Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
Finally got around to watching, it’s definitely the weakest out of the 3 Creed films. I could write an essay about it but imma keep it high level.

- Dame was wasted as foil, his style gave us something that we never saw in Rocky antagonist before

- The daughter subplot went nowhere, like others have said too much time was spent on the fam to the detriment of Dame

- Ending was a letdown and copy/pasted too much from Creed 2

- TOO MUCH ANIME, I love anime but you could tell Jordan was watching Hajime no Ippo when directing. I can literally point out every scene he copied in the final

Overall too formulaic and it didn’t have the emotional weight like 1 or 2 did. Creed 3 could’ve been the Rocky 1 & 2 using Creed 4 to continue this story as it would’ve benefited from a longer runtime.
michael b jordan training in the streets running with the dirt bikers while meek mill was playing > creed 2 and 3 combined

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
- Wood Harris is criminally underrated
-great to see a WHOLE black family together on screen
- I gotta start working out
- could have done without Stephen A
- brehito folded kinda quick after they hyped him up like he was Muhammad Mayweather Tyson

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing other than they were pointless,and everytime she was on screen I wanted more Dame and Adonis. The little girl wasnt even used as some source of inspiration later in the movie like Rockys son was in Rocky5. And yes,I know her getting attacked at school was so we could later find out Adonis got attacked at a group home. So thats the reason he wants to teach her to fight. But sadly we all know the real reason:

I had this same feeling in the pit of my stomach. And that will be the end of the Rocky franchise as we know it. Nobody,and I mean nobody wants to see a deaf girl fighting and signing through a whole movie,making us read subtitles:martin:
When baby girl Creed beats Ronda Rousey for the belt in Creed 4 :wow:

Daps
I haven’t seen it mentioned, but I think Coogler did a great job using Donnie’s survivor guilt to explain the dynamic between Dame and Donny. There’s’ never an explicit talk about it; but think about it
-Dame did a bid for 18 years
-Dame got in trouble for pulling a gun to save Addonis’ hot headed ass
-then the person who he saves runs off. Donny staying is either no charges filed a way less severe sentence because it was in his defense
-then not a single damn letter or visit
-and I feel like Dame would have excused the no letters as a kid if Donnie had tried to reach out as an adult or at least once he made it as a boxer, tried to reach out to him

So, Donny’s actions make a lot of sense when Dame gets out. And honestly given all that, Dame was a damn perfect gentleman for not whooping Donny’s ass on sight.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I haven’t seen it mentioned, but I think Coogler did a great job using Donnie’s survivor guilt to explain the dynamic between Dame and Donny. There’s’ never an explicit talk about it; but think about it
-Dame did a bid for 18 years
-Dame got in trouble for pulling a gun to save Addonis’ hot headed ass
-then the person who he saves runs off. Donny staying is either no charges filed a way less severe sentence because it was in his defense
-then not a single damn letter or visit
-and I feel like Dame would have excused the no letters as a kid if Donnie had tried to reach out as an adult or at least once he made it as a boxer, tried to reach out to him

So, Donny’s actions make a lot of sense when Dame gets out. And honestly given all that, Dame was a damn perfect gentleman for not whooping Donny’s ass on sight.

Coogler or Michael B Jordan?:jbhmm:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
18 years is a long ass time lol....they should have just had him shoot Leon

Also, there was no need to have him be so old. Majors is younger than MBJ in real life anyway. They should have had him come home after 14-15 years. That way they would have been early thirties. Could have had Dame fight a bunch of people in this time period, then go into him fighting Chavez-Guerrero and then Donny. But its minor complaints. It's still an 8 out of 10 movie to me :manny:

You don’t even have to do that to have a more reasonable story. Just don’t have Benavidez be the UNDISPUTED world champ. He has three of the belts, but someone else has the fourth. Majors is giving Benavidez hella work in sparring and word travels fast in boxing. Majors has about 10 fights shown via a quick montage. He’s ends up an emergency replacement to fight for the title on some Terrence Crawford/Breidis Prescott shyt. He beats dude ass, and then pulls the 180 on Creed. Benavidez don’t want that work after those sparring sessions, so he drops the belts… and the last fight is then for all the belts just like in Creed III. :yeshrug: