Michael Dunn, killer of Jordan Davis trial thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are misreading the statute. It about the CCW. And the passage reads "MUST INFORM OFFICER IMMEDIATELY ON CONTACT BY LAW"

That is referring to being in contact with police officer or government official. All that is saying is if your pulled over or questioned or contacted BY LAW (as in law enforcement officials) you do not have to tell a a cop from the jump that you are in possession of a concealed weapon. However if they do ask you must present your carry license. which is explained right below it in the same section that you didn't bother to read properly.

The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the
licensee is in actual possession of
a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and
proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this
subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to t
he clerk of the court.

your right I missread that, but its nothing in the guidelines saying you must call the police like it is in the michigan hand book
was dunn arrested for discharging his weapon and not reporting or calling 911?

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
your right I missread that, but its nothing in the guidelines saying you must call the police like it is in the michigan hand book
was dunn arrested for discharging his weapon and not reporting or calling 911?
No he was arrested for being the suspect in a murder. Not sure what you are even arguing at this point.. There are no "guidelines". Your not making any sense.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No he was arrested for being the suspect in a murder. Not sure what you are even arguing at this point.. There are no "guidelines". Your not making any sense.

Not calling 911 after discharging your weapon is a felony, at least it is in Michigan, I got a DVD and a book when I got my ccw, it clearly says you have to call 911, and also thats was made clear in training. Also if you don't do it, you're arrested and your going to do 5 years. I see nothing in their rule book that says you have to call 911, but if its in there, he should've been arrested for breaking that law as well, unless they just haven't charged him yet.

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait so in some states you can get into an OK Corral gunfight and/or shoot and kill someone and not have to inform the police about it after and everything's cool?

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
It's definitely odd that they're still deliberating, but I refuse to fall into the FUD that's going on in here.

Dunn is not getting off. I'd bet my account on it.

There is a good chance he might be found not guilty on all counts. I posted an article where the elements of self-defense were way less than Dunn's case and dudes were found not guilty.

There was a case where people left and came back and killed the victim, and that guilty verdict was overtuned by Florida's supreme court.

Zimmerman lied way more than Dunn, and the only thing that matters according to the law is if the person feels threatened. The law is garbage this is why you don't find it in most other states, but I can see someone arguing that Dunn felt threatened and the burden for self-defense in Florida is not that high. All it takes is one person to feel that way.

But...they said they reached verdicts on some of the counts, so lets see how it goes.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not calling 911 after discharging your weapon is a felony, at least it is in Michigan, I got a DVD and a book when I got my ccw, it clearly says you have to call 911, and also thats was made clear in training. Also if you don't do it, you're arrested and your going to do 5 years. I see nothing in their rule book that says you have to call 911, but if its in there, he should've been arrested for breaking that law as well, unless they just haven't charged him yet.

Unlawful discharge is a crime however there is a dead body so they are focused on murder and attempted murder charges. Prosecutors pick and chose what they will go after and its normally the biggest charges they think they can win.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unlawful discharge is a crime however there is a dead body so they are focused on murder and attempted murder charges. Prosecutors pick and chose what they will go after and its normally the biggest charges they think they can win.

the law is law, they can't just ignore that.

if I killed somebody in self defense for real, and didn't call 911 immediately afterwards, I would go to Jail and lose my gun license, even if I was in a gun fight with that person.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Those cacs, not all of them, but at least those two old ones know that if Dunn is convicted on ANY charge he's gone for 20 years.

They trying to bring good ol Mike home! They want every charge to be innocent.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait so in some states you can get into an OK Corral gunfight and/or shoot and kill someone and not have to inform the police about it after and everything's cool?

In Florida yes, one it just happened, two he was not charged for failure to report, three it hasn't been brought up in the case as a crime
only suspicious on his part as far as his intent

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Also the crime isn't unlawful discharge, its failure to report. Unlawful discharge could mean just shooting in the air.

In most states it is written you have to call 911 immediately after discharging, its not the case in Florida at least I haven't seen it in writing
and also you can have alcohol in your system and its perfectly fine, when in most states is an automatic felony

Daps
Reppin
NULL

They throw out charges, not ignore them.

If it was in Florida's law you had to call 911 immediately after discharge like it is in most places, he would've been charged for not doing
and jailed for that, as well as being a suspect for murder.

If it beats the murder charge, his free to go. So he obviously didn't violate the law by not reporting, there's no reason not to charge him for failure to report, its a felony