Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
They were definitely villians? Why? Because they made you love Rocky:wow:. Rocky movies simply made Rocky a saint,and the villians act like bullys to the passive champ.

And that is a problem these Creed movies are going to have to work on. The first one was great at making Adonis likeable. But 2 and 3 dont really go above and beyond to make Creed a nice guy. They even give you reasons not to like him.They just expect you to root for him because hes Creed. And so far its worked,but it gets more dicey if you are going to have characters like Dame with a backstory you can sympathize with. If Drago was black, and wasnt named Drago,I mightve been compelled to not root for Creed in the last movie too:mjlol:

The Rocky movies did a much better job at building their villians up as an immovable force. I honestly like both methods. But respect Creed doesnt do it exactly how Rocky did. Although I think showing Dame being dominant as champ wouldve helped this movie. They only showed him dominate sparring partners lol. I guess thats where realism kicks in,champion boxers arent fighting once a month anymore

Rocky movies are cac fantasy films where he's pitted against Black men for the first three ones to make cacs feel better by showing him beating Black men in what is considered their area of superiority.

Which is why cacs are furious everytime Mayweather wins against anyone not Black. Even if they're filipino. Which also explains why they rioted for days when Jack Johnson defeated some cac over 100 years ago.

And there was nothing to "like" about Rocky because he was a cac. Because what serious problems did he have?

Also cacs are never the underdog in the US. :mjlol:

Whereas any Black man in the US is automatically the underdog so anything they accomplish is extraordinary by definition.

So the original Creed and Clubber Lang should have been the good guys and the underdogs but they were in a cac movie so they were made the villains and not the underdog :mjpls:

And moving forward that's what the Creed films should do for him. Show him as the obvious underdog who succeeds despite the odds.

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Finally got around to watching, it’s definitely the weakest out of the 3 Creed films. I could write an essay about it but imma keep it high level.

- Dame was wasted as foil, his style gave us something that we never saw in Rocky antagonist before

- The daughter subplot went nowhere, like others have said too much time was spent on the fam to the detriment of Dame

- Ending was a letdown and copy/pasted too much from Creed 2

- TOO MUCH ANIME, I love anime but you could tell Jordan was watching Hajime no Ippo when directing. I can literally point out every scene he copied in the final

Overall too formulaic and it didn’t have the emotional weight like 1 or 2 did. Creed 3 could’ve been the Rocky 1 & 2 using Creed 4 to continue this story as it would’ve benefited from a longer runtime.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:manny:

He said he had a few priors, then got some years tacked on in jail.

18 years is a long ass time lol....they should have just had him shoot Leon

Also, there was no need to have him be so old. Majors is younger than MBJ in real life anyway. They should have had him come home after 14-15 years. That way they would have been early thirties. Could have had Dame fight a bunch of people in this time period, then go into him fighting Chavez-Guerrero and then Donny. But its minor complaints. It's still an 8 out of 10 movie to me :manny:

Smokee Robinson

All Star
Daps
Saw it this weekend .. Creed 3 is up there with the first Creed to me. It’s not a perfect movie but MBJ did his thing as director and them choosing to have it LA focused with out Rocky or Philly let’s it stand on its own legs fully..
Those anime shots he did was dope af too :wow:

.. but if youre that Mexican fighter are you pissed off at Adonis for the fight he had with Dame or would you be there ringside rooting for Adonis

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What was wrong with her scenes?

Nothing other than they were pointless,and everytime she was on screen I wanted more Dame and Adonis. The little girl wasnt even used as some source of inspiration later in the movie like Rockys son was in Rocky5. And yes,I know her getting attacked at school was so we could later find out Adonis got attacked at a group home. So thats the reason he wants to teach her to fight. But sadly we all know the real reason:

They were planting seeds with that sub plot.

I can already see they're going to give the daughter a spin off (movie) on some streaming platform.

I had this same feeling in the pit of my stomach. And that will be the end of the Rocky franchise as we know it. Nobody,and I mean nobody wants to see a deaf girl fighting and signing through a whole movie,making us read subtitles:martin:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saw it this weekend .. Creed 3 is up there with the first Creed to me. It’s not a perfect movie but MBJ did his thing as director and them choosing to have it LA focused with out Rocky or Philly let’s it stand on its own legs fully..
Those anime shots he did was dope af too :wow:

.. but if youre that Mexican fighter are you pissed off at Adonis for the fight he had with Dame or would you be there ringside rooting for Adonis

Mexican fighter should definitely feel like he was setup:mjlol:. Curious to see if anything comes from that myself.

Finally got around to watching, it’s definitely the weakest out of the 3 Creed films. I could write an essay about it but imma keep it high level.

- Dame was wasted as foil, his style gave us something that we never saw in Rocky antagonist before

- The daughter subplot went nowhere, like others have said too much time was spent on the fam to the detriment of Dame

- Ending was a letdown and copy/pasted too much from Creed 2

- TOO MUCH ANIME, I love anime but you could tell Jordan was watching Hajime no Ippo when directing. I can literally point out every scene he copied in the final

Overall too formulaic and it didn’t have the emotional weight like 1 or 2 did. Creed 3 could’ve been the Rocky 1 & 2 using Creed 4 to continue this story as it would’ve benefited from a longer runtime.

Agreed on the emotion part. One thing they could learn from the Rocky series is that making Adonis reluctant to fight can raise the stakes and tension too. In damn near every Rocky movie he spent a portion of the movie not wanting to fight. I like they dont do that every film. But I do think this movie couldve been even better if Adonis was reluctant to fight Dame. And you just had Dame antagonizing him and his family. He couldve even went on t.v and made fun of the deaf daughter:wow:. At least all those scenes with her wouldve had a point. Adonis dont have to always want the smoke lol.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
I had this same feeling in the pit of my stomach. And that will be the end of the Rocky franchise as we know it. Nobody,and I mean nobody wants to see a deaf girl fighting and signing through a whole movie,making us read subtitles:martin:
Once they greenlight that project they'll prolly have her character learning how to speak.

If written correctly it could be a great project.

A female boxer honoring her dad's legacy and finding ways to maneuvering through life from the difficulties of communication.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Enjoyed it but

they should’ve/could’ve montaged Dame doing at least 10 fights before getting a title fight.

Steven A said Dame has been running down Adonis in the media, they should’ve showed that.

And he should’ve used SOME dirty tactics against Adonis

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once they greenlight that project they'll prolly have her character learning how to speak.

If written correctly it could be a great project.

A female boxer honoring her dad's legacy and finding ways to maneuvering through life from the difficulties of communication.

That wont change the fact shes deaf. How will she hear her boxing corner or the ref.

No,just no,dont you be one of those people who encourages this:damn:.

Smokee Robinson

All Star
Daps
Mexican fighter should definitely feel like he was setup:mjlol:. Curious to see if anything comes from that myself.

Agreed on the emotion part. One thing they could learn from the Rocky series is that making Adonis reluctant to fight can raise the stakes and tension too. In damn near every Rocky movie he spent a portion of the movie not wanting to fight. I like they dont do that every film. But I do think this movie couldve been even better if Adonis was reluctant to fight Dame. And you just had Dame antagonizing him and his family. He couldve even went on t.v and made fun of the deaf daughter:wow:. At least all those scenes with her wouldve had a point. Adonis dont have to always want the smoke lol.
:russ: :mjlol: I was laughing with my brother that the Mexican dude gotta feel played.. almost died in the ring, loses his belt to a random from prison who turns out to be a old friend of Adonis, then Creed comes back to put him down and seals his legacy as the GOAT..

I like the scenes with the deaf daughter and if they had Dame go to crazy with the antagonizing or making fun of the kid it would make you really hate him as a character.. i think this movie sets this up for Rocky 4 to have him a redemption arc because the audience was split on who to root for and kinda gave you a hero and antihero

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Yeah you really gotta suspend your belief to believe a dude that never even fought a pro fight can be locked down for nearly two decades (how is someone in prison 18 years for pointing a gun at someone?) then come and hang with the hw champ in his first fight, let alone send him to the hospital in an emphatic KO. Mike Tyson wasn't even that sharp out the bing for 4 years.

Last fight had some cool effects, but felt like it wasn't really high stakes after all and was just a regular fight... Especially when afterwards it's like "Meet at the spot tomorrow, cuz. We doing burrrgerrs?"

Movie was cool for someone directing their first flick. And I also like that this has the best actual boxing defense outta all the films
I think he was on probation or a repeat offender if I’m not mistaken. I do know the original sentence wasn’t actually 18 years, but he had some years tacked on for something he did in prison.