (Unless Microsoft smashed your girl:comeon:. Did Microsoft smash your girl? :ohhh:)
If you don't care about those games enough to buy the other console then why complain about this to begin with?
I don't know. I'm a safe posting Sony stan that collects games more than he plays and blah blah blah right. You got it breh. :hubie:
In the meantime...I'm playing games across platforms while ya'll bicker about life being unfair.
Call of duty, a game that gets ridiculed on here quite a bit has my e-fam on 110.

I just wish they articulated better what the issue is from a monopoly point of view (if that's their contention) or just keep that Sony stan energy that I love and just say "Oh well, looks like we aren't going to see another call of duty worth playing ever again not that Microsoft is at the helm. Look at Scalebound. This whole deal is failbound!"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
nikkas is full of shyt with bad faith arguments and I refuse to partake anymore cause there’s no purpose to argue with someone being disingenuous.
I told you yesterday. Just take a step away breh.

This doesn’t seem healthy for you.

Life comes at you fast. Sometimes you just gotta take a break.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas is full of shyt with bad faith arguments and I refuse to partake anymore cause there’s no purpose to argue with someone being disingenuous.
Pretty much. I stopped participating largely in TLR for over a year now and just browse the arcadium here and there. You can't really talk on here without people responding to what they feel like you're saying or just outright ignoring your points and just shouting some nonsense.

$5 meach will quote this and say it's gon be alright. :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I guess I'm so whatever about this whole situation because I own every console. :yeshrug:
It's nothing to me to play call of duty on xbox instead of playstation.
Here's the thing, we're all men with jobs right? We can afford $500 consoles with ease no? :smugfavre:
If the games you really want to play are on another console then buy the other console. (Unless Microsoft smashed your girl:comeon:. Did Microsoft smash your girl? :ohhh:)
If you don't care about those games enough to buy the other console then why complain about this to begin with?
I don't know. I'm a safe posting Sony stan that collects games more than he plays and blah blah blah right. You got it breh. :hubie:
In the meantime...I'm playing games across platforms while ya'll bicker about life being unfair.
Call of duty, a game that gets ridiculed on here quite a bit has my e-fam on 110.

I just wish they articulated better what the issue is from a monopoly point of view (if that's their contention) or just keep that Sony stan energy that I love and just say "Oh well, looks like we aren't going to see another call of duty worth playing ever again not that Microsoft is at the helm. Look at Scalebound. This whole deal is failbound!"
I’m just here to laugh and talk shyt as always.

I play the games I want to play wherever they are. As it should be if you are a gamer.

I just find the meltdowns comical after all these years of these dudes yelling EXCLUSIVES at the top of their lungs any chance they got.

Now the Exclusives are drying up and the competition is finally fighting back and dudes wanna cry about what’s fair or not.

I said it before, but it’s inevitable. Eventually Sony stan arguments always come back to haunt them.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Pretty much. I stopped participating largely in TLR for over a year now and just browse the arcadium here and there. You can't really talk on here without people responding to what they feel like you're saying or just outright ignoring your points and just shouting some nonsense.

$5 meach will quote this and say it's gon be alright. :mjlol:
It’s gone be alright breh :mjcry: