Michael Jackson wasn’t impressed by the neptunes .. He wanted the super thug sound instead.....

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Dunno wtf MJ was on back then those tracks were fire, and anyone listening to Justified knew it had heavy MJ influences, that shyt was literally made for MJ :mjlol:

MJ went with Rodney Jerkins and that shyt sounded wildly outdated in 01 :huhldup:

with all due respect to Rodney, he probably was fatigued after You Rock My World and it shows. Michael saw him as Teddy successor since Teddy mentored him.

Turning down those Justified era records gotta be the biggest Michael Jackson blunder ever since not doing a Thriller in favor of his brothers and being in a position where anyone could accuse him of anything regardless of how innocent his intentions were.

Dude could’ve locked Pharrell and Chad into a 10 year contract, got first pick of their track AND have a great co-writer in Pharrell.

Them dudes were studio junkies and workaholics and would’ve had his album done in months.

Imagine an album with 8 Neptunes tracks, 2 from Rodney, the Floetry shyt, one from Kellz and then 2 from his longtime usual suspects (Bill Bottrell and Bruce Swedien). Then spend 2 months in a bunker to get it mixed and mastered. Haven’t the creative team cooked 4 dope as videos and only release 4 fukking singles.

Do a lil promo + media tour and have a NYC residency and do another in London and then Tokyo.

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
That Justified album part had me shocked when I heard on drink champs.

I said oooohhh no wonder I liked that album so much in HS. It was made for Mike lol. JT even danced like MJ for the premier....lmao how did I not make that connection?

When I imagine MJ on that type of production, I'm like oh that would have been fire for ages it makes soooooo much sense now. The beat the hook the vibe the bridge....lol

Crazy MJ passed on it

Daps
Quincy wasn’t tryna give credit for the shyt MJ was bringing to the table. This is one of the main reasons till this day people are surprised when they learn MJ was also a writer and producer and not just some pop performer.

Who is surprised by this?:gucci:

Everybody know Mike been writing and producing since the J5 moved from Motown to CBS :gucci: