Michael Jackson wasn’t impressed by the neptunes .. He wanted the super thug sound instead.....

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
Actually what surprises me more is that Timberlake stopped using Neptune's beats

Like :mindblown:

He had one more good album (the one that Timbaland produced) and most of his junk has flopped since then

That stuff be tripping me out. Why would you leave the producer that has a proven track record with you?

I get it, you wanna try a new sound but you make your next experimental album, it flops and then you supposed to go back to what you know

Same thing with Usher. Its a shame that Ushers last game changing album was Confessions

Dude really spent the past 15 years experimenting and coming out with trash.

JD's sounds works for you. It WORKS. He finally smartened up this year and went back to his roots.

MJ had nothing to prove. He had no legacy to cement at that point in his life. Usher was supposed to cement his legacy, Timberlake too instead of coming out with THIS GHETTO D GURL or MAN OF THE WOODZ.:mindblown:

As far as the 2nd album it's was planned to half Timbo half Neptunes but Jive was tryna stall getting the Clipse album out and pharrell said if y'all don't put the album out I'm not doing the Justin album. They kept stalling so Pharrell stuck to his guns and it became a full Timbo album

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
I wonder why he turned down the hottest producers in the game during that time period.
It’s more to the story
nikka hes micheal fukking jackson lol
the greatest entertainer of all time he just did whatever the fukk he want lol, nikkas woulda banged super thug if mike did it too :mjlol:

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
"What? What? What? What?.....I'm a Superstar....."

I can see MJ killing it off that first Kelis album, Kaleidoscope...."Get Along With You" would have been flames....

I was just thinking that Mike would've been heat over any beats off Kelis first two albums. He would fit like a hand in glove over this

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Sometimes its not that simple breh.

When it comes to successful artists, there is definitely ego involved but there is always a REAL need to “test” the waters and step outside of your comfort zone.

Also look at MJ. He made three solo albums with Quincy. All three classics, including the Best Selling album of all time. But by the end of Thriller MJ was tired of Quincy and vice versa. As an artist it was about expansion of his sound but it was also about control of his career. Quincy wouldn’t give Michael Co-Production credits on Billie Jean, which HIGHLY pissed off Michael. They also feuded over the placement of songs, titles, sequencing, etc. michael won a few battles and Quincy won a few. But when you are the ARTIST and your selling out arenas and doing all the other work that comes with the art (performing, interviews, tours, etc) you start to trust your instincts more and the words of others less. 90% of the time successful artist/producer duos break up is because the artist wants more of their INSTINCT included within the final product that bares their name
Quincy wasn’t tryna give credit for the shyt MJ was bringing to the table. This is one of the main reasons till this day people are surprised when they learn MJ was also a writer and producer and not just some pop performer.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Mike choosing not to work with the Neptunes was a big miss opportunity...It’s not like Mike needed them and the Neptunes we’re the hottest production team in the game at that time without Mike but that Neptune sound with MJ’s vocals was a perfect marriage.

Imagine how Mike would sound over something like Wait A Minute produced for Ray J?

Or if they wanted to do something slower, chill/softer.

What could’ve been :wow:

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Unreleased track with Ice Cube.

If Mike had recorded “U Don’t Have To Call” just imagine.

“Don’t leave ya girl round me, true player for real, ask my nikka Pharrell.”:wow:

Oh shyt... Cube had a song with Mike :ohhh:

Man if this was remastered bit to make the vocals clearer, :ohlawd:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Quincy wasn’t tryna give credit for the shyt MJ was bringing to the table. This is one of the main reasons till this day people are surprised when they learn MJ was also a writer and producer and not just some pop performer.

It's crazy how "Tabloid Junkie" was built around him beatboxing and nothing else. :whoo: