Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Phil Spencer stated that Nintendo and Sony won’t hurt the gaming market, because he knows they don’t have the resources to disrupt how it currently makes money, they do, google does, and amazon does.. Basically they singled themselves out not as a gaming company, but as a big tech company that is Willing the snuff the current market leaders out using their access to something competitors can’t get. Thats what the market is being protected from. The long term implications of Microsoft not being regulated with cloud streaming is that they use their power in the market to dictate every other competitor on their terms.

Sony might lead the console market but thats it, they don’t have power beyond that. Same with nintendo, they don’t have the power to dictate anything sony or microsoft does, or steam, or apple, or google does.

Microsoft pretty much want to control the mobile gaming market, pc gaming market, console, and streaming using their one major asset no one else has access to.

Sorry but im not gonna sit here and entertain XBOX stans tell me that it’s unfair because they want more games on gamepass. Its bigger than that

Regulators ain’t trying to destroy the current healthy gaming market for Microsoft.
I guess you and I see things on a fundamental different level. Sony has owned a company involved with cloud gaming before Microsoft ever even thought of it. So why then don't they dominate the cloud gaming space?

Sony in more interested in their current business model than in innovation. This is why a lot of what Sony did for a time was a response to Xbox. Who was the first between them to standardize USB on a console controller? Standardize a first party wireless controller and pack it in? Who was the first to have cross game invites and a single user ID on their online platform? Cross game chat? Who was the first to even have an online platform? Who was the first to really push consoles having hard drives? Do you remember console OS used to look like before Xbox? Why didn't trophies exist before achievements?

What stopped Sony from doing any of that stuff first? A company came into the space and tried to disrupt the market leader and they pushed ideas, concepts, and standardizations that we're all mostly better for having today. A lot of the modern console experience for better and sometime for the worse (pay to play online and horse armor) is stuff Microsoft pushed or even created.

You're talking about Microsoft destroying the market and I'm talking about Sony having a competitor to push them so they don't regress and start stripping back features like physical backwards compatibility more than an generation back or in other cases not having stuff like smart delivery and cross platform saves being standardized. I mean you buy Horizon on PS4 and get the PS5 version because the CEO got embarrassed but you buy Ghost of Tsushima and well...

If you want to act like all the shyt Microsoft has done none of it has benefitted you as a PlayStation gamer I'mma call you a damn liar. A weak Microsoft means as a PlayStation gamer I'm also getting a weaker product because instead of Sony thinking about how they can starve off a competitor they're thinking how can they further exploit our market dominance and do shyt like not have physical backwards compatibility but sell it as an online service. Me not being a blind fanboy and recognizing that hardly makes me an Xbot when I almost never even play Xbox.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Honest opinion, CMA doesn’t really give a shyt about cloud gaming. The sheer size of the purchase is why they squashed it.

Optics are bad if they let 70+ billion dollar acquisitions run unchecked

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I guess you and I see things on a fundamental different level. Sony has owned a company involved with cloud gaming before Microsoft ever even thought of it. So why then don't they dominate the cloud gaming space?

Sony in more interested in their current business model than in innovation. This is why a lot of what Sony did for a time was a response to Xbox. Who was the first between them to standardize USB on a console controller? Standardize a first party wireless controller and pack it in? Who was the first to have cross game invites and a single user ID on their online platform? Cross game chat? Who was the first to even have an online platform? Who was the first to really push consoles having hard drives? Do you remember console OS used to look like before Xbox? Why didn't trophies exist before achievements?

What stopped Sony from doing any of that stuff first? A company came into the space and tried to disrupt the market leader and they pushed ideas, concepts, and standardizations that we're all mostly better for having today. A lot of the modern console experience for better and sometime for the worse (pay to play online and horse armor) is stuff Microsoft pushed or even created.

You're talking about Microsoft destroying the market and I'm talking about Sony having a competitor to push them so they don't regress and start stripping back features like physical backwards compatibility more than an generation back or in other cases not having stuff like smart delivery and cross platform saves being standardized. I mean you buy Horizon on PS4 and get the PS5 version because the CEO got embarrassed but you buy Ghost of Tsushima and well...

If you want to act like all the shyt Microsoft has done none of it has benefitted you as a PlayStation gamer I'mma call you a damn liar. A weak Microsoft means as a PlayStation gamer I'm also getting a weaker product because instead of Sony thinking about how they can starve off a competitor they're thinking how can they further exploit our market dominance and do shyt like not have physical backwards compatibility but sell it as an online service. Me not being a blind fanboy and recognizing that hardly makes me an Xbot when I almost never even play Xbox.

