Microsoft and Nintendo agree on 10 year deal to bring Xbox Games to Nintendo Platforms

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It really doesn't prove anything. You know what does, though? ZeniMax/Bethesda.
Again, with activision they are signing binding contracts to bring COD and other activision/blizzard games to other platforms. It’s not the same situation as with bethesda which they never promised to bring games like starfield to playstation.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yup when there’s actual convo based on facts and reality you don’t want to talk about it,

Apparently you just like to cheer on your favorite team :ehh:
Nothing you posted was facts, but do you breh.

Exclusives don't sell consoles... :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

there’s 90 million PS4s in peoples homes. Playstation’s highest selling exclusives sold at most 25mill.

That means the overwhelming majority of people who own a playstation are not playing “exclsuives”

The best selling and most played games are consistently the Fortnights, GTAs, COD, Minecraft, etc. When surveys are done “exclusives” are usualy far down on the list of reasons people buy a certain console.

Now i’m sure exclusives play some part and some peoples decisions, but the importance of exclusives is very much overblown in theses forum debates.

Now i’ve provided facts and figures to support my position, what facts and figures do you have to support yours?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
there’s 90 million PS4s in peoples homes. Playstation’s highest selling exclusives sold at most 25mill.

That means the overwhelming majority of people who own a playstation are not playing “exclsuives”

The best selling and most played games are consistently the Fortnights, GTAs, COD, Minecraft, etc. When surveys are done “exclusives” are usualy far down on the list of reasons people buy a certain console.

Now i’m sure exclusives play some part and some peoples decisions, but the importance of exclusives is very much overblown in theses forum debates.

Now i’ve provided facts and figures to support my position, what facts and figures do you have to support yours?
Why do these people support playstation when they have the option to get those GTAs, CODs, etc on other consoles/PC?

If it's due to suggestions from others, what originally got those others into Playstation?

Edit:

Here's a list if you'd like to take a look. Seeing you did 0 research before posing that BS

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why do these people support playstation when they have the option to get those GTAs, CODs, etc on other consoles/PC?

If it's due to suggestions from others, what originally got those others into Playstation?
There could be lots of reasons.

The biggest reason is just brand loyalty.

Playstation has been in the market longer and has had time alone in the market with which to build a huge worldwide following.

The numbers in America are always pretty close. Xbox had never been very successful in europe and japan. It’s damn near impossible to take market share away from sony in those markets. A couple extra exclusive games won’t do it.

Most people aren’t even really thinking about exclusives.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
There could be lots of reasons.

The biggest reason is just brand loyalty.

Playstation has been in the market longer and has had time alone in the market with which to build a huge worldwide following.

The numbers in America are always pretty close. Xbox had never been very successful in europe and japan. It’s damn near impossible to take market share away from sony in those markets. A couple extra exclusive games won’t do it.

Most people aren’t even really thinking about exclusives.

and why do you think playstation has brand loyalty? The controller shape?

:mjlol:

Edit: and read the articles before you post them

:bryan:

Canon

Veteran
Daps

Microsoft is embracing 3rd party status. They will hold some incentives to try to sell some consoles but ultimately they want your money wherever you are.

They realized they will never sell more consoles than sony/nintendo, so they are trying to shake up the status quo of how the industry has been working over the last couple decades.

:russ:see shyt like this is why everyone calls these people lying ass frauds and gonna get this deal thrown out

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

I think you both are kinda of missing the main point to an extent.

It’s all about getting as many recurrent software purchases from your consumer base.

Having people on your consoles and locked into your ecosystem increases the likelihood of that happening.

That being said, as a publisher is doesn’t harm MS for selling their games on other platforms. But what they’re wagering on is that people will lock into their subscription service.

and why do you think playstation has brand loyalty? The controller shape?

:mjlol:
A lot of reasons, but my favorite is sony advertising like crazy that Harry Potter is a PlayStation exclusive due to one mission. :troll:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think you both are kinda of missing the main point to an extent.

It’s all about getting as many recurrent software purchases from your consumer base.

Having people on your consoles and locked into your ecosystem increases the likelihood of that happening.

That being said, as a publisher is doesn’t harm MS for selling their games on other platforms. But what they’re wagering on is that people will lock into their subscription service.

A lot of reasons, but my favorite is sony advertising like crazy that Harry Potter is a PlayStation exclusive due to one mission. :troll:

Yes, it's great when you get someone to buy gamepass, no matter the platform.

It's even better when you can sell the same people on a $300-$400 console while they buy said gamepass. That's simply good business.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
As sega fumbled the saturn and Dreamcast Sony created an entire market for themselves.

They didn’t get competent competition until 360. Which also didn’t sell very well in Europe and Japan.
I had a Dreamcast and Saturn. You know what killed those consoles? Software/Exclusives

I also had a Original Xbox. Loved that system. MS was churning out some nice exclusives at the time...

:ehh: