Michael B Jordan: "We don't have any Black mythology or Folklore"

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Thanks for this.
I really am in disbelief that folks are searching all around the world for black mythology when we have it right here in front of us on American soil.
Mythology came about from real people that did extraordinary/superhuman things of whom got venerated in later generations. Tubman is our black Moses. We can start mythologizing her as a prophet.

Tubman was called out by God to free his anointed sons, the first people of the Earth (black people) from the hands of the descendants of the devil (white people).
Tubman carried an anointed rod (rifle) that performed miracles (killed white people) and turned stones into bread and fish (to feed the runaways).
The rod also provided Tubman and the anointed sons with a cloak of invisibility.
Every night, Tubman directly spoke with God and God aligned the stars to direct her and his people to the land of milk and honey (Canada).
Unlike that other prophet that preceded her (Moses), God gave Tubman the courage to return to the land of captivity to free the anointed sons of God, over and over and over again.
Because of this, she was essentially greater than that old Hebrew prophet Moses, because she not only continuously returned to the land of captivity, God allowed her to not only see, but enter the Promised Land, something that Moses was not permitted to do.

Ma' Tubman - The Breaker of Chains
BN-NZ547_ht0512_G_20160512083822.jpg

Harriet%2BTubman%2Bby%2BAaron%2BDouglas.jpg

Reading this vibrated a strong sense of pride within me. Imagine teaching this to our kids from jump :mjcry::wow:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
If he referring to fantasy, he ain't digging enough. Redguards from TES elder scrolls series is the coolest people i've come across in the entire fantasy genre. And the next TES game going to be in Hammerfell too so i'm going to get an entire game immersing myself in the world of my favorite fantasy race.

tumblr_ob921x9Fy61rml4zno2_1280.jpg

Oh word??? :ohhh::ohhh::feedme:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Reading this vibrated a strong sense of pride within me. Imagine teaching this to our kids from jump :mjcry::wow:

It should! These are the bedtime stories we should be telling our children while they are young.

And think of the pride they’ll feel when they grow up and realize, oh shyt, that magical person in that bedtime story daddy used to read to me when I was young was a real person.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Read the article. It literally states he wished there were more stories about about black historical figures such as Mansa Musa and Fred Hampton. Stop reading just the quote or headline, read where it came from!

Vanity Fair did a terrible editing job with that quote.

Nah, they got the effect they were looking for. It's terrible for us but great for them.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what's up. Now do we have more?

I remember there was a female black futurist author that was mentioned here.

Basically I'm trying to get a list going on here.

EDIT: Ok that black female futurist was Octavia Butler. :russ::mjlol:

But here's a list > 5 Black Women Authors Everyone Should Be Reading
  • N.K. Jemisin (already mentioned)
  • Octavia Butler
  • Kiini Ibura Salaam
  • Sharise B. Moore
  • Jewelle Gomez
  • Sheree Renee Thomas
  • Alexis Deveaux
No Nnedi Okorafor?:wtf:

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
All these people are referencing Marvel/DC characters like white people didnt event them. Or Anansi etc. which are from the motherland

Every mythos black america creates gets stripped from us and white washed for some cac kids. I think thats what MBJ was referring to. Us not have our own stories in America.
Fam, are you Ameribrehs even aware that Robert Johnson's crossroads meeting with the devil who taught him the blues in 1 or 3 nights is mythology? :gucci:
What do you mean you don't have your own stories? :gucci: Man, I just can't.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Thanks for this.
I really am in disbelief that folks are searching all around the world for black mythology when we have it right here in front of us on American soil.
Mythology came about from real people that did extraordinary/superhuman things of whom got venerated in later generations. Tubman is our black Moses. We can start mythologizing her as a prophet.

Tubman was called out by God to free his anointed sons, the first people of the Earth (black people) from the hands of the descendants of the devil (white people).
Tubman carried an anointed rod (rifle) that performed miracles (killed white people) and turned stones into bread and fish (to feed the runaways).
The rod also provided Tubman and the anointed sons with a cloak of invisibility.
Every night, Tubman directly spoke with God and God aligned the stars to direct her and his people to the land of milk and honey (Canada).
Unlike that other prophet that preceded her (Moses), God gave Tubman the courage to return to the land of captivity to free the anointed sons of God, over and over and over again.
Because of this, she was essentially greater than that old Hebrew prophet Moses, because she not only continuously returned to the land of captivity, God allowed her to not only see, but enter the Promised Land, something that Moses was not permitted to do.

Ma' Tubman - The Breaker of Chains
BN-NZ547_ht0512_G_20160512083822.jpg

Harriet%2BTubman%2Bby%2BAaron%2BDouglas.jpg

This is the weirdest thread I've seen in here this year breh.

Crossroads blues with Robert Jonhson, John the trickster who'd outwit the slave master in the plantation, people can even create a myth of a black boy that survived the alligator black baby feeding horror.