Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
But a billion dollar company can starve out everyone else :mjlol:

Sony has been in business along side nintendo for 25 years, no one was starved out. Phil Spencer said it himself.

oprah-winfrey-so-what-is-the-truth.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bc MS has T's not M's, or B's.

Different levels of wealth comes with different expectations .

I get the idea of scrutinizing the deal cause so much money is involved. But it seems their whole angle was making sure sony gets to keep COD. Even the judge had to redirect them a couple times to talk about protecting consumers, not sony.

I think they may have had a compelling argument if they really hammered on the cloud stuff. It’s a big IF but IF cloud gaming really pops, microsoft WILL have an insurmountable advantage there, and that’s without even buying activision.

Also they never once mentioned microsoft using the extra revenue to withhold other content.

If microsoft owns Activison, COD being one of the single biggest money makers on Playstation then the more successful sony is at selling PS5s the more revenue microsoft gets which they can use for moneyhats or development of exclusive games.

Microsoft will be in control of LOTS of revenue which they could use to harm competition on other ways.

These sound like much more compelling arguments than “omg they are gonna withhold exclusive skins from sony:damn:

Obviously i want the deal to go through, but IDK what the fukk these regulators are thinking in court. Their shyt has been flimsy as fukk:smh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
No they don’t

No it isn’t

We’ve seen others in the industry be much more aggressive with raising prices.

Game Pass requires a infrastructure to store and run games. Microsoft owns the #2 cloud platform. Game Pass infrastructure and development costs for Xbox are likely shared for PC Game Pass. PC Game Pass is growing faster than Xbox Game Pass as there are less Xbox owners.

Do Nintendo or Sony have the resources to compete with Game Pass at a cheaper cost? Or maybe Nintendo and Sony should release their games day 1 on Microsoft Windows PCs.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Game Pass requires a infrastructure to store and run games. Microsoft owns the #2 cloud platform. Game Pass infrastructure and development costs for Xbox are likely shared for PC Game Pass. PC Game Pass is growing faster than Xbox Game Pass as there are less Xbox owners.

Do Nintendo or Sony have the resources to compete with Game Pass at a cheaper cost? Or maybe Nintendo and Sony should release their games day 1 on Microsoft Windows PCs.
Gamepass doesn’t use any more servers than digital games would.

Sony does have a cloud system in place. But i do agree microsoft is in a unique position with regard to cloud to control and dominate that market if it ever takes off.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Sega failed because Sega kept making failed systems

Nintendo let they stuff play out

sega had i think 8 systems + game gear and nomad in the 90's

Nintendo so far has made 8 home consoles i think from the 80s until now
not including handhelds expect the switch lite is part of the switch eco system

just 8

I mean damn 8 Sega was already on 8 in the end of the 90's alone

if sega was still making consoles they proably be on number 16 at the rate they were going back then

Last edited: