Michael Jackson wasn’t impressed by the neptunes .. He wanted the super thug sound instead.....

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Yeah mike and his team dropped the ball if this was the invincible album that shyt would’ve been a great album

Rock your body
Señorita
Like I love you
You don’t have to call
Break of dawn
Heaven can wait
You rock my world
Butterflies
Speechless
Cry
The lost children
Unbreakable

Breh this track listing would’ve made people damn near forget about 9/11 and MJ would’ve been able to tour for 2 years off of it. WTF were his people thinking. And Teddy being an early Neptunes supporter should’ve given them the co-sign. These dudes were already in the beginning of their prime when Invincible came out.

Who the fukk else aside from Babyface and R Kelly can give you an album worth of songs written, produced and arranged?

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Mike was ready to transition if folks gave him the chance, they just kept assuming he wanted that pop sound

I still vehemently believe he was ready to enter the r&b with hip hop phase of his career

The beat on unbreakable proves that, and then you get a top 3 rapper of all time cruising on the beat with him

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

This shyt sounds like an anemic demo but I have no doubts that he would’ve slaughtered those Justified tracks. His management are certified bozos and you wonder if they were on some sabotage shyt. Album woulda been a smash + tour and that would mean more $ to gobble up catalogs and continue to build wealth.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
honestly i was never a big fan of the neptune sound either. was always hit or miss for me. they got as many bangers as duds imo.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Mike was ready to transition if folks gave him the chance, they just kept assuming he wanted that pop sound

I still vehemently believe he was ready to enter the r&b with hip hop phase of his career

The beat on unbreakable proves that, and then you get a top 3 rapper of all time cruising on the beat with him

His shyt with Teddy Riley don't count? :patrice:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
The reason those songs were hits is because they were retreads of MJs old records. If you think about its its kinda of disrespectful consider MJ was always about evolution. That and Sony didn't want him to leave with a hit combined with MJ keeping a lot of the best cuts, constantly delaying and spending most of his time in lower earth orbit as he was majorly zooted in that era.

Sessions from Invincible were bangers:

But MJ was in a weird spot because he was openly beefing with Sony, at the end of his contract, under immense stress and doped up to his eyeballs plus he was dreading the idea of performing and the media circus that came with each release.