Michael B Jordan: "We don't have any Black mythology or Folklore"

Daps
There are plenty of tales we can mine from our experiences in America. But, as we saw when Nate Parker tried, they don't want those stories told. And a lot of our "sisters" joined the effort to sabotage his effort.:francis:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Basically.

Also, AADOS spirituality, beliefs and healing remedies are strongly tied to our Folklore.

Folk beliefs of the southern Negro : Puckett, Newbell Niles : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Thanks for this.
I really am in disbelief that folks are searching all around the world for black mythology when we have it right here in front of us on American soil.
Mythology came about from real people that did extraordinary/superhuman things of whom got venerated in later generations. Tubman is our black Moses. We can start mythologizing her as a prophet.

Tubman was called out by God to free his anointed sons, the first people of the Earth (black people) from the hands of the descendants of the devil (white people).
Tubman carried an anointed rod (rifle) that performed miracles (killed white people) and turned stones into bread and fish (to feed the runaways).
The rod also provided Tubman and the anointed sons with a cloak of invisibility.
Every night, Tubman directly spoke with God and God aligned the stars to direct her and his people to the land of milk and honey (Canada).
Unlike that other prophet that preceded her (Moses), God gave Tubman the courage to return to the land of captivity to free the anointed sons of God, over and over and over again.
Because of this, she was essentially greater than that old Hebrew prophet Moses, because she not only continuously returned to the land of captivity, God allowed her to not only see, but enter the Promised Land, something that Moses was not permitted to do.

Ma' Tubman - The Breaker of Chains
BN-NZ547_ht0512_G_20160512083822.jpg

Harriet%2BTubman%2Bby%2BAaron%2BDouglas.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol. You are average. Pitiful.

Whether if it applies or not, the majority are average.... So with that being said.. I’ll play... what measurement can you give us to show how you are better than the average brother...... I’m sure your response will be petulant type bullshyt but let’s see what happens... :pachaha:

RedNation

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The 10th Planet
I tried to google but didnt get anything breh:feedme:

I got ya breh. The concept of the LongChains was from Lupes new album Drogas Waves. They were basically the spirits of slaves murdered during the middle passage, come to life and they attacked and destroyed slave ships regularly. I have to give him props for it, the concept is one of the more interesting things he's done.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
There are plenty of tales we can mine from our experiences in America. But, as we saw when Nate Parker tried, they don't want those stories told. And a lot of our "sisters" joined the effort to sabotage his effort.:francis:

Please stop.

A white woman was allegedly raped, Nate got off -- then that same White woman went on to commit suicide years later. White people/White women were the biggest sabotagers -- not "sisters."

Truth be told -- that movie should have been shelved for another time/later date -- and given to another Black American actor/director. I would have said Spike Lee -- a few years ago - but I want to see new talent.

Nate Parker is/was disconnected from the Black community/entertainment/culture -- and added ish to the film and story that was not true -- nor necessary.

And to keep it real -- he didn't add the things that really should have been shared - instead of adding fake stuff. White people and Nat Turner have enough real history to be adding false information/narratives to a "bio" film.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime: Be real, they (white society) don't consider ancient Egypt as black. Every year a new "research" paper is released about how ancient Egyptians were more European than black, so fukk em they can have that shyt.

:what:

So you just gonna give away your history cause white people stole it?

You either white or the dumbest black person alive. I'm going with white cause even the dumbest nikka on earth ain't gonna say what you just said.

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Out of touch. Books have been posted on here, but there is also the new Afro Mythology novel by Nigerian-American novelist Tomi Adeyemi called Children Blood and Bone that has begun to make waves in the mainstream

220px-Children_of_Blood_and_Bone.jpg

Children of Blood and Bone is a young adult fantasy novel by Nigerian-American novelist Tomi Adeyemi, published on March 6, 2018, by Henry **** Books for Young Readers. The story follows Zélie Adebola, who sets out on a task to restore magic in the country of Orïsha. It is Adeyemi's debut novel and the first book in a planned trilogy. Children of Blood and Bone was highly anticipated and debuted at number one on The New York Times best-seller list for young adult books.

Adeyemi has said the idea for the novel came after a trip to Brazil, describing: "I was in a gift shop there and the African gods and goddesses were depicted in such a beautiful and sacred way ... it really made me think about all the beautiful images we never see featuring black people". Another thing that affected her writing process was the backlashing against the black characters in the film The Hunger Games. Adeyemi drew inspiration from Yoruba culture and Western fantasy fiction like Harry Potter and Avatar: The Last Airbender and from both West African mythology and the Black Lives Matter movement. She also cited the books Shadowshaper and An Ember in the Ashes as primary inspirations.[1][2][3]

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
If he referring to fantasy, he ain't digging enough. Redguards from TES elder scrolls series is the coolest people i've come across in the entire fantasy genre. And the next TES game going to be in Hammerfell too so i'm going to get an entire game immersing myself in the world of my favorite fantasy race.

tumblr_ob921x9Fy61rml4zno2_1280.jpg