Michael Jackson wasn’t impressed by the neptunes .. He wanted the super thug sound instead.....

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nahhhh kanye and timbaland were both head and shoulders above the neptunes at that time

Then again i cant stand neptunes production in general
I’m not talking about quality when I say hottest producers
I meant as far as cranking out hits

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Literally took that man's leftovers and got launched to superstardom :wow:. Mike obviously wasn't trying to do more Mike shyt and honestly he didn't need it. It's kinda like giving Denzel a script for a Training Day rip off. Yeah, he'd kill it and folks would eat it up but he's moved on. Not sure about Prince on Frontin. Doesn't sound like him at all.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
with all due respect to Rodney, he probably was fatigued after You Rock My World and it shows. Michael saw him as Teddy successor since Teddy mentored him.

Turning down those Justified era records gotta be the biggest Michael Jackson blunder ever since not doing a Thriller in favor of his brothers and being in a position where anyone could accuse him of anything regardless of how innocent his intentions were.

Dude could’ve locked Pharrell and Chad into a 10 year contract, got first pick of their track AND have a great co-writer in Pharrell.

Them dudes were studio junkies and workaholics and would’ve had his album done in months.

Imagine an album with 8 Neptunes tracks, 2 from Rodney, the Floetry shyt, one from Kellz and then 2 from his longtime usual suspects (Bill Bottrell and Bruce Swedien). Then spend 2 months in a bunker to get it mixed and mastered. Haven’t the creative team cooked 4 dope as videos and only release 4 fukking singles.

Do a lil promo + media tour and have a NYC residency and do another in London and then Tokyo.

He probably would still be alive, and The Neptunes 100 times richer.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville

Should've been MJ :mjcry:

That really doesn't stand out from what Mike had done before. I can see where he was coming from. It would have just sounded like more of the same and he wanted something that sounded unique to him. People would have loved it, and especially now if he took it away from Timberlake and the story was told, but for him, in the moment, it was the choice he made.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
That really doesn't stand out from what Mike had done before. I can see where he was coming from. It would have just sounded like more of the same and he wanted something that sounded unique to him. People would have loved it, and especially now if he took it away from Timberlake and the story was told, but for him, in the moment, it was the choice he made.
Those were just three tracks, and the Neptunes have shown that they can go even wilder with their sounds. That whole Justified album is full of Michael Jackson "What If?" tracks and really has me thinking of what other avenues he could've ventured to throughout the 2000s. Breh is possibly working with N*E*R*D in an alternate reality and I'd so be there for it.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
1*6jG4kAI_denBjo-QaTO-aw.jpeg

reface-2020-12-21-12-20-12.gif

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Dark Child gave the talentless Jennifer Lopez her first number one. I ain’t letting some nikkas named after a planet fukk up Mike’s comeback album.”

where the fukk is Darkchild ?!! Homie was truly “can’t miss” for an extended period, working with iconic megastars and superstars . He placed himself in that upper echelon status .

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
That Super Thug track is still amazing. Also notice that Timberfake's music has aged horribly, because he doesn't have the voice to make songs timeless.
I just listened to Super Thug again. Still bangs. and then I realize this was released ages ago....gotta give it up for that

Man of the woods really showed what JT's true level had always been without the dancing or top tier production from Pharrell or Timbaland

I heard it and thought "wait...is this bad? I think this...might actually be bad? " after being so used to hearing JT with the timbo/pharrell collab

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

Mans passed up on prime Neptunes shyt and could’ve derailed Justin’s career forever. I don’t even wanna know what he’d sound like over some Superthug type beat.

Just listen to 2000 Watts if you wanna see what it woulda been like :hhh:

Son, I swear on my life I did not realize it was MJ singing in this song when I first heard it. I thought it was some feature with someone else singing. I'm like ":dahell: this nikka took over the whole damn song".

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
where the fukk is Darkchild ?!! Homie was truly “can’t miss” for an extended period, working with iconic megastars and superstars . He placed himself in that upper echelon status .
Also where the fukk is jazze pha? I remember when you couldn’t go 10 minutes without hearing his intro

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I just listened to Super Thug again. Still bangs. and then I realize this was released ages ago....gotta give it up for that

Man of the woods really showed what JT's true level had always been without the dancing or top tier production from Pharrell or Timbaland

I heard it and thought "wait...is this bad? I think this...might actually be bad? " after being so used to hearing JT with the timbo/pharrell collab

Without the black backers the cac couldn’t cut it and showed his true colours. Stole MJ and Ushers swag and cacs acting like it was the most amazing shyt ever hailing him as a great.