Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really want it to be good because it looks like an amazing game, but I can’t imagine the emotions these hardcore Xbox stans are gonna go through if Starfield is anything below great, I have literally never seen such a huge gamer base hang off the hype of one game the way they have on Starfield lol
Personally I'm not really looking forward to starfield.

I know I'll be bored after like 4 hours lol.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Ding ding ding

Guys spent years hyping up third party exclusives, times exclusives, and general money hatting and now they seem upset when the inevitable happens
I don't see how this is a talking point when MS engaged in the same exact policies as Sony. They still do to this day. Hell, they even innovated some of them. Who had the CoD deal before Sony? MS. It's a lie to frame this as some kind of revenge when it's about pushing out competition, cornering another market and supplying game pass.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Personally I'm not really looking forward to starfield.

I know I'll be bored after like 4 hours lol.

cap-big-funny-prank-ellen-ixm7fqp9mwmg17rh.gif

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They need consistent "owned" content that they can't get locked out of. Especially in the Japanese area.

I'm ok with MS competing with Sony and Nintendo yes. I don't want anyone entity to control the majority of a space. Which currently Sony does.

I'm curious is to what you think MS could do realistically to make it so that they can compete in the market on going? To keep it feasible, let's say what could they do so that half of the people that have a playstation world wide would also have own a Xbox or gamepass?

Japan UK USA, world wide...

do you think that if they released a smash hit game every year people would own all three system in a decade?

This is with Sony continuing to block, lock up and stop 3rd party games.
I agree with everything you said in your reply to me. No argument

To answer this though, I can imagine if MS bothered to care the last two systems, they wouldn’t be in this position in the first place. And if they spent 60 billion on their own studio to hire talent, produce games and improve their system… then yes, they could easily beat out Sony. They already did it before with 360. They were innovating every step of the way. New tech, new IP, best quality of 3rd party games.

They dropped the ball with every system since. Completely fukked over their gaming divisions with horrible output and games. And are making it up by saying “fukk it, let’s just outspend them and take all their games in”

Not even on no fanboy shyt. But Sony and Nintendo showed you for decades how to keep a gaming company on top. Don’t tell me this is the only way

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

To answer this though, I can imagine if MS bothered to care the last two systems, they wouldn’t be in this position in the first place. And if they spent 60 billion on their own studio to hire talent, produce games and improve their system… then yes, they could easily beat out Sony. They already did it before with 360. They were innovating every step of the way. New tech, new IP, best quality of 3rd party games.

They dropped the ball with every system since. Completely fukked over their gaming divisions with horrible output and games. And are making it up by saying “fukk it, let’s just outspend them and take all their games in”

Not even on no fanboy shyt. But Sony and Nintendo showed you for decades how to keep a gaming company on top. Don’t tell me this is the only way
MS would need like 5 Halo 1 killer apps in a generation to even attempt to overcome Sony's market and mind share, along with the Mario and Zelda empire, strictly off "making good games". How many groundbreaking games of that stature are left to make? How many people of that talent level are out there and available? Miyamoto is basically the GOAT, and it still took Nintendo decades (and a TON of dirty plays) to flip his genius into what they have now.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

100% correct