Michael Smith (ESPN): It takes a Real Man to admit his wife is the Handyman of the house

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Michael Smith is a wealthy (almost guaranteed multi millionare edit:ESPN contract was 10 million for 4 years) sports journalist and commentator and media entreprenuer it would be almost counter productive for him you to be a handyman. His father is a preacher. Those professions arent for skilled labor/tradesman generally.

Gary V the marketing entreprenuer worth millions causally stated he cant hang a picture up. He knows hot do buisness and pay someone to do it.

Time is money. Attention is finite.
Why waste it learning how to repair your toilet or clear a P Trap.

And yall new nikkas have the NEW INVENTION OF YOUTUBE REPAIR TUTORIALS THAT WERE NOT AROUND WHEN Michael Smith the GenXr was young. Way harder to be handy before the late 2010s because of no YouTube tutorials.

and also if you are native Black American you are almost guaranteed to not be a tradesman or even handyman without YouTube. Because of statistical and social/historical fact of occupations and urban living environment.

Last edited:

Asicz

Daps
A lot of these nikkas was raised by women bro, the amount of comments I've seen on here from men who are :hhh: at the idea of doing any work that requires real labor is pitiful. A bunch of sissies.
Micheal Smith is wealthy came up black Middle Class with a father.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

6:30

"I could assemble Toys. But fixing anything else. HELL NAH"
"My wife was using a power drill, and I had no idea what she was doing"
Then he doubles down... "Ain't no gender roles in my household!!!" :mjlol:

Damn, this is the generation we're in where the Wives/Girlfriends are more mechanically inclined than the Men of the house :hhh::mjtf:

:yeshrug: I mean my mom was always more handy than my dad and she never seemed to hold it against him. In fact, I'd say she like putting shyt together so it wasn't anything she held against him. I mean car shyt of course we were better at, but shyt like putting beds and desk or chairs together she just had a knack for it.

Daps
tenor.gif

Asicz

Daps
:yeshrug: I mean my mom was always more handy than my dad and she never seemed to hold it against him. In fact, I'd say she like putting shyt together so it wasn't anything she held against him. I mean car shyt of course we were better at, but shyt like putting beds and desk or chairs together she just had a knack for it.
I feel like a lot of Black women are handy as fukk just on some DIY fun shyt/ practicality/independence/ necessity

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Michael Smith is a wealthy (almost guaranteed multi millionare) sports journalist and commentator and media wntreprenuert it would be almost counter productive for him you to be a handyman. His father is preacher. Those professions arent for skilled labor/tradesman generally.

Gary V the marketing entreprenuer worth millions causally stated he cant hang a picture up. He knows hot do buisness and pay someone to do it.

Time is money. Attention is finite.
Why waste it learning how to repair your toilet or clear a P Trap.

And yall new nikkas have the NEW INVENTION OF YOUTUBE REPAIR TUTORIALS THAT WERE NOT AROUND WHEN Michael Smith the GenXr was young. Way harder to be handy before the late 2010s becuase of no YouTube tutorials.

and also if you are native Black American yiu are almost guaranteed to not be a tradesman or even handyman without YouTube. because of statistical and historical fact of occupations and urban living environment.
So why would his wife be doing it if that’s the case?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I feel like a lot of Black women are handy as fukk just on some DIY fun shyt/ practicality/independence/ necessity

I agree. My moms was the oldest out of all her brothers and sisters growing up and she just generally has a knack for that kinda shyt. That doesn't have anything to do with being a man or not. It's not like we are talking about her painting the house or cutting grass which she never even attempted. but shyt like putting together a tv stand or a dresser or a shelf. :yeshrug: She knew how to do it.

Asicz

Daps
So why would his wife be doing it if that’s the case?
Whether his woman does handystuff is irrelevant because Micheals Smith can PAY a handyman. His lifetime time and energy/effort is devoted to EARNING INCOME/.
He earns a high income in large part due to having a good father who was preacher in New Orleans/valuing education. NOT BY FIXING the rattling noise in toilets or caulking the bathroom etc.

He can pay someone to fix the toilet install a Flat screen on the wall, hang a picture etc.

Asicz

Daps
Fixing shyt is fun in the end(not easy). It's fulfilling to identify an issue and rectify it yourself. He missing out.
Know what bomani Jones another High earrning ESPN employee sports journalist/ show host (present) just leanred to do donhand repair on his toilet running and was fweling himself lol. But that was only through quaratine time off.

High earning educated men in media dont generally have the time tho. They are busy chasing the BAG. I cant hold it against them if they can't fix certain things.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Whether his woman does handystuff is irrelevant because Micheals Smith can PAY a handyman. His lifetime time and energy/effort is devoted to EARNING INCOME/.
He earns a high income in large part due to having a good father who was preacher in New Orleans/valuing education. NOT BY FIXING the rattling noise in toilets or caulking the bathroom etc.

He can pay someone to fix the toilet install a Flat screen on the wall, hang a picture etc.
What does that have to do with him not adapting to gender roles and not doing handyman stuff around his home but his WIFE does? How much he makes has nothing to do with what he said.

just trying to understand why you brought those points up.