Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I've been consistent on both sides, you said I defend it on one side and not the other.

You think consolidation is the same regardless of the size of the deal because you're retarded.

Find a post of mine being against Microsoft acquiring a studio but defending sony doing the same.
Just in the post i quoted you defended consolidation done by sony for “reasons”

The only reason there’s some arbitrary standard placed on size is cause you wanna speak out against this deal. By your logic they could have purchased Activision/Blizzard individually and it would have been just fine? That shyt don’t make any sense to a reasonable ear.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Just in the post i quoted you defended consolidation done by sony for “reasons”

The only reason there’s some arbitrary standard placed on size is cause you wanna speak out against this deal. By your logic they could have purchased Activision/Blizzard individually and it would have been just fine? That shyt don’t make any sense to a reasonable ear.
Size matters, at no point did sony buy up 1/4 of third party market share in a couple of years.

Gaming market brings in over $350b a year.

Activision/Blizzard brings in around $7B.

There’s more than enough money and IP to go around.
How much of that 350 is 3rd party?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
All of these studios besides Bungie were exclusively developing playstation games for most of their existence. Yall keep acting like that's the same shyt like yall are retarded or something.
All of these companies were purchased by Sony. None of them were studios Sony themselves founded. Is the argument that companies shouldn't purchase other companies to acquire and develop content or it it the scale at which Microsoft does it?
Guerrilla Games
Insomniac Games
Naughty Dog
Media Molecule
Sucker Punch Productions
Bluepoint Games
Bend Studio
Nixxes Software
Bungie

Exactly, like lets name the biggest games those studios made before they were acquired.

Guerrilla Games - Killzone (sony owned ip)

Insomniac - Ratchet and Clank (sony owned IP), Resistance (sony owned IP), Spyro

Naughty Dog - Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2, Crash Team Racing

Media Molecule - Little Big Planet (sony owned IP)

Sucker Punch - Sly Cooper, Infamous (both sony owned IP)

Bluepoint - remasters and remakes of exclusively owned playstation IP

Bend Studio - Syphon Filter (sony owned IP), Bubsy 3D

Bungie - Destiny (which is still multiplatform)

And by sony owned that means those games were completely funded and published by and for Playstation with Sony money. There’s a good chance most of these studios wouldn’t even exist right now if it weren’t for sony acquiring them much less making some of the best and most awarded games in the industry.

But yes, it’s completely the same thing as Microsoft buying Bethesda and Activision :mjlol:

Anyone that equates those studios to major publishers has to be slow or arguing in bad faith. Thats also completely ignoring Microsoft didn’t JUST start buying companies 5 years ago, they’ve been doing it since they entered the console market with Rare.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
By your logic they could have purchased Activision/Blizzard individually and it would have been just fine? That shyt don’t make any sense to a reasonable ear.
This is why I hate these back and forths with you in this sub forum. I literally said in this thread that if Microsoft planned on buying activision with no future plans of further acquisitions of more publishers, I'd be in support of the deal. We literally had this back and forth days ago in this thread.

:why:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Anyone that equates those studios to major publishers has to be slow or arguing in bad faith. Thats also completely ignoring Microsoft didn’t JUST start buying companies 5 years ago, they’ve been doing it since they entered the console market with Rare.
Legally, effectively there’s no difference.

The only difference is your feelings.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I've been consistent on both sides, you said I defend it on one side and not the other.

You think consolidation is the same regardless of the size of the deal because you're retarded.

Find a post of mine being against Microsoft acquiring a studio but defending sony doing the same.
Yo, I'm not crazy.. You and RNG post on neoGAF right? This isn't an exposal lol I just know I saw your usernames over there

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is why I hate these back and forths with you in this sub forum. I literally said in this thread that if Microsoft planned on buying activision with no future plans of further acquisitions of more publishers, I'd be in support of the deal. We literally had this back and forth days ago in this thread.

:why:
You can’t block this merger based on some future doom and gloom you made up in your head.

Microsoft could very well be done with large purchases like this one. There comes a point where too big exists. It wouldn’t be beneficial for them to have too many studios to manage.

Lots of info on their strategy came out in court. This purchase is about having a mobile presence. They aren’t just buying stuff to own more of the market. Each purchased is to fill a specific need. They could have/Would have been buying all types of more shyt if they just wanted to own everything.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You can’t block this merger based on some future doom and gloom you made up in your head.

Microsoft could very well be done with large purchases like this one. There comes a point where too big exists. It wouldn’t be beneficial for them to have too many studios to manage.

Lots of info on their strategy came out in court. This purchase is about having a mobile presence. They aren’t just buying stuff to own more of the market. Each purchased is to fill a specific need. They could have/Would have been buying all types of more shyt if they just wanted to own everything.
Yes, you can. The FTC has shyt arguments, but how in the hell can the FTC function without forecasting how mergers/acquisitions will affect the industry? They have to look at the future/past actions.

Sony has purchased publishers and devs since they entered the market and also said under oath they plan to do more.

Didn't answer the question, where has sony consolidated a "large" portion of the industry?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes, you can. The FTC has shyt arguments, but how in the hell can the FTC function without forecasting how mergers/acquisitions will affect the industry? They have to look at the future/past actions.
You can’t block a merger because a future merger might be problematic. That’s crazy. If that’s the case no merger should go through cause there’s always a chance a future merger COULD be bad.