Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Walter Mosley > Coogler Brothers....

Hell I couldve wrote Creed III. Made Damian geaux to jail for beating his abusive stepfather half to death after he caught him beating on his mother. He gets to juvie and meets Creed in passing and young Creed sees him knocking people out. They never fought officially but became sparring partners. Creed gets out and lives life. Damian sees life after not being saved and becomes a criminal for survival fighting in underground fights. He gets popped for illegal gambling etc. Does more time. Gets out and starts his Sonny Liston career. He name drop Creed. Talking heads on ESPN asks him if they were to box would he beat CREED? He confidently says yes. Meanwhile while Creed is contemplating retiring, Rocky talks to him about dodging that 1 last fight. Creed buys into the hype machine and boom they fight.

The shyt isnt hard. Creed was from Philly in Creed 1 and now he a Cali cat???? Correct me if Im wrong. The Cooglerstay in Cali dikk and its gets old. Thats like every fukking movie I make is set in Louisiana. Move around man. Then the whole gimmick of the lil girl being deaf and killing off his "Mama" ..the shyt reads like throw away content from Black Panther.

than go write a movie or for TV breh......the fukk? :mjlol: :mjlol:

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. These new negroes in Hollywood cant direct and damn sure cant write. Gen x and Baby Boomers did it right for black hollywood. Imma whole nerd saying this. Michael B. Jordan aitm got what it takes to direct or even be apart of wroting meetings for screenplays. There is a reason why anime stays animated and not funneled into live action cinema.

But like I said before, blacks have been left out of creatove educational classes, so when we finally could run with the whites, we show how amateur our films were, even with a big budget. Its not our fault tho and we will get better with time. But right now we are regressing quick fast from all the hardwork Spike and John did.

Creed 3 was that bad huh?.....but what about House Party? Also a first time black director....black writers....popular franchise...

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Yall in here doing the most and this shyt wasn't even better than 2. :unimpressed:

Give a nikka something to watch on a Friday night and they set though :francis:

The way the final fight was "anime-fied" is precisely why that nikka was called corny in school.

The references were one thing (and even kinda cool) but the way the final fight was rushed for that bullshyt was weak

It was better because it wasn't white centric. It was Black centric. Without the usual Hollywood foolishness that gets tacked onto Black stories.

And it was rooted in actual meaningful conflict revolving around two friends that had a serious falling out and fought each other in the ring. As opposed to some generic opponent that had no purpose other than to serve as a 2 dimensional villain for the protagonist which is usually how these films go.

And the praise for Rocky which was a pro white anti Black fantasy franchise combined with the slander against Creed from some is 100% :mjpls:

Exactly. These new negroes in Hollywood cant direct and damn sure cant write. Gen x and Baby Boomers did it right for black hollywood. Imma whole nerd saying this. Michael B. Jordan aitm got what it takes to direct or even be apart of wroting meetings for screenplays. There is a reason why anime stays animated and not funneled into live action cinema.

But like I said before, blacks have been left out of creatove educational classes, so when we finally could run with the whites, we show how amateur our films were, even with a big budget. Its not our fault tho and we will get better with time. But right now we are regressing quick fast from all the hardwork Spike and John did.

Black people can direct as well as the talentless cacs that get jobs in Hollywood that they're definitely unqualified for but get anyway due to white favoritism.

And Spike is in his mid 60's still doing the same shtick and John is gone so it's time for new directors and MBJ et al are demonstrating that they're fully capable of doing movies that other Black directors refused to do instead preferring to do pointless hood movies.

Also a new director in their debut box office movie doing $100 million worldwide with a highly rated film is extremely rare and indicative of their talent.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
It was better because it wasn't white centric. It was Black centric. Without the usual Hollywood foolishness that gets tacked onto Black stories.

And it was rooted in actual meaningful conflict revolving around two friends that had a serious falling out and fought each other in the ring. As opposed to some generic opponent that had no purpose other than to serve as a 2 dimensional villain for the protagonist which is usually how these films go.

And the praise for Rocky which was a pro white anti Black fantasy franchise combined with the slander against Creed from some is 100% :mjpls:

Black people can direct as well as the talentless cacs that get jobs in Hollywood that they're definitely unqualified for but get anyway due to white favoritism.

And Spike is in his mid 60's still doing the same shtick and John is gone so it's time for new directors and MBJ et al are demonstrating that they're fully capable of doing movies that other Black directors refused to do instead preferring to do pointless hood movies.

Also a new director in their debut box office movie doing $100 million worldwide with a highly rated film is extremely rare and indicative of their talent.
Its not indicative. The movie was sold on the premise on blackness. We will move the moon and the stars to sbowcase our blackness. Thats why Blaxplotation was abke to survive...ine of the reasons.

The fact that youncannot clearly see that black folks in the country have been fed so much mediocrity, we confuse bad art with great art simply on blackness and then boast about its greatness due to ignorance.

We do not know any better when it comes to the arts outside music and literature. We are just now starting to understand fine art.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
There was good material in there and some great aspects to the story like the friend conflict resolution thing.
However this movie was edited terribly. And the final fight although it went left creatively wasn't that bad just felt Rushed. Also was a lil Corny. Majors did his thing though. Also the twist of the dude attacking Drago was telegraphed. Still the movie was decent but overall the weakest of the 3.

Last edited:
Daps
Super cliche. Corny. Predictable. Bad acting. Bad cuts. Etc and somehow i still liked this shyt :dahell: :mjlol:
I agree with you on it being corny and predictable, but you really thought the acting was bad? Who would you say had the weakest performance?

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
I agree with you on it being corny and predictable, but you really thought the acting was bad? Who would you say had the weakest performance?

I think majors did really good. But Adonis wife was the weakest to me. But i think it also has to do with thr cliche artsy character she was playing