Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Never denounced “capitalism” denounced xbox inability to produce compelling content on their own and them and their stans trying to make an argument about competition and now acting like they have law degrees, because they want to play crash bandicoot on gamepass :mjlol:
These are console warrior talking points though because you have no issue buying Spider-Man and Naughty Dog games…and Sony acquired those companies to compete. Did you have a problem with those acquisitions?

I know y’all down bad but the arguments ur trying to make against the deal are weak and inconsistent. Unbiased ppl have said this, industry analysts have said it, and now the courts are saying it.

So like I said before I’m not mad at Sony for shooting their shot but they’re about to be put on that Summer Jam screen.:yeshrug:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You don't have to vocally support them doing it, but you definitely haven't been speaking against as it's been happening the last few years.

I haven't seen you or anyone raise issue with Sony "organically acquiring devs and publishers."

Ive said over on this form that any of the big 3 that have proved they are in it for the long haul acquiring IPs and publishers I don't care about.

Amazon and Google and all them, nah keep them away. Idc who out of the big 3 buys it before them.

Consolidation is how the markets work now.

I don't know why gamers think that the gaming market will and could be different and buck market trends.

Meanwhile every month we got someone posting about how games aren't as good as they use to be.
That's because you see what you wanna see. You can find me in threads about the rumored Square Enix acquisition arguing with sony stans against that deal. I'm against large consolidations in any industry, but especially the tech industry.

You can act like you wouldn't have a problem with sony and nintendo buying huge portions of the industry, but I think you're full of shyt. That's easy to say when you know neither of those companies could do that even if they wanted.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's because you see what you wanna see. You can find me in threads about the rumored Square Enix acquisition arguing with sony stans against that deal. I'm against large consolidations in any industry, but especially the tech industry.

You can act like you wouldn't have a problem with sony and nintendo buying huge portions of the industry, but I think you're full of shyt. That's easy to say when you know neither of those companies could do that even if they wanted.

Well said. Thats why even when I disagree with you i still have to respect it becuase you’re at least consistent

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is where y'all get caught up at, my man consolidation is consolidation. It doesn't matter if its one at a time or 10 at a time.

If it was anyone but these trillion-dollar companies competing to get in the gaming space, Sony would have it absolutely locked up with.
So you’re telling me 20 purchases over 25 years is the same thing as 20 at the same time?

We’ll agree to disagree on that, cause I do not agree.

Let’s keep it movin’

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You laughing but its facts. Tencent has been know to dictate to creators what they want in games and to remove black characters. fukk them. Yall so blind behind this fanboy yall just pick and choose.
Tencent does not make consoles.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Nah, just because you not for Sony buying up select bigger publishers doesn't change the fact that you appear to be a ok with consolidation and what they have consolidated up until this point.

If you were truly against consolidation you'd speak on it everytime they acquired anything and you want them and MS to break up what they have now.

The last part of you paragraph shows just how cloudy of a preservative you have Sony already has embraced and has said they will continue to acquire and set money aside to do so.

But I guess if it's a bunch of mid size acquisitions then it's all good.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Never denounced “capitalism” denounced xbox inability to produce compelling content on their own and them and their stans trying to make an argument about competition and now acting like they have law degrees, because they want to play crash bandicoot on gamepass :mjlol:
All of these companies were purchased by Sony. None of them were studios Sony themselves founded. Is the argument that companies shouldn't purchase other companies to acquire and develop content or it it the scale at which Microsoft does it?
Guerrilla Games
Insomniac Games
Naughty Dog
Media Molecule
Sucker Punch Productions
Bluepoint Games
Bend Studio
Nixxes Software
Bungie

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
All of these companies were purchased by Sony. None of them were studios Sony themselves founded. Is the argument that companies shouldn't purchase other companies to acquire and develop content or it it the scale at which Microsoft does it?
Guerrilla Games
Insomniac Games
Naughty Dog
Media Molecule
Sucker Punch Productions
Bluepoint Games
Bend Studio
Nixxes Software
Bungie
People just be saying shyt sony literally bought one of thr biggest publishers to get into gaming as well, they all purchase studios and ips.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nah, just because you not for Sony buying up select bigger publishers doesn't change the fact that you appear to be a ok with consolidation and what they have consolidated up until this point.

If you were truly against consolidation you'd speak on it everytime they acquired anything and you want them and MS to break up what they have now.

The last part of you paragraph shows just how cloudy of a preservative you have Sony already has embraced and has said they will continue to acquire and set money aside to do so.

But I guess if it's a bunch of mid size acquisitions then it's all good.
You're literally full of shyt breh, you keep trying to paint me as some sony stan to avoid engaging with my argument. I literally said I'm against "Big" tech mergers. Point to a single time I had a problem with microsoft buying a smaller studio since you think I'm biased towards sony.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There’s nothing anti-competitive about this specific deal.

Any criticism of the deal comes from outside, future doom and gloom, slippery slope, ideology stuff.

That’s why the FTC case got clapped up in court. They have nothing to stand on. As the judge said, they already got some great concessions and commitments that actually make the deal beneficial for consumers, so what’s the fight about at this point?

Just ideological, political nonsense like our government always gets caught up in, instead of solution based legislation.

If the FTC wants to block mergers just cause they are “big” then they need to fight to change the laws, not keep running to court to waste money and get clapped up as soon as they can’t force the law to fit their ideology.

Any of you on here still bellyaching about the deal it’s just console wars, or blank ideology. Thats on you. The #shambles will eventually subside, and you will be just fine.:cheers:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Guerrilla Games
Insomniac Games
Naughty Dog
Media Molecule
Sucker Punch Productions
Bluepoint Games
Bend Studio
Nixxes Software
Bungie

Did you see anyone complain when microsoft bought

• Ninja Theory
  • Doublefine
  • InXile
  • Doublefine
  • Undead Labs
  • Compulsion
  • Obsidian
  • Mojang
  • etc.
Since 2018? Like no shyt it’s because of the size of the acqusition its the largest 3rd party publisher on the market. No one even made a fuss about Zenimax which was twice the size of anything sony has bought. The studios they bought before would be the equivalent to what sony has done which is why no one questioned it. This is obviously different.

The biggest games in those studios libraries came from after sony purchased them or were funded entirely by Sony beforehand. You can’t make the same argument for any studio Microsoft has bought

But yall are gonna continue to play dumb and act like anyone had a problem with microsoft going on a buying spree for the past 10 years. Just say you are on the other stan side and shut up :smh: