Michael Dunn, killer of Jordan Davis trial thread

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Video: http://www.news4jax.com/news/Day-2-of-Dunn-jury-trial/-/475880/24285106/-/qgsjme/-/index.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
The judge presiding over the Michael Dunn trial is hopeful a jury in the Michael Dunn murder trial could be seated by late Wednesday and the trial could be completed by the end of next week.

Near the end of the second day of jury selection, Channel 4 attorney Ed Birk said the process is tedious, but it has been moving along efficiently. He said many potential jurors were excused because they had issues with being sequestered.

"To me, it seemed to be going along pretty quickly," Birk said. "We have 62 or 63 potential jurors who have been screened for any kinds of reasons to be dismissed, such as sick family members or job requirements they can't accommodate."

About 75 percent of those remaining in the jury pool are women, and the represented all ways of life.

"Now they're quizzing, learning about backgrounds of the potential jurors, like have they been a victim of a crime or accused of a crime, or were they related to law enforcement and other questions like that to find out if there might be any potential biases," Birk said.

New-Document.jpg
The process will continue at 9 a.m. Wednesday, with the judge hopeful that 12 jurors and four alternates can be selected.

After hearing arguments from WJXT and other media outlets that were excluded from the courtroom during jury selection, Healey allowed two media representatives into the courtroom and allowed a single, fixed camera (image shown) to feed video to an overflow courtroom, where more media could watch and listen to the proceedings.

There were a few hiccups Tuesday. The smoke alarm went off in the courthouse Tuesday morning, prompting an evacuation. Luckily, it was just burnt toast and the all clear was given minutes later.

The media got its first look inside the courtroom around 2:30 p.m., when the judge let the two reporters in and allowed a video feed showing his bench, prosecutors and the defense.

Blog/Tweets From Courthouse
"He finally agreed that there could be two reporters in there this afternoon," Birk said. "No cameras or recording and observe as a pool, and tomorrow there will be four reporters as well as family from the victim and the defendant."

Judge Russell Healey said the trial could be completed by the end of next week.

Dunn is accused of first-degree murder in the Nov. 23, 2012, shooting death of 17-year-old Jordan Davis during what was described as a dispute over loud music coming from an SUV full of teenagers parked outside a Southside convenience store.

One hundred potential jurors were given a questionnaire Monday where they were asked a variety of things, including personal connection to law enforcement, feelings on gun control and if they have children.

By the time court ended Monday, 36 of those potential jurors were excused. More were excused in Tuesday morning's questioning: one who said she sympathized with Jordan Davis' mother; a second woman said her son listens to loud music and she was not sure she could could be fair.

All of the jurors come from different parts of Duval County and for at least the next week their home away from home will be the Duval County Courthouse.

Once the jury is selected they will be sequestered, meaning they will be kept away from any media that could influence them while on the jury.

The media had only been allowed to listen to audio of jury selection in a separate room. A hearing was held Tuesday afternoon to allow reasonable media access to the courtroom, and the judge said he would allow a video feed from a fixed monitor above the door of the courtroom. It will only show the judge, prosecutors and defense attorneys.

Audio still cannot be recorded.

The judge said the media committee must make a proposal of exactly what it wants as far as access and bring it back later Tuesday.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I wouldn't put it past them. They really don't care.
lol...It's not going to happen, man. There's too many non-whites in the city.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/020903/met_11700253.shtml

I'm not saying he won't get off...but the jury won't be all white. This isn't 1950 on some To Kill A Mockingbird shyt.

Dunn is scared that he's going to be railroaded by a biased jury if there are black people on it. http://www.news4jax.com/blob/view/-/22479326/data/1/-/14lcq0z/-/Dunn-letter-2-pdf.pdf :dead:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
lol...It's not going to happen, man. There's too many non-whites in the city.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/020903/met_11700253.shtml

I'm not saying he won't get off...but the jury won't be all white. This isn't 1950 on some To Kill A Mockingbird shyt.

Dunn is scared that he's going to be railroaded by a biased jury if there are black people on it. http://www.news4jax.com/blob/view/-/22479326/data/1/-/14lcq0z/-/Dunn-letter-2-pdf.pdf :dead:

"My fear is that if I get 1 black on the jury, it will be a mistrial, as I am convinced they will be racially biased."

835415360.gif

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Take a look at some of the excerpts from letters Dunn wrote to his family while in jail

Throw the book at him
50-cent-dance-o.gif

lol dude had a gun and pulled teh trigger yet the innocent black youth with no weapons is the one who got killed

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Although I found the TM saga and verdict distressing and disturbing, there were elements of the incident that worked in favor of a self defense plea. TM was beating up GZ moments before he shot him, and nobody knows exactly what happened in the exact moments that led to the physical confrontation. These facts filled the vacuum of self-defense.

In the Jordan Davis case, the defense rests on a completely false premise from the defendant....that one of the young men pointed a shotgun. Without that, what is his justification exactly? I know brothas have right to be cynical when it comes to the justice system, but as of now I cant possibly see an acquittal. It would be unfiltered jim crow jury nullification on purely racial terms. Even fox news and conservative media doesnt have the balls to get behind Dunn --- yet.

this should be a open and shut case, everyone was in their car, only one person had a gun, the car was driving off, jordan davis was shot hte back. This cac is just reaching and hoping his skin tone will get him off.

This is literally like me or you driving and someone cutting us off, we wind down our window and be like F U and stick our middle finger at them, then they shoot us when were driving away