And when microsoft become the indsutry leader with no way for Nintendo, Sony, Steam, etc. to fight back who pushes them to be consumer friendly and innovative?

The fundamental difference is you want Microsoft to win by using methods no one can compete with, because it requires a massive amount of money. Microsoft doesn’t have to play sony or Nintendos game to innovate or be competitive and they don’t need to spend 100 billion dollars to do it either

If you believed Microsoft did all that stuff to push the industry forward then you have to believe they can still do it without buying more publishers

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And when microsoft become the indsutry leader with no way for Nintendo, Sony, Steam, etc. to fight back who pushes them to be consumer friendly and innovative?

The fundamental difference is you want Microsoft to win by using methods no one can compete with, because it requires a massive amount of money. Microsoft doesn’t have to play sony or Nintendos game to innovate or be competitive and they don’t need to spend 100 billion dollars to do it either

If you believed Microsoft did all that stuff to push the industry forward then you have to believe they can still do it without buying more publishers
COD doesn’t make or break the console market, so it wouldn’t do so in the cloud either.

If microsoft is so positioned to lead the cloud industry owning COD or not doesn’t matter. Nintendo and sony already can’t compete.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
COD doesn’t make or break the console market, so it wouldn’t do so in the cloud either.

If microsoft is so positioned to lead the cloud industry owning COD or not doesn’t matter. Nintendo and sony already can’t compete.

Then there should be no problem either way. Mass consolidation isn’t necessary for cloud to succeed

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Then there should be no problem either way. Mass consolidation isn’t necessary for cloud to succeed
Microsoft will make it work for themselves. If they aren’t forced to make all these friendly deals to get the merger to go through then that actually puts them in a better position to shrewdly dictate the cloud market. Kinda like sony does in console now.

Why do you think all the streaming services want this to go through?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Microsoft will make it work for themselves. If they aren’t forced to make all these friendly deals to get the merger to go through then that actually puts them in a better position to shrewdly dictate the cloud market. Kinda like sony does in console now.

Why do you think all the streaming services want this to go through?

Because they want the games, they not getting them from sony or nintendo, so who’s left? Microsoft and the biggest 3rd party publisher. They are pretty much dangling a carrot in front of them.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Don’t matter why you bought it. They spent 70bill on xbox and as a shareholder it would make sense that you would want theme to create and dominate a new market, but hey fukk all that, gotta stan sony :ehh:

I have no problem with MS as a whole. It’s the incompetence in the Xbox division I can’t stand. Cloud services is why I bought 5 figures worth of stock

I want out of Xbox hardware, embrace being a publisher ,and bring Gamepass to all platforms

And Phil, Greenburg, and Booty (pause) all gone

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Meach may be one of the smartest posters on this site. super knowledgeable and understandable. But when It comes to Xbox his brain go to mush. I don’t get it at all

i be shocked as hell when I see it’s a post from him i dapped. aint gon front I be taking some of them bytches back when I catch it lol

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Because they want the games, they not getting them from sony or nintendo, so who’s left? Microsoft and the biggest 3rd party publisher. They are pretty much dangling a carrot in front of them.
Right so without microsoft they don’t stand a chance.

Somebody has to make the market. Microsoft is the only one with the money and infrastructure and motivation to do so right now.

Sony could, but the status quo is working for them right now. As more people get comfortable with cloud as a way of gaming Sony’s business plan makes less and less sense. Which is why they are fighting against this merger so hard. This merger would speed it up, but we are still headed in the same direction no matter what.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Right so without microsoft they don’t stand a chance.

Somebody has to make the market. Microsoft is the only one with the money and infrastructure and motivation to do so right now.

Sony could, but the status quo is working for them right now. As more people get comfortable with cloud as a way of gaming Sony’s business plan makes less and less sense. Which is why they are fighting against this merger so hard. This merger would speed it up, but we are still headed in the same direction no matter what.

Microsoft can provide games to them without buying Acitvision though, why would that be a pre-requisite?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Meach may be one of the smartest posters on this site. super knowledgeable and understandable. But when It comes to Xbox his brain go to mush. I don’t get it at all

i be shocked as hell when I see it’s a post from him i dapped. aint gon front I be taking some of them bytches back when I catch it lol
I’m the same here, y’all just ignore context for stan reasons.

Again I was the ONLY one here to say Cloud would be the actual problem with the merger.

I have not said anything out of the ordinary in here. Been trying
to talk about the merger and the market from a reasonable standpoint, but to y’all if it ain’t “sony is amazing, microsoft is shyt” it means my brain is the mushy one :mindblown: