Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sounds good until your paying 20-30 a month.
$20 a month is the price of 3.5 $70 games so if they return that in value to you over a year not a bad deal. For a lot of people CoD guarantees one $70 game's worth of value to they just need 2.5 more.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I don’t think you can block this merger cause they might want another merger later. But you can argue that this merger would give them too much power over the market.

Personally I don't think it does give them too much power, but i think a compelling argument could have been made to that effect.
I don't.

1. Microsoft doesn't have the market share to harm consumer via price movement. Period.
2. COD is not the 10-foot giant Sony is making it out to be. It's a popular game series, sure. But it's not even the most popular title in it's broad genre of shooters (Fortnite), let alone across the medium.
3. As the Judge argued in her thought exercise, Sony CAN create a market competitor for COD; it's not like COD has anything essential patented or copyrighted. Multiplayer juggernauts come and go in gaming. Street Fighter II, Halo, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, whatever. The market moves on eventually. Sony can still compete against COD absent the title on their platforms.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
$20 a month is the price of 3.5 $70 games so if they return that in value to you over a year not a bad deal. For a lot of people CoD guarantees one $70 game's worth of value to they just need 2.5 more.
Y’all forgetting gold is included, plus cloud streaming, discounts, etc.

For the basic subscription it’s only $10 a month. No way you can’t find $10 worth of value a month. Even if they moved basic to like $15-18 it would still be a good deal

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Damn, last couple of pages have been fairly cordial with each side taking time to look at this from both sides.

:salute:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
So...you're saying, instead of buying the studios, poach all of the talent from all the studios?:francis::mjlol:
Yea... Cause you don't get their IP... So it forces you to.... I don't know... Make your own fukking games, while the studio still has their IP to... I don't know... Keep making their own fukking games...

Then like magic.. You have two studios make multiple games instead of one making the same game that was just made elsewhere

Shocking

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Fzve0ChagAEIcac
Amen to this... This is what I was saying before. All games for all systems would be better for all consumers

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So because it’s “videogames” there should be no oversight

:mjlol:

Hold on “based-politics”? Where do y’all be finding this shyt

Nah, this is a serious question. Because I went to their home page, and THIS is the very next article I see after that one. :mjpls:

Sometimes it’s good to discriminate

Some of these brehs gotta do some real soul searching if bullshyt like this is what they're digging up to defend their preferred video game company on the internet.

Last edited: