Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The people you follow on resetera were convinced the CMA would pass. Which is why you disappeared on the subject for weeks.

They have literally been wrong every step of the way.

Yet here you are :francis:

I’ve said none of that.

I posted links with unbiased information.

You posted what you thought was a sensational headline that supported your view without actually reading the article that clearly goes against them looking weak in front of parliament.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You posted what you thought was a sensational headline that supported your view without actually reading the article that clearly goes against them looking weak in front of parliament.
It’s literally the news on the subject for today. With no opinions attached.

When actual facts, news and info look “bias” to you. Then you are probably on the wrong side of things:francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s literally the news on the subject for today. With no opinions attached.

When actual facts, news and info look “bias” to you. Then you are probably on the wrong side of things:francis:

You posted the article and then added your own sensationalist spin on it. Literally Fox News network tier reporting here meach :smh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You posted the article and then added your own sensationalist spin on it. Literally Fox News network tier reporting here meach :smh:
I said nothing sensational.

“UK Parliament not entirely on board with CMA decision”

Is not sensationalist. It’s literally what happened in the meeting.

Everyone reporting on it is saying the same thing.

It bothers you, cause it ain’t the answer you are looking for.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City

U.K. Parliament not entirely on board with the decision.

More support from the industry.

It’s increasingly looking like it’s the CMA vs the world including their own government.

Resetera and reddit lawyers would have you believe all of this means nothing, but just from a practical standpoint i don’t see how the CMA can stand firm against literally the entire world telling them they are wrong

Stuff like this actually happens all the time in the world and companies just have to make a decision. In certain parts of Europe Skittles are banned, instead of changing their formula the company just decided to let it ride and do business everywhere else

But the CMA isn’t going to be swayed by popular opinion. They’ve made their decision now MS has to make theirs. Do they cater to it or do they just bring back the classic quote “we’ve got a product for you, it’s called Xbox 360”

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Stuff like this actually happens all the time in the world and companies just have to make a decision. In certain parts of Europe Skittles are banned, instead of changing their formula the company just decided to let it ride and do business everywhere else

But the CMA isn’t going to be swayed by popular opinion. They’ve made their decision now MS has to make theirs. Do they cater to it or do they just bring back the classic quote “we’ve got a product for you, it’s called Xbox 360”
Don’t think this can be as simple as not selling skittles in the U.K. as the U.K. national security is currently in microsoft’s hands(cloud)

But Microsoft does seem very determined to make this happen, so i think they will do whatever they need to, to get it done.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Don’t think this can be as simple as not selling skittles in the U.K. as the U.K. national security is currently in microsoft’s hands(cloud)

But Microsoft does seem very determined to make this happen, so i think they will do whatever they need to, to get it done.
Although Microsoft CEO does leave open the possibility of pulling their business out of the U.K.

I think it’s just posturing tho.

But one of the biggest richest companies in the world making threats like this can’t be a good thing for how other businesses and the U.K. own government view the CMA and their decision making.

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
Although Microsoft CEO does leave open the possibility of pulling their business out of the U.K.

But one of the biggest richest companies in the world making threats like this can’t be a good thing for how other businesses and the U.K. own government view the CMA and their decision making.

isn't this why the prime minister weighed in on the topic?

Canon

Veteran
Daps

U.K. Parliament not entirely on board with the decision.

More support from the industry.

It’s increasingly looking like it’s the CMA vs the world including their own government.

Resetera and reddit lawyers would have you believe all of this means nothing, but just from a practical standpoint i don’t see how the CMA can stand firm against literally the entire world telling them they are wrong

:sas2: still posting garbage twitters after the last couple weeks

y'all never learn

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I think they are seriously considering it, but strictly as a last option.

I mention this even before the analyst dude. MS selling and providing AB stuff in all areas but the UK is a likelihood. Especially if the numbers of what they'll make vs what they'll lose yearly add up.

And then it'll just be a point of them selling AB games through some proxy or shell company in the UK at some point.

I feel like this deal is going through one way or another. You can tell MS has basically started to implement AB into their over all gaming goals.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Man I had a couple threads about the implications of this deal on Sony and the tech industry going forward but for some reason they kept getting closed or merged... :francis:
Yeah, that’s how it works around here.

Actual discussion is stifled for stan shyt.

And they wonder why this forum is perpetual console wars.