Michael Jackson "Dangerous" is every bit as good as 'Thriller', 'Off the Wall', & 'Bad'

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
nope. That New Jack Swing shyt was the beginning of the decline. I almost said he shoulda stayed with Quincy but around this time Quincy was making wack ass rap tracks with Kool Moe Dee. Not as unforgettable as the Darkchild stuff but forgettable mostly still

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I see why Mike left it off LOL. Not his best work. And LL was trash on that.

Now this song right here he should have put on :banderas:

Edit: Now i'm googling and people are divided and say this "For All Time" was from either Thriller or Dangerous. Nobody knows for sure.

Imagine if it was Thriller. It could have replaced that trash ass "Baby Be Mine" and made Thriller even more of a classic.

Baby be mine trash? :dahell:...nah :camby:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
nope. That New Jack Swing shyt was the beginning of the decline. I almost said he shoulda stayed with Quincy but around this time Quincy was making wack ass rap tracks with Kool Moe Dee. Not as unforgettable as the Darkchild stuff but forgettable mostly still

...and now we got niccas talkin' bad about "Back On The Block"...these niccas, I tell ya...

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Not bad. That is my ranking also. Just one thing though, an album below Thriller in ranking can't just be "good" LOL. But i agree with your ranking anyway. All 4 are classics in my opinion.

I wanna say this in another thread and I wish we could have someone make an official Prince vs MJ thread....but I always wished that Michael had released two or at least one more album in the 80s. His legacy is set already its just something that irks me. With Prince releasing 7 albums in that decade, nobody is saying Mike had to released that amount, but It feels like a big gaping hole when i see his only albums to come out in the whole decade was Thriller and Bad.

I almost like that MJ released albums in gaps. Even before his solo albums, let's say, going back to the mid to late 70s, his music, style and physical look were always different. One album in the 70s could be with an afro, off the wall was in the late 70s with a afro/jheri curl hybrid; thriller was MJ with a classic jheri curl and leather jackets; Bad was an MJ with lighter skin, longer hair, leather jackets with eleborate buckles, and more attitude; Dangerous was an even lighter skin, less attitude, less buckles, even longer, and at times, straight hair, new Jack style of music, more hip hop infused. These transitions helped him become a more enigmatic figure, which couldn't have happened if he released albums back to back. Plus, being the most famous person on the planet, he probably didn't want to saturate the market consistently with new material. I think it's perfect the way he did it.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I almost like that MJ released albums in gaps. Even before his solo albums, let's say, going back to the mid to late 70s, his music, style and physical look were always different. One album in the 70s could be with an afro, off the wall was in the late 70s with a afro/jheri curl hybrid; thriller was MJ with a classic jheri curl and leather jackets; Bad was an MJ with lighter skin, longer hair, leather jackets with eleborate buckles, and more attitude; Dangerous was an even lighter skin, less attitude, less buckles, even longer, and at times, straight hair, new Jack style of music, more hip hop infused. These transitions helped him become a more enigmatic figure, which couldn't have happened if he released albums back to back. Plus, being the most famous person on the planet, he probably didn't want to saturate the market consistently with new material. I think it's perfect the way he did it.

thats why i was saying i would be fine with even one more in the 80s. remember there was almost a 5 year gap between thriller and bad. that is far too long. i know after that album he had the say say say feature with mccartney, motown performance, and bought the beatles catalog so he was constantly in the news but still damn...

What i wish he had at least done was release an album right in 1989 when he was done with the Bad Tour to end the decade off. It didn't have to be a commercial album could have been a traditional album. Or he could have released Bad a year earlier.

Either way he is a legend

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I see why Mike left it off LOL. Not his best work. And LL was trash on that.

Now this song right here he should have put on :banderas:

Edit: Now i'm googling and people are divided and say this "For All Time" was from either Thriller or Dangerous. Nobody knows for sure.

Imagine if it was Thriller. It could have replaced that trash ass "Baby Be Mine" and made Thriller even more of a classic.

:childplease:

:camby: