Michael Jackson wasn’t impressed by the neptunes .. He wanted the super thug sound instead.....

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Mike choosing not to work with the Neptunes was a big miss opportunity...It’s not like Mike needed them and the Neptunes we’re the hottest production team in the game at that time without Mike but that Neptune sound with MJ’s vocals was a perfect marriage.

Imagine how Mike would sound over something like Wait A Minute produced for Ray J?

Or if they wanted to do something slower, chill/softer.

What could’ve been :wow:

Should've been MJ :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
1*6jG4kAI_denBjo-QaTO-aw.jpeg

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh, I swear I was going to make this thread yesterday. Janet Jackson passed on “Slave 4 U” and Michael Jackson passed on all the Neptune’s tracks on Usher’s 8701 and Justin Timberlake’s Justified. The only Janet Jackson Neptune’s produced track was “Feel It Boy” with Beenie Man”

Can you imagine how history would’ve changed completely if they both worked with the Neptune’s? That Invincible Album would’ve gone diamond. Michael could still be alive. Janet’s nipple would’ve still never seen the light of day. That CAC Justin’s career would’ve flopped.

shyt is crazy. Michael’s management ain’t shyt.

At that stage, Michael could definitely supersede any management, label, or production directions. The way he went with that album was his choice, as evidenced by the OP.

It's hard to be an established superstar, and try to move with the new trends coming in.. I don't blame him. There's a whole lotta producers popping at any point in time, and which one is gonna be the best fit for you? Hindsight 20/20.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I wonder why he turned down the hottest producers in the game during that time period.
It’s more to the story
Nahhhh kanye and timbaland were both head and shoulders above the neptunes at that time

Then again i cant stand neptunes production in general

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
My ass bored as fukk.

:lolbron:

This is HARD.:wow:

"Masked up, with the paparazzi following me/ i gotta keep my mouth shut and don't say 'HEE HEE!:mj:"

You might as well go ahead and make that full M.I.K.E blend tape with The King styling over early 00's Neptunes:whoo:.

'They Don't Really Care About Us' over 'Grindin' and shyt :ohhh:

You already know Nore would bug out over it.

Edit: fukk it - I might illustrate some cover art for this over the holidays. Got the acronym meaning down and everything.:russ:

Last edited: