Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
0aJogmK.jpg

Is that what you're defending breh? :mjlol:
did you cry in the late 90s/early 2000s when Sony bought all the publishers so they couldnt make games on Sega/Nintendo :ld: of course not, because you are a fukking retard

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Idiots was really talking bout "but this is better for consumers."

When in the fukk has everything being under one roof EVER been better for consumers? Look at how much shytty gaming is now with the big 3 as to compared when we had 5-6-7 systems available at once. shyt been stagnated for a decade.

And again... Why are these execs so fukking dumb? You say 10 years, then sign this deal and do all the deals for 10 years.... Then say "Hey we'll make the games forever!"

Nah... no you won't
Dis nikka had Sega Saturn
A PlayStation 2
A Nintendo 64
Atari Jaguar
a Nero Gero from China
TG-16 portable to watch TV on
Commadore 64

And each one of those systems heavily influenced each other :whew:

Maaaan:stopitslime:datory!!!

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
did you cry in the late 90s/early 2000s when Sony bought all the publishers so they couldnt make games on Sega/Nintendo :ld: of course not, because you are a fukking retard
What kind of question is this? :what:

My average age during that period was 10. I don't mind doing a little bit of research to see their activity during that period.

Bend Studio - Bought in 2000
Naughty Dog - Bought in 2001
Incognito Entertainment - Bought in 2002

Do any of those studios compare to Activision? Collectively, do they compare to Activision?

(If there are more studios between 1997 and 2003, let me know, likewise if the time period should be expanded to take into any acquisition you feel has significance).

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Dis nikka had Sega Saturn
A PlayStation 2
A Nintendo 64
Atari Jaguar
a Nero Gero from China
TG-16 portable to watch TV on
Commadore 64

And each one of those systems heavily influenced each other :whew:

Maaaan:stopitslime:datory!!!
Do you need to have them all to breed competition :ohhh:

No you don't.... And how you leave off Dreamcast you uncultured son of a bytch!

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
There was never a BIG 5 6 or 7. It was always 2 or 3 tops.
Sega Nintendo and playstation. Then Sega fell away and Xbox rose up...

Unless you trying to include stuff like Atari, neo geo, intellivision and turbo graphics 16 but they aren't close to relevant on a worldwide console scale and where a afterthought to most people if they even knew about them.

And the this faux consolidation where everything is up for sell but sony just gate keeps everything with its marketcap is worse than nintendo, sony or MS just owning these IP's. Instead Sony over here trying to stop MS, while Tencent and other random powerhouse making deals. But hey they literally don't care because they rather a IP be loss forever potentially then it going an actual current threat.

Sony been moving like they are the only one and that doesn't get better until MS snatches up some marketcap, and that doesn't happen until they can have more IP's on their platform, which Sony actively makes almost impossible or overtly costly. Which means the next step is just outright buying these IP's.

If MS intended to do what you said they would have done it with Mine craft. They could have forced MILLIONS of people into the xbox ecosystem. There are titles that just are suited better for and make more money on all platforms. COD is one of them. It's established free money from your competitor, it would be dumb to do it any other way.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Starfield be multi platform years down the line.
This doesn't even make sense... "There was only 3... Unless you want to include the other ones that make it the exact number you said...."

Yes... More competition, even from smaller companies, breeds more innovation. Look at sports games... Used to have 10 games in every sport and constant innovation... Madden, 2k and fifa take over and we got the same game for 10 years straight... This is the reason the US illegalized monolopies in the first place.. It destroys innovation and leaves all the consumers under the mercy of one person's profit margin. Remember when 2k came out and sold for $19.99 instead of $60... EA fukking sued them they was so pissed off.. Cause it proved none of these shyts had to be $60, let alone every single one of them...

