Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're literally full of shyt breh, you keep trying to paint me as some sony stan to avoid engaging with my argument. I literally said I'm against "Big" tech mergers. Point to a single time I had a problem with microsoft buying a smaller studio since you think I'm biased towards sony.
Anything microsoft or sony buys is a “big tech merger”

Applying blind ideology and arbitrary limits to your “concern” is indicative of some other bias driving your comments here :ehh:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
All of these companies were purchased by Sony. None of them were studios Sony themselves founded. Is the argument that companies shouldn't purchase other companies to acquire and develop content or it it the scale at which Microsoft does it?
Guerrilla Games
Insomniac Games
Naughty Dog
Media Molecule
Sucker Punch Productions
Bluepoint Games
Bend Studio
Nixxes Software
Bungie
All of these studios besides Bungie were exclusively developing playstation games for most of their existence. Yall keep acting like that's the same shyt like yall are retarded or something.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Anything microsoft or sony buys is a “big tech merger”

Applying blind ideology and arbitrary limits to your “concern” is indicative of some other bias driving your comments here :ehh:
You're wrong, but you're here to troll so I'm not even gonna engage.

:camby:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All of these studios besides Bungie were exclusively developing playstation games for most of their existence. Yall keep acting like that's the same shyt like yall are retarded or something.
Consolidation is consolidation.

You defend it in one place and condemn it in another based on your own arbitrary standards :mjpls:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
All of these companies were purchased by Sony. None of them were studios Sony themselves founded. Is the argument that companies shouldn't purchase other companies to acquire and develop content or it it the scale at which Microsoft does it?
Guerrilla Games
Insomniac Games
Naughty Dog
Media Molecule
Sucker Punch Productions
Bluepoint Games
Bend Studio
Nixxes Software
Bungie
Scale.

These are not Activision sized. And were purchased over the span of like 10-15 years.

Many were also already producing original IPs for Sony. M$ is acquiring publishers/developers who have generally been Multiplat for 20-25 years.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's a form of plastic box wars copism.

It's OK for sony to pay to take the largest games off xbox, but if xbox invest billions in their business It's a problem. Ha
There’s a difference between a timed exclusive and outright capturing a 4th (or more) of 3rd party publishing over the span of 2-3 years

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You just defended it in that very post. And you lied to do so :wow:
I've been consistent on both sides, you said I defend it on one side and not the other.

You think consolidation is the same regardless of the size of the deal because you're retarded.

Find a post of mine being against Microsoft acquiring a studio but defending sony doing the same.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There’s a difference between a timed exclusive and outright capturing a 4th (or more) of 3rd party publishing over the span of 2-3 years
The gaming market is huge. What Microsft has purchased is not a lot relative to the overall market. If it was then they wouldn’t have won in court.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The gaming market is huge. What Microsft has purchased is not a lot relative to the overall market. If it was then they wouldn’t have won in court.
What? Activision is the 3rd biggest publisher. Zenimax was at least top 10.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Scale.

These are not Activision sized. And were purchased over the span of like 10-15 years.

Many were also already producing original IPs for Sony. M$ is acquiring publishers/developers who have generally been Multiplat for 20-25 years.

Exactly, like lets name the biggest games those studios made before they were acquired.

Guerrilla Games - Killzone (sony owned ip)

Insomniac - Ratchet and Clank (sony owned IP), Resistance (sony owned IP), Spyro

Naughty Dog - Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2, Crash Team Racing

Media Molecule - Little Big Planet (sony owned IP)

Sucker Punch - Sly Cooper, Infamous (both sony owned IP)

Bluepoint - remasters and remakes of exclusively owned playstation IP

Bend Studio - Syphon Filter (sony owned IP), Bubsy 3D

Bungie - Destiny (which is still multiplatform)

And by sony owned that means those games were completely funded and published by and for Playstation with Sony money. There’s a good chance most of these studios wouldn’t even exist right now if it weren’t for sony acquiring them much less making some of the best and most awarded games in the industry.

But yes, it’s completely the same thing as Microsoft buying Bethesda and Activision :mjlol:

Last edited: