Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
They getting the games forever. That’s exactly what they wanted. No 10 year deal. Forever year deal.

It’s MS that wanted to deal this death blow to Sony the second they could. Now they can’t

Not true. You don't agree to long term deal in business. 10 years and reup is acceptable. Sony issue is negotiating with their competitor and Microsoft owning Call of Duty cutting into their profits.

chargers31

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chargers
Deal will eventually be completed :demonic:.
images

If the UK gets left out :manny:.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Good points made here.

I really only hope it's for the better. I for one have not enjoyed many of Microsoft's recent products, so I'm a little concerned.

You just posted a bunch of bullshyt :mjlol:
First it says its info from a real lawyer, then it goes into straight fanboy talk about xbox/playstation. Not some informed opinion about law
Completely different. This is how reporting is done in the 2-3'? :scusthov:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
they can use COD to bolster Gamepass, while collecting money from everyone else
Yea they could have done that the whole time.. They didn't want to. Now they are being forced to.

Bruh, whats stopping Microsoft from making Call of Duty... and then one day going "Lets make a new FPS"
Then guess what, you have a forever deal to play old ass COD. This game I just spoke of will be made sooner than later.
Sure, they'll still make COD, why not. Its easy money, more money than sony will make off of Destiny but that's just a cheap shot by me :manny:
You talking like if this deal means you'll be getting COD in your streaming service as a day 1 title :usure:

You guys are exhibiting itching ears syndrome heavy and you only hearing what you want to hear. Well hear this.
MW3 is likely going to cost me $0 but I'll spend $10 on battlepass. I'm happy for you guys to be able to pay to play moving forward :mj:
What's to stop them? Ask the motherfukkers who ain't launch a new FPS IP since halo and gears time.. You think they blew billions on activision so they could turn around and make their own game? In what world are you living in fam?

They was getting their asses handed to them. Thought, lets go get the most popular game in the world, shut these motherfukkers out, and everybody is going to come back to us...

What they got... SO FAR... is an ORDER to keep all activision games not only on all competitors consoles, but also keep them on every competitors version of the cloud, so they don't even have to go through gamepass to get it.

That's NOT what they planned on doing, therefore it's a LOSS to the plan.. All that other stuff you talking, I didn't bring up nor care about. I'm not paying any money for COD nikka lol. Madden and The Show is the only yearly waste of my money that I can handle. It's just funny watching people ignore what just happened and try to spin it as a win somehow. This was not what they wanted

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Not true. You don't agree to long term deal in business. 10 years and reup is acceptable. Sony issue is negotiating with their competitor and Microsoft owning Call of Duty cutting into their profits.
You surely didn't read the article because they said forever.. MS already pitched 10 years and they said nah..

all current AND future... all providers to stream ANY activision blizzard pc and console games....

• A free license to consumers in the EEA that would allow them to stream, via any cloud game streaming services of their choice, all current and future Activision Blizzard PC and console games for which they have a license.

• A corresponding free license to cloud game streaming service providers to allow EEA-based gamers to stream any Activision Blizzard's PC and console games.

The only real thing that should be celebrated is that it's just the EU and if they beat the FTC, they can do whatever the fukk they want in the US... But this is definitely saying Activision is the world's gift

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yea they could have done that the whole time.. They didn't want to. Now they are being forced to.
could have done what? when they reached out to Sony, Jim Ryan famously said "I don't want a new Call of Duty deal. I just want to block your merger."

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You surely didn't read the article because they said forever.. MS already pitched 10 years and they said nah..

all current AND future... all providers to stream ANY activision blizzard pc and console games....

• A free license to consumers in the EEA that would allow them to stream, via any cloud game streaming services of their choice, all current and future Activision Blizzard PC and console games for which they have a license.

• A corresponding free license to cloud game streaming service providers to allow EEA-based gamers to stream any Activision Blizzard's PC and console games.

The only real thing that should be celebrated is that it's just the EU and if they beat the FTC, they can do whatever the fukk they want in the US... But this is definitely saying Activision is the world's gift
you left something out

To address the competition concerns identified by the Commission in the market for the distribution of PC and console games via cloud game streaming services, Microsoft offered the following comprehensive licensing commitments, with a 10-year duration:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
you left something out

You're absolutely right. I didn't see that part.. That's really weird cause that's what they offered in the first place and they're acting like it's a new offer

could have done what? when they reached out to Sony, Jim Ryan famously said "I don't want a new Call of Duty deal. I just want to block your merger."
That's what an activision suit said that he said.... But if he did, he's a piece of shyt :yeshrug:

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
The whole premise of this thread is in jeopardy from this EU approval.

