Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
These runtimes arent suited for these type of films. Unless its a spectacle like Avatar, Top Gun, or Endgame, todays audience isnt gonna be happy sitting and watching a Sports movie for 2 hours and 45 minutes...Babylon flopped and was almost 3 hours...

Yeah this movie was long enough. I felt the run time

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Overall a great movie, another really good "villain" in Dame, I was rooting for him majority of the movie.

Great story, music and direction was on point. I was slightly disappointed in the fights though, definitely felt like a step down from the last 2.

Will be watching again though and def interested in a Creed 4.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
I know it's a movie but it really took me out of it that an old dude fresh out of jail would beat the current heavyweight champ in devastating fashion and then take the former heavyweight champ to the last seconds of the last round.

What athletic commission would even sanction the first fight? :what:

Also how come Dame didn't use any of those dirty tricks in the last fight? They even said he was going to attack Creeds injuries but instead they just slug it out.

I know it's a movie so anything goes just pointing out plot holes
Yeah you really gotta suspend your belief to believe a dude that never even fought a pro fight can be locked down for nearly two decades (how is someone in prison 18 years for pointing a gun at someone?) then come and hang with the hw champ in his first fight, let alone send him to the hospital in an emphatic KO. Mike Tyson wasn't even that sharp out the bing for 4 years.

Last fight had some cool effects, but felt like it wasn't really high stakes after all and was just a regular fight... Especially when afterwards it's like "Meet at the spot tomorrow, cuz. We doing burrrgerrs?"

Movie was cool for someone directing their first flick. And I also like that this has the best actual boxing defense outta all the films

Last edited:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Another thing about the Creed franchise I dig is the opponents are three dimensional and not villains. Rocky wasn’t like that.
This is what I was telling my wife I really liked about the movie. Wasn't a "bad guy", just a bunch of flawed individuals that made some regrettable decisions that they thought were right at the time. Loved how they sat down and, regardless of how brief, addressed the trauma they went through together, acknowledging it wasn't either ones of their faults. MBJ did his thing directing this one and I look forward to seeing what he directs in the future.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Why isnt this stickied

Majors was supposed to be the villain but you kinda sympathethized with the character. He did 18 yrs in prison.

Btw that shyt doesn't even make sense. You'd only get 18 yrs if you comitted murder or something

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Why isnt this stickied

Majors was supposed to be the villain but you kinda sympathethized with the character. He did 18 yrs in prison.

Btw that shyt doesn't even make sense. You'd only get 18 yrs if you comitted murder or something
True but when you really think about it the Rocky franchise really didn't have villains. Mr. T was just a fighter hungry for his opportunity. Drago the same. He was pressured from his family and country. Tommy Gun too but he was just a dummy negatively influence by his manager.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
:manny:

He said he had a few priors, then got some years tacked on in jail.
They should've showed that in the movie. Not trying to cause dissent but I think mbj was scared of majors and didn't want him to steal the spotlight

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
Mediocre movie, Jonathan saved it from being complete ass.
this movie would of been awful without Jonathon. he saved the movie

how dame come out of prison to fighting the champion in 3 weeks lmao

this movie was unrelastic

the walkout music was mid af

can't compete with this banger from creed 1

had the whole theater jumpin

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
True but when you really think about it the Rocky franchise really didn't have villains. Mr. T was just a fighter hungry for his opportunity. Drago the same. He was pressured from his family and country. Tommy Gun too but he was just a dummy negatively influence by his manager.
I can see that, but Creed gave these opponents strong backstories and fleshed them out.

Rocky never did that, except with Mason Dixon.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They were definitely villians? Why? Because they made you love Rocky:wow:. Rocky movies simply made Rocky a saint,and the villians act like bullys to the passive champ.

And that is a problem these Creed movies are going to have to work on. The first one was great at making Adonis likeable. But 2 and 3 dont really go above and beyond to make Creed a nice guy. They even give you reasons not to like him.They just expect you to root for him because hes Creed. And so far its worked,but it gets more dicey if you are going to have characters like Dame with a backstory you can sympathize with. If Drago was black, and wasnt named Drago,I mightve been compelled to not root for Creed in the last movie too:mjlol:

The Rocky movies did a much better job at building their villians up as an immovable force. I honestly like both methods. But respect Creed doesnt do it exactly how Rocky did. Although I think showing Dame being dominant as champ wouldve helped this movie. They only showed him dominate sparring partners lol. I guess thats where realism kicks in,champion boxers arent fighting once a month anymore