Michael Jackson wasn’t impressed by the neptunes .. He wanted the super thug sound instead.....

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
When nikkaz gon keep it real. Mike ain't like nobody trying to be him.
All that Neptune shyt some weak rock covers of mj shyt.

Mj ain't rock with that biter shyt.

Art Barr

THANK you. Cats are actinh lik MJ made a mistake by refusing those JUSTIFIED beats.

But the Justified sound was a cover of 80's MJ sound. How are you gonna make an album with cats biting your old sound?

Justified was good but it was good because it was a teeeny booper sub thriller/bad. And I say it as a lover of that album

Daps
Without the black backers the cac couldn’t cut it and showed his true colours. Stole MJ and Ushers swag and cacs acting like it was the most amazing shyt ever hailing him as a great.

Remember when there was that Usher vs Timberlake debate? :hhh:

And I loved the Justified album at the time but to compare him to Usher? Wild disrespectful

Usher shut all that noise down when he released Confessions that next year tho :banderas:

Daps
I can definitely imagine MJ wanting a drill beat for one of his projects:russ:

And this shyt goes too:lawd:

8664bd9c70198d98cdc35edfbdbc051c.gif

This go hard :ohhh:

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
The Neptunes sound was a remake of MJ 80's sound.

In undersatand why he refused to do that.

And people acting like Invincible was trash and that he would've been bigger with the Neptunes are wrong. Invincible was sabotaged by Sony. MJ working with Neptunes would've not changed that.
Invincible doesn't have anything on it that stands up to the hits on the first 4 albums and Don't doesn't have anything to do with that

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Invincible doesn't have anything on it that stands up to the hits on the first 4 albums and Don't doesn't have anything to do with that

Npbody claimed that it was on the same level with Thriller/Bad/OfftheWall/Dangerous. But it's still a good ass album. Underrated.
Invicible was sabotaged by Sony. It's a known fact.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

I don't think anyone understands how sony literally manipulated so we will never have quality music or cinema goods. Plus no way to own it or record it as well. Go google it. Just like they sabo'd mike's album in discussion within your posts and side dialogue.

Art Barr

Daps
Reppin
NULL
imagine MJ hearing rock your body and was like:ohhh:wait a minute... then hearing like I love you. He probably hit them with the :stopitslime:so you trying to pass my own ____ ____ back to me _____.

Now that you mention it...

Rock Your Body really does sound like Workin' Day and Night :ohhh:

And Like I Love You...

EDIT: Even Senorita... (I might be reaching on this one though).

Last edited:

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
The Neptunes sound was a remake of MJ 80's sound.

In undersatand why he refused to do that.

And people acting like Invincible was trash and that he would've been bigger with the Neptunes are wrong. Invincible was sabotaged by Sony. MJ working with Neptunes would've not changed that.
Hmm, but MJ didn't want none of that NERD/ Neptunes. I remember the interview where they was wishing to produce for MJ. So Pharrell decided to sing on them joints himself, with the high pitch voice.

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
This is going to be a unpopular opinion to many on here but I think the majority of The Neptunes beats are whack. :yeshrug:

I don’t blame Micheal at all for not working with them.
I feel so too, but they brought their own unique style and the songs that was dope actually was dope.

Last edited: