Michael Jackson "Dangerous" is every bit as good as 'Thriller', 'Off the Wall', & 'Bad'

darryl

Superstar
Daps
R Kelly discography can go toe to toe with mikes....:sas2:

Y'all don't wanna have that discussion tho.

And I understand we all love Michael but yall got to quit it. It's pretty much well known that he had a decline in the 90s. Especially after dangerous. He wasn't in his prime like 80s Michael. His peformance was still top notch but it wasn't the same. And his voice took a decline. It happens. he was older and had drug problems

Last edited:

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

And I understand we all love Michael but yall got to quit it. It's pretty much well known that he had a decline in the 90s. Especially after dangerous. He wasn't in his prime like 80s Michael. His peformance was still top notch but it wasn't the same. And his voice took a decline. It happens. he was older and had drug problems

R Kelly is one of the greats, but where is his Thriller, his Off the Wall, his BAD? What albums of his can you honestly say he changed with way music is created? Please Show me where MJs voice took a decline; and don't use the History Tour as an example, it's common knowledge that he had laryngitis hence the lip syncing.

Dr. Claw

Pro
Daps
Reppin
M.A.D.
I think the only thing that keeps Dangerous out of the running of those three is the "side 2"

BAD is basically a clinic of pop music. A string of straight hits.
THRILLER was the same, but in the early '80s context with more straight R&B
OFF THE WALL was late 70s R&B perfection

what MJ was going for with DANGEROUS was to bring OFF THE WALL vibes to a BAD-style album. The "pop side" of the album doesn't hit like the R&B side does.
The Teddy shyt is some of his best material ever IMO, I like some of it more than even some of the individual songs on BAD.
A song that was made shortly after those sessions "Someone Put Your Hand Out" would have elevated the album to Towering Inferno status if included (I see it was linked up above)

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Dangerous gets props for me solely for MJ having the nuts to do this:

The man was Hotepin before Hotepin was that big a thing! On the real though, powerful message in visual form.

Tracklist wise there are some weak jams but the ones that bang, bang. If you want to know a truly underrated album that is on par with his greats but in a different way then people History. Once again a few weak cuts but the overall album was raw. MJ was handing out 2 pieces with biscuits to everyone on that one and for the first time ever wasn't chasing hits or caring about the charts.

Just pure ventilation and it was him pushing the pen and behind the boards for most of that one and you can tell he poured his soul into it.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps

What years was he at his peak? What was the first year of his decline?

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens

awful take...........clear as day its forced:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
reach for the stars brehs:mjlol:
even r kelly would diasgree with you:mjlol: