Michael Dunn, killer of Jordan Davis trial thread

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's on point when it comes to the analysis of black issues and racial politics.

I hope that people aren't still getting on him for his relationship advice and his books.

I respect him to the fullest, I don't agree with some of the things he's done as far as teaching brothers how to manipulate women, but I'm not perfect either, and the brother is a very critical thinker and his shows provoke thought in others.

I'll check out tonights show.

:manny:

Same here I don't agree with him on everything. But I don't see what his opinion on black issues, that make especially nikkas hate on him.

Only person that I agree with 100% is Dr. Claude Anderson. shyt I don't even co-sign everything MLK did.

And no I'm not comparing MLK to Tariq. :stopitslime: For the nikkas who would take this out of context.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Same here I don't agree with him on everything. But I don't see what his opinion on black issues, that make especially nikkas hate on him.

Only person that I agree with 100% is Dr. Claude Anderson. shyt I don't even co-sign everything MLK did.

you'd have to be involved in the twitter scene to get a better understanding of the anti-tariq crowd.

he's anti-Black feminist, ONLY because the Black feminist movement is divisive, and all Black people should be working collectively towards defeating white supremacy, there are a lot of Black feminists who think their battle is with Black men, and it's problematic.

and there are tons of Black men defending these feminists, and I've noticed it's usually men doing it with ulterior motives in mind, they're trying to get in the good graces of these women to have sex with them.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
3fc4d28477d74aa0949e15f7ea88a918.jpg
This warms my heart a little, only because he'll have that same look when Jamaal and Cortez holler at him in prison

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you'd have to be involved in the twitter scene to get a better understanding of the anti-tariq crowd.

he's anti-Black feminist, ONLY because the Black feminist movement is divisive, and all Black people should be working collectively towards defeating white supremacy, there are a lot of Black feminists who think their battle is with Black men, and it's problematic.

and there are tons of Black men defending these feminists, and I've noticed it's usually men doing it with ulterior motives in mind, they're trying to get in the good graces of these women to have sex with them.

I wasn't 100% with him on his opinion of Black Feminist, until I saw this during Super Bowl week.

Here is Richard Sherman who has been labeled a thug by white people for having a rightful emotion after winning a game. So, instead of this black feminist standing in support of Richard Sherman against the white media. She try to ask a question that would throw the brotha under the bus even more. :camby:

It was exactly what Tariq was talking about in regards to black feminist helping white supremacy.

Last edited:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here is Richard Sherman who has been labeled a thug by white people for having a rightful emotion after winning a game. So, instead of this black feminist standing in support of Richard Sherman against the white media. She try to ask a question that would throw the brotha under the bus even more.

Just because he's black with dreds he isn't supposed to emote. Not to mention no one mentions Crabtree mushed him in the face 30 seconds before that interview.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
is there any legal expert who can create a logical explanation for why he was honestly defending himself from jordan, but tried to murder 3 people?
See my last post in in this thread talking about how this thing further erodes the duty to retreat. I touched on the ridiculous hypothetical one could craft there.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I wasn't 100% with him on his opinion of Black Feminist, until I saw this during Super Bowl week.

Here is Richard Sherman who has been labeled a thug by white people for having a rightful emotion after winning a game. So, instead of this black feminist standing in support of Richard Sherman against the white media. She try to ask a question that would throw the brotha under the bus even more. :camby:

It was exactly what Tariq was talking about in regards to black feminist helping white supremacy.

this is a perfect example, I couldn't believe she came at him with that foolishness.

:wow:

bigDeeOT

Banned
Daps
Why do we only make a commotion about black life being taken by a racist, but not when its taken by another brother?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Why do we only make a commotion about black life being taken by a racist, but not when its taken by another brother?

who is this "we"

:patrice:

when a brother kills a brother, he's caught, sentenced and sent away

Michael Dunn killed a brother went to trial and didn't even get charged with the murder he committed.

:usure:

I know you're trolling and that's fine but there are actual people who seriously want to know the same thing.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
While I do take solace knowing this piece of shyt will spend the majority of the rest of his life in jail, the fact that he was not charged with murder is just another slap in the face for us - black males. When I was young I used to wonder why the national media never seemed to have huge stories about missing, young black girls. Typically the news would always have some "white girl missing" story that would last a few weeks or months, but I never saw black girls on this. I knew black girls were getting kidnapped, I'd see the reports on my local news reports. But nationally, no coverage.

But what I didn't understand as a kid or teen is that black life is not cherished or respected, as white life is. And it's not just white people who don't cherish black life - we don't cherish our own lives, we continue to kill ourselves or other blacks, etc.

When these cases come up, the automatic response is victim blaming. Oh, he was wearing a hoodie. Or in this case: he'd still be alive if he wasn't listening to music so loud. These are automatic thoughts for many white people. "Racism couldn't possibly be the answer, after all we have a black president...therefore it must be the hoodie, the music, the tinted windows, the sagging pants, etc"

But consider this brehs: we're also bred to think like whites, with respect to the negative perception of black males. When I was young, my mom told me not to touch shyt in stores if I wasn't buying. My mom wouldn't let me wear hoodies at night. My mom told me if a cop pulls me over, I had to keep my hands on the wheel and not move until told to. I was bred from a young age to act like a suspect 24/7, as are millions of black boys. This mentality doesn't just impact us, it impacts whites.

This shyt is going to keep happening, and let's not forget the other perception: we're caking off the white man's hard work, we're takers not makers, etc. So whenever these stories come up there are more than a few white people who automatically think "who cares, he was a thug/taker/Medicaid/welfare."