If Sega was announcing the Dreamcast 2 tomorrow, Sony and MS would be over there stealing ideas and trying to outdo them... Instead of trying to fukk each other out of companies so they can hoard everything under one roof and compete with nobody but their shareholders

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

My average age during that period was 10. I don't mind doing a little bit of research to see their activity during that period.

Do any of those studios compare to Activision? Collectively, do they compare to Activision?

(If there are more studios between 1997 and 2003, let me know, likewise if the time period should be expanded to take into any acquisition you feel has significance).
:usure:
Do you need to have them all to breed competition :ohhh:

No you don't.... And how you leave off Dreamcast you uncultured son of a bytch!
The point my dunce capped friend is there was never a big 5-6-7, I said Sega Saturn. Your comment was a reach and you mad I didn't reach enough (pause) in my reply :stop:
This doesn't even make sense... "There was only 3... Unless you want to include the other ones that make it the exact number you said...."

Yes... More competition, even from smaller companies, breeds more innovation. Look at sports games... Used to have 10 games in every sport and constant innovation... Madden, 2k and fifa take over and we got the same game for 10 years straight... This is the reason the US illegalized monolopies in the first place.. It destroys innovation and leaves all the consumers under the mercy of one person's profit margin. Remember when 2k came out and sold for $19.99 instead of $60... EA fukking sued them they was so pissed off.. Cause it proved none of these shyts had to be $60, let alone every single one of them...

If Sega was announcing the Dreamcast 2 tomorrow, Sony and MS would be over there stealing ideas and trying to outdo them... Instead of trying to fukk each other out of companies so they can hoard everything under one roof and compete with nobody but their shareholders
So when was there ever all these great sports games at once? Yeah, The NFL went full retard and that changes in 2yrs. Anyone can make basketball/etc 1st party can still make a game which is the only competition EA faced after the 16bit era. Konami makes awesome sports games but not anymore. Tecmo? The real problem is the mentality of the majority aka Sony fans. Gamepass has trash you say but I argue it has the innovation you can't recreate in an AAA BUDGETED TITLE. I love me some speedrunners, not interested in a 3D version nah mean

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Yea, you was a cry baby bytch then and still a cry baby bytch now

Why are you comparing the companies success? Thats not the point I laid out for you. But this is also why I called you a retard. You lack understanding of even simple subjects.

The point, retard, was that Sony used this same philosophy (buy out competitors) in the late 90s/early 2000s.

100% of games produced on Sony are from bought out developers, publishers and studios.

You are also too stupid to understand that if Sony had the money, they would of also bid on Activision. But they dont, and thats why we are here.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When in the fukk has everything being under one roof EVER been better for consumers? Look at how much shytty gaming is now with the big 3 as to compared when we had 5-6-7 systems available at once. shyt been stagnated for a decade.

You said things was better when there was more systems out at once :dahell: I said there was never that many at once it's always been the big two or 3. All those other consoles basically had ports of arcade games, and if you want to include things like that then you can include things like steam deck and VR gaming consoles currently.

MS buying up publisher is the very competition you are seeking. There is no scenario where some average sized ( or mega) company comes along and drops something so profound it shakes up Sonys playstation sector, at best sony likes what they see and then implement it there own plans per usual and smoothers that company out the game.

Sony doesn't care if tencent or amazon or google buys up IP's because they don't understand the gaming market, and they aren't willing to lose billions long term to just get settled enough to start making money.

Sony does care about MS buying publishers because they have been in the console market for 2 decades now have a huge war chest and know gaming.
I'm not even mad at Sony, they are doing what companies are suppose to do, I'm not blind tho and I understand really well how the marco for these businesses works. I do think they are the most anti consumer of the 3 with nintendo in a close 2nd but that's capitalism for you.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Why are you comparing the companies success? Thats not the point I laid out for you. But this is also why I called you a retard. You lack understanding of even simple subjects.

The point, retard, was that Sony used this same philosophy (buy out competitors) in the late 90s/early 2000s.

100% of games produced on Sony are from bought out developers, publishers and studios.

