Mickey Rourke criticizes 'irrelevant' Tom Cruise for playing the 'same F*CKING part for 35 years'

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Alright fukk it you got me im just not a fan of this nikka :russ: didn't see any top guns, only the first mission impossible as a lil kid, and edge of tomorrow was fukkin booty cheeks imo. I don't blame that on Cruise though, the premise to me was just stupid.

With that said my bias has been exposed so I can't even speak on the subject objectively but honestly I just don't see Cruise being a good Wick. For an action star, he comes off so p*ssy I can not see him selling the role of John Wick properly, let alone how Reeves does it

Go see the new top gun breh

In Dolby or imax

If you action junkie

You missing out

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Did you know Mickey was supposed to be the Beverly Hills Cop, not Eddie? Same with Highlander, The Untouchables, Rain Man and other roles that were made with him in mind including (allegedly)....

Top Gun

Real interesting cat though.

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The middle ground between an "artist's artist" like Mickey Rourke and a superstar like Tom Cruise is Idris Elba. His philosophy is "you do one for them, you do one for you". That's why the guy who plays Heimdall and Janek is also Stringer Bell and the Commandant in Beasts of No Nation.

Idris Elba and the Painful Truth of Acting
Real nikkas don't fukk with post-90s Mickey Rourke. Dude is beyond washed, like them plastic surgery bytches who were fine AF at 20, but kept getting procedures into their 40s and look like the Cat Lady. Rourke is that woman. He's beyond washed. He's an alien. I saw him up close in person in Bryant Park around 2009 at NY Fashion week with two random Russian hoes on his arms, so I know what I'm talking about. He's lucky he got cast in that latest Polanski movie, for real. Polanski's genius rapist ass had to settle. :deadrose:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Real nikkas don't fukk with post-90s Mickey Rourke. Dude is beyond washed, like them plastic surgery bytches who were fine AF at 20, but kept getting procedures into their 40s and look like the Cat Lady. Rourke is that woman. He's beyond washed. He's an alien. I saw him up close in person in Bryant Park around 2009 at NY Fashion week with two random Russian hoes on his arms, so I know what I'm talking about. He's lucky he got cast in that latest Polanski movie, for real. Polanski's genius rapist ass had to settle. :deadrose:
Chill breh my man just wanted his bird.

tumblr_mjiv5iSX2R1qg72ijo3_250.gifv

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
We got Tom Cruise stans on the coli :dahell:

I really wanna know the cac acceptance screening going on around this muthafukka cuz while I have nothing strongly against him, I always looked at him as the weirdo scientology cac that does those corny mission impossible movies. Again, I have nothing against the man, but some of y'all going to bat for him like he Keanu Reeves or something. Which brings me to my final take.

Keanu Reeves >> Tom Cruise :sas2:

EDIT: this man above me just said Denzel plays the same role every movie... Y'all think coli be trippin when they toss around that c00n word but this is a prime example. To shyt on our legend to big up Tom fukkin Cruise is unbelievable. Especially when it can't be further from the truth. You can look at Denzel's roles in even just the past 10 years and see that.
was with you til you said keanu lmao he might arguably be the worst actor to ever achieve the level of fame that he did

anyway tom is proof of how important it is to pick the right films and roles for you. he's def the same type of guy in everything but his film selection game is immaculate. don't think I've ever seen a straight up bad tom cruise movie

and on the other hand you got will smith who many would say is a better actor but he is the absolute woat at picking projects

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps

He caught a second wind in the 2000's. Sin City and The Wrestler were great. He had the Iron Man 2 role too. He is washed now though lol.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
What??? Keanu Reeves is definitely not better than Tom Cruise. Keanu Reeves can't act, he always gets carried by the movie.

Like we won't compare him to pauly shore, steven seagal, tommy wiseau and all those who can't even be qualified as the actors. But as far as someone who's legitimately in the Hollywood, Keanu Reeves gotta be one of the worst.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

This is Mickey doing press for the Pope of Greenwich Village in 1984.

Hes always felt that way about popcorn movies even at the top of his game. The message is consistant.

Hes always been an actor's actor. It's a shame his refusal to be political forced him to do all those bad roles to pay bills. Hes one of the best of his generation. There's a reason Sean Penn and Brad Pitt cite him as a massive influence.

Cruise played the game and got what he wanted. To be a superstar and make huge blockbuster pictures. Mickey contextualized it correctly.

Cruise isn't someone whos talented in or respectful of the craft so hes not relevant to what Mickey values in acting. Cruise's popularity is proof that while hes done some great works, his primary concern lies with shallow, easily accessible seat fillers.

Cruise fans more so than acting fans are taking issue with his views. That being said, Mickey's bitterness is evident here for name dropping Cruise specifically.

A great actor shouldn't have to throw others under the bus to prove his talent. That's why it's hating. Let the talent speak for itself.