Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man watching Creed 1 again, it's surprising MBJ dropped all the accurate boxing details that helped the film standout. I still feel this series missed a chance to tell the story of how it feels to be at the top a parallel to Rocky 3

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my-image.png

Creed 3 C tier.

I'd say Creed 3 is B and 2 is C

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
One thing I think some people are overlooking is that Dame did NOT do 18 years solely because of what happened between him and Donny.

Dame admitted in the diner that he did other shyt while in prison that added on to his sentence.

Overall I really enjoyed the film and MBJ had legit directing chops. I DO feel that the film needed an extra 15 mins to flesh things out between Dame and Donny and make Dame more menacing. Dame also needed a montage of him beating the shyt out of other challengers to make it more of a threat for Donny’s return because as it is he didn’t come off all that threatening except for his physique

The anime influences were amazing. I do the same thing in my work so to see MBJ throw in those nods and homages in a big screen tentpole film was very satisfying.

I also enjoyed the return of Drago as a sort of frenemy for Donny. They handled that very well.

I’m giving the film an 8.5/10. Extremely entertaining. Excellent acting. Fight scenes were on POINT. Jonathon Majors did a great job with an underserved character. I thought that Donny’s “mom” dying was a little too cliche and unnecessary. I enjoyed Donny’s scenes with his daughter but I felt there should have been some payoff with showing him actually train her (I bet there’s some deleted scenes or a director’s cut that shows this) and again, Dame needed more screen time to flesh out his character.

MBJ has a bright future as a director. I’m proud of the brother

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Something I just thought about. It’s clear Majors had a calculated plan in order to get his title shot. With that said how do we know he really just got out the pen. For all we know he’s been out for a while already and just been planning until the time was right to set the plan in motion. The finesse was educated too flawlessly for it to be only 1 week since he got out

He had ALOT of time behind those walls to think of a plan

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m with the crowd that this really should have been two movies with modifications to the story where it makes sense.

Unfortunately, it just seems when it comes to movies with black actors, they take it one movie at a time. Therefore, this has to be a story with a beginning and ending.

I just think it had so much more potential then being a “fast & furious” style boxing movie.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
They were definitely villians? Why? Because they made you love Rocky:wow:. Rocky movies simply made Rocky a saint,and the villians act like bullys to the passive champ.

And that is a problem these Creed movies are going to have to work on. The first one was great at making Adonis likeable. But 2 and 3 dont really go above and beyond to make Creed a nice guy. They even give you reasons not to like him.They just expect you to root for him because hes Creed. And so far its worked,but it gets more dicey if you are going to have characters like Dame with a backstory you can sympathize with. If Drago was black, and wasnt named Drago,I mightve been compelled to not root for Creed in the last movie too:mjlol:

The Rocky movies did a much better job at building their villians up as an immovable force. I honestly like both methods. But respect Creed doesnt do it exactly how Rocky did. Although I think showing Dame being dominant as champ wouldve helped this movie. They only showed him dominate sparring partners lol. I guess thats where realism kicks in,champion boxers arent fighting once a month anymore

If we’re being real Donny was a straight up a##hole in the last two movies. In Creed 3 alone he caused his boy to get arrested and didn’t write or visit him once in damn near 20 years. Then he put the blame on his mama for his own b#tchassness after she had a stroke, and that stress probably led to her her having another one. Then on top of all of that he was hard headed and didn’t listen to Duke, because he thought he knew better and ended up getting his gym’s top fighter hurt. All Diamond Dame did was try to get revenge for being wronged.

The only redeeming quality Donny had is his relationship with his daughter, because other than that I wanted to see Dame put Donny next Apollo.