Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
You think they needed to spend 80 billion dollars to get CoD on gamepass?
No. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Sony had "keep that shyt off GP/competing service" clauses in their petty 3rd party contracts. I'm indifferent about CoD so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. It's a nice diversion at times but as you saw in that PS thread I'm not heavy into online shooters. If anything I hope MS lets some of these "support" studios do other things. Like, why the hell is a studio called Toys For Bob working on CoD :what:? You're missing the forest for the trees.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Sony doesn't normally respond. I'm surprised that they did.

Call of Duty even on an off year is still the best selling PlayStation game bar none.

When MS announced this is must have been meltdown central over at Sony.

Sony makes a lot of money with CoD. But they've blinked with this let's call it what it is a plea.

And MS knows they're in the driving seat.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Xbox fans are celebrating this as a big win when in reality they aren’t actually getting anything new or tangible out of this. A company spent 80 billion dollars to continue getting games they were always gonna get anyway. The only reason this makes people happy is the idea that playstation players won’t be able to play CoD.

Microsoft still isn’t actually creating anything new. 80 billion dollars could have created 10 mega gaming companies. You’re still pretty much in the same situation today that you were in on Monday.
Going by phils interview sounds like activision will be changing a lot, going away from codficiation of all the studios which was driven by SharePrice. So xbox fans will be getting a lot, that alone changes the situation at activision

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Going by phils interview sounds like activision will be changing a lot, going away from codficiation of all the studios which was driven by SharePrice. So xbox fans will be getting a lot, that alone changes the situation at activision

Is that what happened at Rare? They put out a bunch of diverse and exciting titles over the last 15 years?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He’s right. I think I see what he’s trying to do now. He’s making it so that Amazon, Google, Facebook etc etc don’t bullshyt their way into the gaming space. I respect it.

Yes, microsoft will save us from the other tech giants

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Fanboys in shambles. This deal is not affecting the gaming community at all. PC can still play shyt matter of fact it will be accessible through more mediums such as Cellphones, Tablets etc..

Government could care less for Japan businesses

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Fanboys in shambles. This deal is not affecting the gaming community at all. PC can still play shyt matter of fact it will be accessible through more mediums such as Cellphones, Tablets etc..

Government could care less for Japan businesses
Bro u have no idea what’s gonna happen because u ain’t part of that business. Just sit back and wait like everyone else. Lol