You are also too stupid to understand that if Sony had the money, they would of also bid on Activision. But they dont, and thats why we are here.
Being insulting and aggressive doesn't cover up the fact that you're wrong, you woman beating tool.

Last edited:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps

Are you too much of a retard to realise why I put the question to you?

In and of itself, acquiring companies is not prohibited. What's prohibited is acquisitions that restrict competition and/or result in monopolies. When making an assessment on whether those outcomes will occur, you have to look at the size of the companies acquired. That is why I put the question to you.

The fact of the matter is Sony is not, how did Phil put it, in the "unique position of being able to spend out" the competition. Microsoft is and they are abusing that position, which is why they're on the wrong side of Antitrust laws and being questioned.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Are you too much of a retard to realise why I put the question to you?

In and of itself, acquiring companies is not prohibited. What's prohibited is acquisitions that restrict competition and/or result in monopolies. When making an assessment on whether those outcomes will occur, you have to look at the size of the companies acquired. That is why I put the question to you.

The fact of the matter is Sony is not, how did Phil put it, in the "unique position of being able to spend out" the competition. Microsoft is and they are abusing that position, which is why they're on the wrong side of Antitrust laws and being questioned.
That email was 4 years ago. Sony is in a much different position than they were then. Same goes for Xbox.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
You said things was better when there was more systems out at once :dahell: I said there was never that many at once it's always been the big two or 3. All those other consoles basically had ports of arcade games, and if you want to include things like that then you can include things like steam deck and VR gaming consoles currently.

MS buying up publisher is the very competition you are seeking. There is no scenario where some average sized ( or mega) company comes along and drops something so profound it shakes up Sonys playstation sector, at best sony likes what they see and then implement it there own plans per usual and smoothers that company out the game.

Sony doesn't care if tencent or amazon or google buys up IP's because they don't understand the gaming market, and they aren't willing to lose billions long term to just get settled enough to start making money.

Sony does care about MS buying publishers because they have been in the console market for 2 decades now have a huge war chest and know gaming.
I'm not even mad at Sony, they are doing what companies are suppose to do, I'm not blind tho and I understand really well how the marco for these businesses works. I do think they are the most anti consumer of the 3 with nintendo in a close 2nd but that's capitalism for you.
Yea I’m including all that. I never not have. And it’s why we got way more innovation then compared to now.

No buying up publishers is not any competition when the end goal in MS own words is to rid the world of their competition by doing so. They don’t even agree with you so this is a weird take

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea I’m including all that. I never not have. And it’s why we got way more innovation then compared to now.

No buying up publishers is not any competition when the end goal in MS own words is to rid the world of their competition by doing so. They don’t even agree with you so this is a weird take
Exactly they don't, and I use the term "buying up" loosely.

They really only need 2 or 3 in japan and ABK and like 1 or 2 more in general and they are good as long as everyone can produce quality content. I guess that's why I don't see this doomday scenario yall see. MS isn't going to just keep buying up publisher to keep them out of other people's hands. That would be silly. They also aren't likely to spend money to just block games from competitors as that would be a waste to for the direction they are going. Once they have a solid front line, second line and 3rd string their focus should shift drastically. Right now they need to have enough to support gamepass, and potentially mobile if the deals goes through.

Daps
Exactly they don't, and I use the term "buying up" loosely.

They really only need 2 or 3 in japan and ABK and like 1 or 2 more in general and they are good as long as everyone can produce quality content. I guess that's why I don't see this doomday scenario yall see. MS isn't going to just keep buying up publisher to keep them out of other people's hands. That would be silly. They also aren't likely to spend money to just block games from competitors as that would be a waste to for the direction they are going. Once they have a solid front line, second line and 3rd string their focus should shift drastically. Right now they need to have enough to support gamepass, and potentially mobile if the deals goes through.
Lol this guy :mjlol:

You think Microsoft was paying this nikka