Michael Jackson "Dangerous" is every bit as good as 'Thriller', 'Off the Wall', & 'Bad'

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Lol @ this being the "Nastradamus" of his albums. The Coli is always good for reading some dumb shyt lol.

- The album had one of the biggest singles of his career (BoW)

- The second highest selling album of his career (even more than Bad)

- And one of his most critically well received albums when it dropped.

A highly slept on album that suffered from bad timing. If released a year earlier, it would've been up there.

Last edited:

soulfuljah

All Star
Daps
While I'll rate it no where close to Off the Wall (my favorite MJ album), it was a good album and somewhat underrated. Probably his best album cover tho..lol

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dangerous was my favorite for a long time. Them New Jack sounds :banderas:. That was such a great time for black music. That energy, with full, rich tracks. Great time for harmonies too. I always thought Bad and Dangerous were his greatest works because of that and his maturity. Off the Wall has that young Mike energy and emotions though, which I didn't appreciate until I was older. I don't think Thriller is bad or anything. I just thought the other three were better overall to me.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Everyone Rep OP. This album is far too underappreciated. At times people let the public image of MJ around this time cloud their judgement. Sometimes i wonder if people even listened to that album, it was phenomenal. I would also put it above his Bad album. Off the Wall and Thriller are in the top 2 but Dangerous would be right after.

Especially this song. One of his most underrated tracks

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lol @ this being the "Nastradamus" of his albums. The Coli is always good for reading some dumb shyt lol.

- The album had one of the biggest singles of his career (B&W)

- The second highest selling album of his career (even more than Bad)

- And one of his most critically well received albums when it dropped.

A highly slept on album that suffered from bad timing. If released a year earlier, it would've been up there.

I think we should start a petition to get Spike to do a documentary on this after that great Off the Wall one he had on Showtime. I saw in an interview Spike hinted there would be a Thriller documentary and then that would close the chapter. I'm paraphrasing but kind of saying he would stop there :beli:

We need to stop downplaying this album.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
WE NEED THAT DOCUMENTARY NOW!!! Go tweet Spike before you go to sleep breh.

Maybe we should have it on the Big screen instead of showtime

This was the period where the controversies started to overshadow the music...I don't think Spike wants to go there. The docs were great because it focused on all the pre-controversy stuff and kept it about the music.

It would love to see a doc about this album tho. MJ was at his creative apex around this period :wow:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This was the period where the controversies started to overshadow the music...I don't think Spike wants to go there. The docs were great because it focused on all the pre-controversy stuff and kept it about the music.

It would love to see a doc about this album tho. MJ was at his creative apex around this period :wow:

All he has to simply do is avoid talking about those controveries. Even when discussing the song Black and White from Dangerous just dont mention the words skin bleaching at all.

Just focus on the music.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Low key, that Keep It In The Closet beat, tho:whew:

Album lost momentum because it dropped right around the time those molestation allegations came out

That isn't why breh. The album came out November 1991. First molestation allegation was in summer 1993.

I think it was a combination of Mike's terrible choice of "Black and White" as the first single/video since he thought he still needed to appeal to mainstream white people. Which was unnecesary because he already solidified himself.

There is a reason why every Black person you can think of loved Remember the Time. He really should have made that the first video. Imagine if that same exact video was shown to millions of people? Don't forget "Black and White" was shown as a national television premiere as if it was a Super Bowl show.

Now imagine how much more respected it would be if that same classic Remember The Time video was what people saw at first? Yeah he still released a video for it but we know humans are stupid in general and dont think about that lol.

Anyway the 2nd reason that slowed down this album's album was "NIRVANA MANIA" when two months before in September Nirvana came out with their "Nevermind" album and everyone was going ham over it. I think one of the singles, I believe "Smells Like Teen Spirit" took over Michael in the top spot.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That isn't why breh. The album came out November 1991. First molestation allegation was in summer 1993.

I think it was a combination of Mike's terrible choice of "Black and White" as the first single/video since he thought he still needed to appeal to mainstream white people. Which was unnecesary because he already solidified himself.

There is a reason why every Black person you can think of loved Remember the Time. He really should have made that the first video. Imagine if that same exact video was shown to millions of people? Don't forget "Black and White" was shown as a national television premiere as if it was a Super Bowl show.

Now imagine how much more respected it would be if that same classic Remember The Time video was what people saw at first? Yeah he still released a video for it but we know humans are stupid in general and dont think about that lol.

Anyway the 2nd reason that slowed down this album's album was "NIRVANA MANIA" when two months before in September Nirvana came out with their "Nevermind" album and everyone was going ham over it. I think one of the singles, I believe "Smells Like Teen Spirit" took over Michael in the top spot.

You right.I was just going off the top of my head, looking back in retrosopect, but you make a good point about Mike being on some kumbaya shyt with Black or White.I hated that song when I was a kid.Actually, none of the people I knew liked that shyt.

Remember The Time, tho:banderas:

I still remember when that shyt debut on Fox....right after an episode of In Living Color.Shyt was like a major event.Had the VCR set to record and everything.

Could've easily been his lead off single