Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Xbox fans are celebrating this as a big win when in reality they aren’t actually getting anything new or tangible out of this. A company spent 80 billion dollars to continue getting games they were always gonna get anyway. The only reason this makes people happy is the idea that playstation players won’t be able to play CoD.

Microsoft still isn’t actually creating anything new. 80 billion dollars could have created 10 mega gaming companies. You’re still pretty much in the same situation today that you were in on Monday.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Xbox fans are celebrating this as a big win when in reality they aren’t actually getting anything new or tangible out of this. A company spent 80 billion dollars to continue getting games they were always gonna get anyway. The only reason this makes people happy is the idea that playstation players won’t be able to play CoD.

Microsoft still isn’t actually creating anything new. 80 billion dollars could have created 10 mega gaming companies. You’re still pretty much in the same situation today that you were in on Monday.
Live look at @Gizmo_Duck

:mjlol:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I do legitimately question if Microsoft would be willing to say fukk that contract and pay whatever fees coming from breaking the contract if they felt the incoming gamepass success would negate whatever they loss

If this is legitimately about to be the Netflix of gaming I could see them taking the hit

I think they will honor the deals in place but won't reup when it's time, either that or renegotiate them so that they are more favorable to Microsoft

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You don't even have to be a Xbox to see how much of a win this is.

It's just a good move

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

There's no way to know this now. The way Microsoft runs those studios with Phil Spencer could be entirely different than how Bobby Kotick ran it. He could allow studios the creative freedom to make games other than the 4 that rotated making annual Call of Duty games. You saying this like they'll just continue to run things the same way.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

“Phil Spencer is worried about tech companies barging into gaming”

bekphnqftcb41.jpg

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
There's no way to know this now. The way Microsoft runs those studios with Phil Spencer could be entirely different than how Bobby Kotick ran it. He could allow studios the creative freedom to make games other than the 4 that rotated making annual Call of Duty games. You saying this like they'll just continue to run things the same way.

Obsidian gets to make Grounded. Double Fine got extra money for Psychonauts 2, InXile got more money for Wasteland 3. They stuck with Rare to make Sea of Thieves a success.

This is all a total opposite from what Activision has done of late.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Obsidian gets to make Grounded. Double Fine got extra money for Psychonauts 2, InXile got more money for Wasteland 3. They stuck with Rare to make Sea of Thieves a success.

This is all a total opposite from what Activision has done of late.
He's already saying he's going to go to studios and talk to them about working on other projects besides Call of Duty. I mean most of the Activision studios were put on Cod games.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/01/20/xbox-activision-blizzard-phil-spencer/
Toys for Bob, one of the studios working under the Activision Blizzard banner, successfully launched games like "Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time," but later get folded into supporting Call of Duty games. Spencer said the Xbox team will talk with developers about working on a variety of franchises from the Activision Blizzard vaults.
"We're hoping that we'll be able to work with them when the deal closes to make sure we have resources to work on franchises that I love from my childhood and that the teams really want to get," Spencer said. "I'm looking forward to these conversations. I really think it's about adding resources and increasing capability."

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps

:usure: :comeon: Nah, I'm happy all these games are coming to Game Pass. It's an embarrassment of riches and the value can't be denied. I'm also glad studios like Arkane and Obsidian won't be as ruthlessly beholden to sales expectations. The big fish like CoD will buoy up the more prestigious/niche shyt. It's also nice to know MP games have a built in userbase by default. Like I'm in an xbox discord now where cats don't have to ask, "hey, you picking that up?" Everyone just...has it. It's fostered a sense of community for people of varying means. I may not play everything, just as I don't watch everything on Netflix, but the choice is there.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

The Coli’s top accountant yall :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:usure: :comeon: Nah, I'm happy all these games are coming to Game Pass. It's an embarrassment of riches and the value can't be denied. I'm also glad studios like Arkane and Obsidian won't be as ruthlessly beholden to sales expectations. The big fish like CoD will buoy up the more prestigious/niche shyt. It's also nice to know MP games have a built in userbase by default. Like I'm in an xbox discord now where cats don't have to ask, "hey, you picking that up?" Everyone just...has it. It's fostered a sense of community for people of varying means. I may not play everything, just as I don't watch everything on Netflix, but the choice is there.

You think they needed to spend 80 billion dollars to get CoD on gamepass?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
He's already saying he's going to go to studios and talk to them about working on other projects besides Call of Duty. I mean most of the Activision studios were put on Cod games.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/01/20/xbox-activision-blizzard-phil-spencer/

I'm actually really interested to see what they do with all of those support studios and old IPs. Spencer has mentioned before that they want more family friendly titles and IP's like Crash, Spyro, Guitar Hero, and Tony Hawk is very deep vault to pull from. Also, some of these support studios in the future could help out other Xbox devs and the potential for collaboration there is very interesting. Imagine CoD live services team helping out with Halo Infinite

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I'm excited about this right here.