Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
the best thing about Sony fighting this was that it put a huge spotlight on the current gaming market, which kind of safeguards other major publsihers from being bought by a platform holder. There is no way this happens again with the likes of EA, Take Two, Epic, etc.

The worst thing that could have happened is no pushback against the deal and it closing a year ago
Maybe from your perspective.

The rest of us saw this deal get approved across the globe with no hesitation and the only two entities that had an issue ended up taking an L.

If anything this just raises the cap on acquisitions that will be questioned.

Last edited:

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Spend 70 billion and give your biggest game away and 30% of each copy sold (over half) to your competitor. :mjlol:

Spend 70 billion to replace Halo because you mismanaged it and still leave COD on your competitors platform for 10 more years while you come last place for the next two gens :russ:

I guess the sales for COD on Samsung fridges and toasters via the cloud wasn't looking too good for the future :duck:

For the gamers my ass, more like we need those Ps5 COD sales because we're giving this shyt away like dummies because we're rich and in last place :scust:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So COD for 10 years…or COD and other franchises that no one cares about for just 3.5 years?

Sounds like the 10 year COD is a better deal.
:yeshrug:

Its like acting like they made out like bandits cause we don’t get the next crash bandicoot spin off.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Thinking Cod/Acti published games moved consoles :russ:
blizzard stuff is only mostly played on PC doesn't sell consoles either never did:comeon:

it was just a lot of PlayStation gamers playing cod but they also got the ps5 for sony made games:manny:

they would just double dip like we all did during xbox 360/ps3 days and have both systems "console war" only for those kids/teenagers that couldn't afford a bunch of consoles in the house so they only stan'd the console they could get.:mjlol:

but watch gamepass price go up once MS fully get what it wants :skip:
broke gamers back in shambles wondering what happened:huhldup:
when people told them the stuff MS is doing as nothing to do about gaming but want the market like windows OS :mjpls:

ie force sony to accpet gamepass force nintendo to accept gamepass on thier console

M$ knows it's hard to do that when your competition makes actual games were you don't and chooses not to make anything but have all the money in the world to do so:sas1:

I'm going to play the crap out of starfield though :blessed:

should I upgrade my 3080 ti to a 4090:patrice:

Clive's mom is a bytch :pacspit:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Spend 70 billion and give your biggest game away and 30% of each copy sold (over half) to your competitor. :mjlol:

Spend 70 billion to replace Halo because you mismanaged it and still leave COD on your competitors platform for 10 more years while you come last place for the next two gens :russ:

I guess the sales for COD on Samsung fridges and toasters via the cloud wasn't looking too good for the future :duck:

For the gamers my ass, more like we need those Ps5 COD sales because we're giving this shyt away like dummies because we're rich and in last place :scust:
Such a big L it will only just fund the entire xbox division and games. Such s big L :mjcry:. How will xbox exist with this?

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
I mean, this is the better deal, 2027 vs 2033.

Realistically what is activision/blizzard releasing inbetween now and the end of the generation thats not CoD?
Had they been more approachable they could have tried to negotiate in order to have COD until 2033 and existing other titles until 2027.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Had they been more approachable they could have tried to negotiate in order to have COD until 2033 and existing other titles until 2027.

Again, what other titles? Activision/Blizzards biggest games came out already, Diablo IV, Overwatch 2, CoD, nothing else is relevant in the console space.

Yall think they are gonna drop another diablo before then?