Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Black excellence doesn't need cacs to make it good :mjpls:

As for the film it actually had serious stakes since it was built on friends who fell out with one another having to fight each other.

As opposed to the Rocky franchise which was literally built on a random cac defeating Black boxers so cacs can feel better about themselves. :mjpls:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Yea....this movie was trash. Anti climatic and the writing....my god...I knew he had a dumbass negro on the script. The plot holes that made 0 sense.....and someone needs to get them Coogler negros outta cinema and movoe production. :mjtf:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
finally saw this one, they fukked the trilogy up low key with this one. Majors was killing it but his character and the plot was pretty stupid.

Dame getting a title shot for no reason was so goddamn ridiculous. Atleast when Creed got a shot there was a little merit to it…

He beat the 4th ranked fighter in his division and he carried the name of the most famous boxer in history. It’s like Ali’s son beating a contender and then getting propelled to a title fight. I can somewhat believe that.

But Dame’s shyt was just dumb. And his hands weren’t even that nice, he was an awkward ass fighter. But maybe that was intentional

Last edited:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
liked it,but I thought dame was going to be a great boxer, like Tyson level good. I feel it would have made his situation even more tragic and understand why he hates creed. Instead he’s an ok fighter and I understand he could have lost his mojo in prison but I didn’t like it. His skill level makes it seems if he didn’t get locked up he wouldn’t have gotten far anyway as a fighter because his dirty tactics would haven gotten his career bushed. I did like how he moved in the film tho. Like a weasel, like he’s constantly tensed and on high alert, like manners of someone who’s been locked up for 18 years.

That’s what got me too. I’m thinking he was going to be a legendary fighter who just never got a shot. But when I finally saw him fight, dude was regular as hell…to be real Felix Chavez should have packed his ass up

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it the other day. Dre sounded godly on the big screen.

It was a well shot movie. Mbj has a good future as a director. I sympathized more with Dame and I was hoping he would beat his ass like Drago did. Once Donnie got old enough he should have reached out to Dame. He was foul for that. Movie probably would have worked better as a two part movie. I liked everything else though

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Why the hell do they release movies so soon on streaming? It has literally been less than a month since it's release.
This is a good thing. It only made $5MM this weekend since this month is stacked with new releases. I saw it in theaters opening weekend already own n the UHD digital. The collector in me likes these condensed windows. Give people a choice.

shyt some universal studios movies come out after 17 days

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Yall in here doing the most and this shyt wasn't even better than 2. :unimpressed:

Give a nikka something to watch on a Friday night and they set though :francis:

The way the final fight was "anime-fied" is precisely why that nikka was called corny in school.

The references were one thing (and even kinda cool) but the way the final fight was rushed for that bullshyt was weak

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:you should see some of the more recent episodes of Snowfall hes written, straight strash.
Walter Mosley > Coogler Brothers....

Hell I couldve wrote Creed III. Made Damian geaux to jail for beating his abusive stepfather half to death after he caught him beating on his mother. He gets to juvie and meets Creed in passing and young Creed sees him knocking people out. They never fought officially but became sparring partners. Creed gets out and lives life. Damian sees life after not being saved and becomes a criminal for survival fighting in underground fights. He gets popped for illegal gambling etc. Does more time. Gets out and starts his Sonny Liston career. He name drop Creed. Talking heads on ESPN asks him if they were to box would he beat CREED? He confidently says yes. Meanwhile while Creed is contemplating retiring, Rocky talks to him about dodging that 1 last fight. Creed buys into the hype machine and boom they fight.

The shyt isnt hard. Creed was from Philly in Creed 1 and now he a Cali cat???? Correct me if Im wrong. The Cooglerstay in Cali dikk and its gets old. Thats like every fukking movie I make is set in Louisiana. Move around man. Then the whole gimmick of the lil girl being deaf and killing off his "Mama" ..the shyt reads like throw away content from Black Panther.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Yall in here doing the most and this shyt wasn't even better than 2. :unimpressed:

Give a nikka something to watch on a Friday night and they set though :francis:

The way the final fight was "anime-fied" is precisely why that nikka was called corny in school.

The references were one thing (and even kinda cool) but the way the final fight was rushed for that bullshyt was weak
Exactly. These new negroes in Hollywood cant direct and damn sure cant write. Gen x and Baby Boomers did it right for black hollywood. Imma whole nerd saying this. Michael B. Jordan aitm got what it takes to direct or even be apart of wroting meetings for screenplays. There is a reason why anime stays animated and not funneled into live action cinema.

But like I said before, blacks have been left out of creatove educational classes, so when we finally could run with the whites, we show how amateur our films were, even with a big budget. Its not our fault tho and we will get better with time. But right now we are regressing quick fast from all the hardwork Spike and John did.