Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You can’t block a merger because a future merger might be problematic. That’s crazy. If that’s the case no merger should go through cause there’s always a chance a future merger COULD be bad.
Yes, you can. If you read that "x" company documented plans to buy 7 more companies in writing. That along with previous purchases can be brought up as an argument.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Well somebody over there running around with your username, spelled identical. nikkas committing Internet forum identity fraud is crazy :pachaha:

EDIT: I'm kinda concerned ed at how invested y'all are in this shyt. Maybe I'm really not cut out to be a content creator cuz this shyt is just not compelling to me. I haven't been inspired to make anything in over a week, idk

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes, you can. If you read that "x" company documented plans to buy 7 more companies in writing. That along with previous purchases can be brought up as an argument.
If you paid attention all of that was brung up in court. None of it was against the law or indicative of an anti-trust situation.

No merger has ever been broken up due to a future maybe acquisition. This won’t be the first.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If you paid attention all of that was brung up in court. None of it was against the law or indicative of an anti-trust situation.
I'll leave you alone, at least you admit the job of the FTC is to attempt to project how mergers/acquisitions will affect the market in the future.

If you paid attention, that's exactly what I said like 5 posts ago.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You can’t block this merger based on some future doom and gloom you made up in your head.

Microsoft could very well be done with large purchases like this one. There comes a point where too big exists. It wouldn’t be beneficial for them to have too many studios to manage.
Which is the reason I said the CMA's and FTC's arguments were dog shyt. My main concern has always been the $150 billion microsoft set aside for acquisitions, and why i said it should have been brought up and questioned over everything else brought up during these hearings.

I don't know what microsoft has planned, but after 2 publisher acquisitions, I want to know how far they plan on going.

Yall think I'm just on some stan shyt, but $150 billion is alot of fukking money, more than Sony and Nintendo's net worth put together, I dont think anyone should be allowed to spend that much on consolidation of any industry.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Well somebody over there running around with your username, spelled identical. nikkas committing Internet forum identity fraud is crazy :pachaha:
:why:

Ain't that forum basically a far right safe space now? Gotta change my shyt now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Which is the reason I said the CMA's and FTC's arguments were dog shyt. My main concern has always been the $150 billion microsoft set aside for acquisitions, and why i said it should have been brought up and questioned over everything else brought up during these hearings.

I don't know what microsoft has planned, but after 2 publisher acquisitions, I want to know how far they plan on going.

Yall think I'm just on some stan shyt, but $150 billion is alot of fukking money, more than Sony and Nintendo's net worth put together, I dont think anyone should be allowed to spend that much on consolidation of any industry.
They can’t make an argument about future acquisitions until they actually happen.

They took what they had to court, which is pretty much nothing about this specific deal would be bad for consumers especially with the concessions made.

Also i’m not sure where you got the 150b number from i have not seen that anywhere.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'll leave you alone, at least you admit the job of the FTC is to attempt to project how mergers/acquisitions will affect the market in the future.

If you paid attention, that's exactly what I said like 5 posts ago.
Each case is it’s own case.

Can’t block shyt based on blind ideology. They got clapped up in court and will continue to do so until they get the laws on their side.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
They can’t make an argument about future acquisitions until they actually happen.

They took what they had to court, which is pretty much nothing about this specific deal would be bad for consumers especially with the concessions made.

Also i’m not sure where you got the 150b number from i have not seen that anywhere.
And besides that nothing illegal about acquisitions lol

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Each case is it’s own case.

Can’t block shyt based on blind ideology. They got clapped up in court and will continue to do so until they get the laws on their side.
hence why they requested documents/evidence.

Not disputing FTCs case was bad, but to say they can't block a merger/acquisition based on future projections is plain wrong.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're literally full of shyt breh, you keep trying to paint me as some sony stan to avoid engaging with my argument. I literally said I'm against "Big" tech mergers. Point to a single time I had a problem with microsoft buying a smaller studio since you think I'm biased towards sony.
I'm not trying to paint you as anything.

I don't understand how you can say your not ok with consolidation but then be ok with it as long as it's not a large merger.

100 pennies still equal a dollar.

So it sounds like you really just don't like the idea or optics of consolidation, but in reality if it's a bunch of a smaller ones, like both Sony and MS have done you are ok with it.

Which still doesn't make sense to me, I just assume you don't like companies with a lot of money making big purchases.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm not trying to paint you as anything.

I don't understand how you can say your not ok with consolidation but then be ok with it as long as it's not a large merger.

100 pennies still equal a dollar.

So it sounds like you really just don't like the idea or optics of consolidation, but in reality if it's a bunch of a smaller ones, like both Sony and MS have done you are ok with it.

Which still doesn't make sense to me, I just assume you don't like companies with a lot of money making big purchases.
It's this simple, did Sony's purchase of Media Molecule affect the market the same as M$ purchase of Zenimax or Activision?

There's levels to consolidation (1% vs 30%)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
hence why they requested documents/evidence.

Not disputing FTCs case was bad, but to say they can't block a merger/acquisition based on future projections is plain wrong.
Based on future projections OF FUTURE AQUISTIONS.

You keep ignoring that part and playing this dumb ass semantics shyt with me.

Future projections of this merger were just fine. That’s what was figured out in court.

You guys are talking about future mergers that have not even been proposed yet. There’s no legal leg to stand on in that context. Microsoft could “plan” to buy whatever they want. Until they actually make an offer and have an offer accepted there’s nothing the FTC can do about “plans”

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's this simple, did Sony's purchase of Media Molecule affect the market the same as M$ purchase of Zenimax or Activision?

There's levels to consolidation (1% vs 30%)
Sony themselves said the zenimax stuff was ok. And if microsft wanted to just take away content they wouldn’t have spent 70b on activision.

Sony themselves don’t even agree with your “concerns” here.:francis: