Michael Smith (ESPN): It takes a Real Man to admit his wife is the Handyman of the house

---

Superstar
Daps

---

Superstar
Daps
Michael Smith is a wealthy (almost guaranteed multi millionare) sports journalist and commentator and media entreprenuer it would be almost counter productive for him you to be a handyman. His father is a preacher. Those professions arent for skilled labor/tradesman generally.

Gary V the marketing entreprenuer worth millions causally stated he cant hang a picture up. He knows hot do buisness and pay someone to do it.

Time is money. Attention is finite.
Why waste it learning how to repair your toilet or clear a P Trap.

And yall new nikkas have the NEW INVENTION OF YOUTUBE REPAIR TUTORIALS THAT WERE NOT AROUND WHEN Michael Smith the GenXr was young. Way harder to be handy before the late 2010s because of no YouTube tutorials.

and also if you are a native Black American you are almost guaranteed to not be a tradesman or even a handyman without YouTube. Because of statistical and social/historical facts of occupations and urban living environment.

Wealth has nothing to do with it. I went on retreats when I was working at a hedge fund all the time. Some of those guys were way wealthier than Michael maybe not Gary but still extremely wealthy.

Everyone one of them was a handyman and damn near everyone in the group could hunt and kill and skin damn near any animal that was legal to hunt. I grew up on a farm for a few years so being handy was called for. Just no excuse to be so dependent on another human being to get things done!

But will say this any functioning adult should be able to build and fix things in their environment men or women.

Last edited:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I learned to push a lawnmower, pull weeds, and work around the house from my grandmother. I'm not about to down somebody if they didn't have anyone to teach these skills or if they don't know anyone who can.

I didn't watch the video but he should at least try to learn from his girl while she's doing work. Let her relax and you try it. You will learn something new and she will be happy.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Wealth has nothing to do with it. I went on retreats when I was working at a hedge fund all the time. Some of those guys were way wealthier than Michael maybe not Gary but still extremely wealthy.

Everyone one of them was a handyman and damn near everyone in the group ould hunt and kill and skin damn near any animal that was legal to hunt. I grew up on a farm for a few years so being handy was called for.

But will say this any functioning adult should be able to build and fix things in their environment men or women.
Right. I been working around sr engineers, VP’s, directors, etc who all had wealth and all of them could handle their own when it came to handy shyt. Most of them hunted, and had hunting camps in the woods. These dudes that don’t wanna do anything outside of work just lazy.

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh my wife is better at stuff like that. She's into art and visual stuff in general. Her brain just works like that.

I don't feel any shame

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
If you're not the real man in your house, for damn sure you're not the real man in your wife :sas2:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:scust: Just put together my son's bed, put together out bed the day before. Imagine me asking my wife to do that. Scust. :picard:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ehh my wife is better at stuff like that. She's into art and visual stuff in general. Her brain just works like that.

I don't feel any shame

That's different than handyman shyt.

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's different than handyman shyt.

Naw I mean handyman stuff too. Just in general she is a visual learner. Her father was an aircraft engineer , that's just how their brains work.

I can do basic stuff but she's just much better and faster . It is what it is. I'd rather have my wife bring something like that to the table