Michael Jackson "Dangerous" is every bit as good as 'Thriller', 'Off the Wall', & 'Bad'

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
He may have hit higher highs and groundbreaking work on other projects but Dangerous was the greatest display of his overall talents from writing, producing, collaborating etc. In fact it was one of the greatest displays of sheer talent by any artist. How many artists could collab seamlessly with rappers, hard rockers and gospel writers etc on one album and not miss a beat.

Only one Artist can :mj:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
I agree that he was trying to recapture the Dangerous vibe with Invincible but it kept on getting delayed. Had it dropped on time the production would've sounded fresh but it came out after the curve - unlike Dangerous which perfected the wave at its peak - plus the final tracklist was very bloated and had some strange omissions like:

(I Like) The Way You Love Me
(I Can't Make It) Another Day
Chicago
Blue Gangsta
Xscape
Fall Again
We've Had Enough
Shout

Throw them in the mix with the strongest cuts that were on there and it would've been another classic. Facts are that MJ in the early 00s just wasn't feeling it, he'd had enough of the public, his label and his own demons so just signed off on whatever it was to get it released and move on with his plans which is why its his only album with so few visuals.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
In 2020, I would listen to Dangerous before any other MJ album.

Not saying it's his best (that would be Off The Wall), but to me it's aged the best.

The production still :ehh:

The content :wow:

Heal The World :mjcry:

Will You Be There :mjcry:

Remember The Time :banderas:

Black Or White :mj:

It's my personal favorite from MJ

♤♡♢♧
Daps
Reppin
the real hiphop.
MJ, Teddy Riley, Bill Bottrell and Bruce Swedien did their thing on this album. Well produced (perhaps almost overproduced on some tracks), well written, well performed, superb engineering. Could've been 2-3 tracks shorter but Michael always wanted to fill up the minutes on a disc and show range. I love this album though.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Hell naw. That's an album you gotta take songs and pepper them in a playlist. That one drum pattern gets annoying after a while. The variety in music just isn't there.

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
In 2020, I would listen to Dangerous before any other MJ album.

Not saying it's his best (that would be Off The Wall), but to me it's aged the best.

this is an interesting take. And I would agree. This album doesn't sound like listening to something "vintage".

Off the Wall and Thriller are obviously GOAT albums, but they definitely sound older like ur listening to something throwback. This album is pushing 30 yrs old and doesnt sound "old"

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
History is a timeless album in terms of production and content. Dangerous is good but History is for the children!

Definitely MJs rawest album though, he was taking no shorts and pushed the pen and was behind the boards for most of the jams and its got some of the best mixing and mastering I've ever heard. Crisp and effortless beats that showcased his vocals and the harmonies are out of this world plus he switched up his flows and showed loads of versatility.

I wish MJ from this point on had just kept it trill at all times because he could've won the world - yes, even his haters - over by putting in words what everyone felt in their hearts and in many ways it would've made him an even bigger star than he was before because he literally had nothing to lose and everything to gain in this era.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s

A lot of middle aged women who were younger in the 90s really fukk with this joint....that video did wonders for MJs image....

Women always thought of him in a pure kinda way...but MJ was on some raunchy ass shyt....had women legit on some :picard::shaq: shyt that was usually reserved for prince

The beat is just foul too....fukk around and get a bish pregnant playing it at the right wrong time