Michael Jackson "Dangerous" is every bit as good as 'Thriller', 'Off the Wall', & 'Bad'

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
This album is lowkey what MJ wanted with Invincible.

I think he felt like Rodney Jerkins was the new Teddy Rilry of that era.

But I dont think that album worked anywhere near as well as Dangerous

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Invincible still went diamond. Over 10 million albums sold

Partly because it was his longest gap ever in between releasing an album. I think 6 years.

And the lead single was fire. But overall, I think the album is a letdown and Darkchild beats dont age as well as Dangerous.

EDIT: Also, I will correct myself, Teddy Riley also did few songs on Invincible.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
And his voice took a decline. It happens. he was older and had drug problems

Like an athlete, you only have so many jumps & bumps in you. A persons vocal chords only have so much singing in them.

His voice changed multiple times over his life b/c he'd been singing non-stop since he was probably 5 yrs old.

For most men in general, their voices get lower as they age, and singers often have to pitch their songs down a half-step.

His voice still had life even on Invincible, I just didnt care for the production that much. I wish he'd done more in between that time and his death, but at that point I'm sure celeb life, lack of sleep, drug dependcy had taken it's toll on him. Probably harder to concentrate and operate as he once did.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'm gonna be the only guy saying this, but I feel that "Bad" was a bad album.
You are the only one, lol.

"Bad" was the ultimate pop album. That's why sme ppl may not like it.

"Off the Wall", "Thriller" were still somewhat R&B/disco-fringe.

"Thriller" allbum made him an other-worldly phenom, there was no way he could follow it or match it. "Bad" definitely followed it, it was different, but it wasn't a let down.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
This album is lowkey what MJ wanted with Invincible.

I think he felt like Rodney Jerkins was the new Teddy Rilry of that era.

He was. Mike was a student of The Game; he watched the charts.

notwithstanding the fact that Rodney was put on by Teddy, their are in the same tier success-wise.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Partly because it was his longest gap ever in between releasing an album. I think 6 years.

And the lead single was fire. But overall, I think the album is a letdown and Darkchild beats dont age as well as Dangerous.

EDIT: Also, I will correct myself, Teddy Riley also did few songs on Invincible.

MJ also said they Sony purposely didn't push it, hoping that MJ would lose money recouping and have to sell his Sony Catalogue.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
He may have hit higher highs and groundbreaking work on other projects but Dangerous was the greatest display of his overall talents from writing, producing, collaborating etc. In fact it was one of the greatest displays of sheer talent by any artist. How many artists could collab seamlessly with rappers, hard rockers and gospel writers etc on one album and not miss a beat.