Microsoft and Nintendo agree on 10 year deal to bring Xbox Games to Nintendo Platforms

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think you both are kinda of missing the main point to an extent.

It’s all about getting as many recurrent software purchases from your consumer base.

Having people on your consoles and locked into your ecosystem increases the likelihood of that happening.

That being said, as a publisher is doesn’t harm MS for selling their games on other platforms. But what they’re wagering on is that people will lock into their subscription service.

A lot of reasons, but my favorite is sony advertising like crazy that Harry Potter is a PlayStation exclusive due to one mission. :troll:
They want the $ period. Don’t matter where it’s coming from.

A person that buys an xbox console and only buys a few games from them is no more valuable than a pc person that buys a couple games from them.

Sure they would like everyone to switch to xbox and sign up for gamepass, but they’re goal is to collect money from where it’s coming from period.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I had a Dreamcast and Saturn. You know what killed those consoles? Software/Exclusives

I also had a Original Xbox. Loved that system. MS was churning out some nice exclusives at the time...

:ehh:
With each post you just have your opinion based on……your opinion. I’ve given facts and figures.

Dreamcast had lots of problems. Software/exclusives was not one of them.

Microsoft didn’t even have any 1st party studios when they released the OG xbox.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
With each post you just have your opinion based on……your opinion. I’ve given facts and figures.

Dreamcast had lots of problems. Software/exclusives was not one of them.

Microsoft didn’t even have any 1st party studios when they released the OG xbox.
Come on fam, I know you're not that dense.

When Saturn and Dreamcast were out, Playstation was in the process of crushing the buildings (with exclusives).

Microsoft had a little game called Halo which was pretty much the reason I along with everyone else got a Xbox. That along with Fable, Star Wars, Ninja Gaiden, Jade Empire, I can keep going if needed.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

When Saturn and Dreamcast were out, Playstation was in the process of crushing the buildings (with exclusives).
Back then Sony studios weren’t that good either. They had some 3rd party exclusives by virtue of timing and nintendo still not fukking with discs. Dreamcast had an amazing list of exclusives in its short life. If all it needed was exclusives it wouldn’t have failed.

The biggest thing that propped PS2 over dreamcast was the fact that PS2 played DVDs. PS2 dominated the market as one of the cheapest ways by far that people could watch DVDs
Microsoft had a little game called Halo which was pretty much the reason I along with everyone else got a Xbox. That along with Fable, KOTR, Ninja Gaiden, Jade Empire, I can keep going if needed.
No, you can’t go on, cause this is about it, and none of these other than Halo were actually developed by microsoft or really exclusives as they were all on PC and ninja gaiden ended up on playstation.

And OG xbox sold like shyt so, this point isn’t really helping your case.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Microsoft had a little game called Halo which was pretty much the reason I along with everyone else got a Xbox. That along with Fable, Star Wars, Ninja Gaiden, Jade Empire, I can keep going if needed.
PlayStation literally locked up 3rd party exclusives with the PS1 out the gate

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The biggest mistake that Microsoft made was not ensuring the studios that put out the fire ass exclusives would stay in their fold like Sony did.

Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, and Guerilla been with Sony since damn near day 1. Microsoft should have developed a better working relationship with Bungie, and Bioware. You see they are trying to correct that mistake by buying Zenimax(Bethesda) and Obsidian two developers who always had a close relationship with them.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:camby: And MS tried to follow the same blueprint and failed
No they legit cut back after the whole tomb raider blow up about them locking up the game as a timed exclusive. Before that big IP timed exclusives, marketing deals and dlc were abound. Phil came along and doubled down on it, but I think that is going to change going forward a bit, still won't be a ton a big time IP timed exclusives but more so gamepass stuff.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
PSX-PS2-360 had lots of 3rd party exclusives to fall back on. Especially 360.

At some point towards the end of 360 the “3rd party exclusive” died.

Games cost too much to make, devs need to recoup their money in as many ways as possible. It just doesn’t make sense to lock your game down to one platform anymore.

Sony was in a better position to deal with this cause they already were buying studios. Microsoft got caught empty handed as all of their 3rd party partners started to get bought up or move on to different situations. Since then microsoft has pivoted buying/building more studios but it just takes time to make games, average time for a AAA game is like 5-7 years. We are just now right in that pocket where microsoft’s new 1st party strategy is starting to produce results.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The biggest mistake that Microsoft made was not ensuring the studios that put out the fire ass exclusives would stay in their fold like Sony did.

Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, and Guerilla been with Sony since damn near day 1. Microsoft should have developed a better working relationship with Bungie, and Bioware. You see they are trying to correct that mistake by buying Zenimax(Bethesda) and Obsidian two developers who always had a close relationship with them.

Well much like Nintendo did before the playstation, Playstation does with Xbox. They have a huge home field advantage. Dev's where hype to work on a format and platform that allowed them to do more and make the kind of games they always wanted. Doing exclusive deals, buying and locking up IP on the PS basically was status quo.

Xbox came in and did the same thing similarly but instead of with graphics the did it with the online. Devs flocked to the xbox to make the games they always wanted with online functionality.
Unlike Sony though the xbox has a negative stigma because the parent company is MS, and once sony got into the race correctly with online things started to slowly move on back over to sony. MS didn't and still doesn't have a strong presence outside of America, it's an american "console" gaming company/brand 1 of the big 3 which both happen to be japanese companies. And as much as I love my american games, having STRONG japanese support is crucial.
Sony shifted focus to the west and can with no problem, people love japanese games and trust sony in general, but Xbox trying to shift over to the east :mjlol: that's going to take another decade or so before you really start to see fruit UNLESS they acquire or get a co sign from some major japanese company over there.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
No they legit cut back after the whole tomb raider blow up about them locking up the game as a timed exclusive. Before that big IP timed exclusives, marketing deals and dlc were abound. Phil came along and doubled down on it, but I think that is going to change going forward a bit, still won't be a ton a big time IP timed exclusives but more so gamepass stuff.
Yeah they cut back because they failed :pachaha:

Decided outright buying publishers is better. We will see how that goes.