Let see what the UK going to do with their weak ass argument that legit everybody else in the world has already signed off.

Watch it get approve with restrictions :heh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

What's to stop them? Ask the motherfukkers who ain't launch a new FPS IP since halo and gears time.. You think they blew billions on activision so they could turn around and make their own game? In what world are you living in fam?

They was getting their asses handed to them. Thought, lets go get the most popular game in the world, shut these motherfukkers out, and everybody is going to come back to us...

What they got... SO FAR... is an ORDER to keep all activision games not only on all competitors consoles, but also keep them on every competitors version of the cloud, so they don't even have to go through gamepass to get it.

That's NOT what they planned on doing, therefore it's a LOSS to the plan.. All that other stuff you talking, I didn't bring up nor care about. I'm not paying any money for COD nikka lol. Madden and The Show is the only yearly waste of my money that I can handle. It's just funny watching people ignore what just happened and try to spin it as a win somehow. This was not what they wanted
I seen how you was corrected in parts so we don't need to regurgitate those points. But you was wrong everywhere bruh
For starters, being exclusive to gamepass was NEVER the plan. Being in gamepass day 1 means Gamepass easily picks up 100million subcribers at hello. When MW3 comes out you can either pay $70 for the game ($100 for the complete edition) or you can pay $60 a year (on the gamepass family plan)

Not sure why sony fans can't see it but sony is making a big deal about it :francis:

As for them not making a new franchise :stop: COD had 3+ studios working on COD so they can have a new one each year. They going to make it every other year now, and why not dedicate one of the games as a new franchise to see how it does? Why not have them add to their portfolio to make the service even more attractive in the future? See, you make no sense saying they wouldn't eventually. I'm not saying it has to replace COD, Halo doesn't have to replace COD, Gears doesn't have to replace COD. But if sony wants to continue acting like bytches? Why not malke MW4 be titled War on the Farm and release it on every platform except sony? It can happen if they want war. I don't think they have to worry about doing all that. Sony doesn't have a cloud of its own so sony is about to be a gamepass exclusive within the next 2gens. There won't be a PS7 unless you talking about the PS7 app

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I seen how you was corrected in parts so we don't need to regurgitate those points. But you was wrong everywhere bruh
For starters, being exclusive to gamepass was NEVER the plan. Being in gamepass day 1 means Gamepass easily picks up 100million subcribers at hello. When MW3 comes out you can either pay $70 for the game ($100 for the complete edition) or you can pay $60 a year (on the gamepass family plan)

Not sure why sony fans can't see it but sony is making a big deal about it :francis:

As for them not making a new franchise :stop: COD had 3+ studios working on COD so they can have a new one each year. They going to make it every other year now, and why not dedicate one of the games as a new franchise to see how it does? Why not have them add to their portfolio to make the service even more attractive in the future? See, you make no sense saying they wouldn't eventually. I'm not saying it has to replace COD, Halo doesn't have to replace COD, Gears doesn't have to replace COD. But if sony wants to continue acting like bytches? Why not malke MW4 be titled War on the Farm and release it on every platform except sony? It can happen if they want war. I don't think they have to worry about doing all that. Sony doesn't have a cloud of its own so sony is about to be a gamepass exclusive within the next 2gens. There won't be a PS7 unless you talking about the PS7 app
Gamepass = PSN Plus... So yes, they do have a cloud and COD will be on it

If MS could easily do this, they would have

Only thing I was wrong about was 10 years in the EU

If they paid all these billions so they can time release COD, and think people gonna ditch their ps5 instead of waiting a few months, then they don't realize that nikkas is BROKE

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Gamepass = PSN Plus... So yes, they do have a cloud and COD will be on it

If MS could easily do this, they would have

Only thing I was wrong about was 10 years in the EU

If they paid all these billions so they can time release COD, and think people gonna ditch their ps5 instead of waiting a few months, then they don't realize that nikkas is BROKE
If you think they really thought that then idk what to tell you...Phil just said making great games won't make Playstation fans ditch their ps5 for a Xbox so why do you think they would think owning COD would make Playstation fans ditch their ps5 ?? Cmon man