Michael Jackson "Dangerous" is every bit as good as 'Thriller', 'Off the Wall', & 'Bad'

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You right.I was just going off the top of my head, looking back in retrosopect, but you make a good point about Mike being on some kumbaya shyt with Black or White.I hated that song when I was a kid.Actually, none of the people I knew liked that shyt.

Remember The Time, tho:banderas:

I still remember when that shyt debut on Fox....right after an episode of In Living Color.Shyt was like a major event.Had the VCR set to record and everything.

Could've easily been his lead off single

When i hear people talk about that time I always hear how first of all the 2nd part of the video with the "crotch grab" got banned and it was the first time they hear the phrase. Also the smashing car with a baseball bat seemed to have come from this video.

Basically the video was constantly parodied. Damn shame because besides a couple filler songs and some songs being too long, the album was better than Bad. SUch a shame,

And then that dumbass cac Kurt Cobain had his popular solo album only to kill himself 3 and a half years later :camby:

If you weren't gonna go all the way then why did you waste your time Kurt? :camby:

Michael could have gotten the buzz that your ass took from him :camby:

Smh these cacs

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Highkey BAD was really the first New Jack Swing album...tell me some of the percussion on BAD doesn't sound like the shyt Teddy Riley was doing a year later in 88. :sas1:

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Everyone Rep OP. This album is far too underappreciated. At times people let the public image of MJ around this time cloud their judgement. Sometimes i wonder if people even listened to that album, it was phenomenal. I would also put it above his Bad album. Off the Wall and Thriller are in the top 2 but Dangerous would be right after.

Especially this song. One of his most underrated tracks

One of the greatest songs ever created. I love listening to that song while I'm cruising around at night.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Dangerous is MJs "Beats Rhymes and Life." Its not exactly a classic but it was better than people give it credit for. I think its downplay was due to the same reason Atcqs album was downplayed cuz the original formula changed up and people weren't ready to listen unbiased and constantly compare it to previous works

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Dangerous is MJs "Beats Rhymes and Life." Its not exactly a classic but it was better than people give it credit for. I think its downplay was due to the same reason Atcqs album was downplayed cuz the original formula changed up and people weren't ready to listen unbiased and constantly compare it to previous works

Conversely, if Dangerous sounded like the previous two albums, it would've been labeled as outdated. MJ was an innovator, so fans expecting him to stay in one lane is a bit short-sighted on their part.
Also, JAM is a very lyrically underrated song.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Highkey BAD was really the first New Jack Swing album...tell me some of the percussion on BAD doesn't sound like the shyt Teddy Riley was doing a year later in 88. :sas1:

I don't see that. Bad came in just before a transition period from the 80s sound, to more new Jack kind of sound. Bad was undeniabley a classic.

Ria_21

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Yorkshire
Love this album :clap::clap:...remember the time now that's probably up there as one of his best videos :ohlawd: In the closet though :krs: every time i watch the video i just gaze at both naomi and michael like :whew::noah: Michael was fine as hell in this video, so jealous of naomi :damn: the song itself is just sexy as hell. :shaq: Like many of you said this album doesn't get that much credit for how good it actually is.

Ria_21

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Yorkshire
Michael-Jackson-and-Naomi-Campbell-michael-jackson-17022580-885-1330.jpg

d3cb26e56ea75b4be0968491a14d23f5.jpg
1007914_1335017721798_full.jpg

:whoo::whew::whew::whew::ohlawd::ohlawd::banderas:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I see why Mike left it off LOL. Not his best work. And LL was trash on that.

Now this song right here he should have put on :banderas:

Edit: Now i'm googling and people are divided and say this "For All Time" was from either Thriller or Dangerous. Nobody knows for sure.

Imagine if it was Thriller. It could have replaced that trash ass "Baby Be Mine" and made Thriller even more of a classic.

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'll say it's a good album...damn near underrated. It's not fukking with those other albums...except Bad, I'll put it over Bad.

OTW
Thriller
Dangerous
Bad

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'll say it's a good album...damn near underrated. It's not fukking with those other albums...except Bad, I'll put it over Bad.

OTW
Thriller
Dangerous
Bad

Not bad. That is my ranking also. Just one thing though, an album below Thriller in ranking can't just be "good" LOL. But i agree with your ranking anyway. All 4 are classics in my opinion.

I wanna say this in another thread and I wish we could have someone make an official Prince vs MJ thread....but I always wished that Michael had released two or at least one more album in the 80s. His legacy is set already its just something that irks me. With Prince releasing 7 albums in that decade, nobody is saying Mike had to released that amount, but It feels like a big gaping hole when i see his only albums to come out in the whole decade was Thriller and Bad.