Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Dame should have just been built up more...

Instead of his sparring sessions, he hooks up with some street dudes to get put on and slowly climbs up the HW ranks after being down 15 years, not 20 to make it slightly more believable...

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Dame should have just been built up more...

Instead of his sparring sessions, he hooks up with some street dudes to get put on and slowly climbs up the HW ranks after being down 15 years, not 20 to make it slightly more believable...
He wasn't even as skilled as Donnie. So it was just him being out matched.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps

I didn't find him scary at all. That was my gripe with the movie. I like the cartoon elements of the Rocky movies. This movie was just a basic boxing drama

And how do you do a Rocky movie without a epic training scene from either fighter?

Last edited:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Yeah you really gotta suspend your belief to believe a dude that never even fought a pro fight can be locked down for nearly two decades (how is someone in prison 18 years for pointing a gun at someone?) then come and hang with the hw champ in his first fight, let alone send him to the hospital in an emphatic KO. Mike Tyson wasn't even that sharp out the bing for 4 years.

Last fight had some cool effects, but felt like it wasn't really high stakes after all and was just a regular fight... Especially when afterwards it's like "Meet at the spot tomorrow, cuz. We doing burrrgerrs?"

Movie was cool for someone directing their first flick. And I also like that this has the best actual boxing defense outta all the films
They could've done so much more with Dame. I wonder if anyone involved in writing this knew that there have been actual Heavyweight pro fights in prison with actual inmates. They could have based Dame on James Scott's real story to build up his resume behind bars.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I think this really should of been a 2 part movie tbh. For me it just tried to fit in way too much that it felt like they didn't have time to explain it all:
Adonis' past
Dame's past
Adonis dealing with his family
Dame's rise to fame/infamy

IMO alot of it felt rushed to me like I would of liked seeing going more into Dame's past while he was in prison and actually watching Adonis rise up as well as how he kept in shape so much. Didn't really care for him getting out of prison then 5-6 months in a title fight. I feel that while the family relationship is important I would of liked if it was cut down to give us more insight on Adonis/Dame relationship. I enjoyed the movie though but I feel like the 1st Creed was the best one.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Finally got around to watching, it’s definitely the weakest out of the 3 Creed films. I could write an essay about it but imma keep it high level.

- Dame was wasted as foil, his style gave us something that we never saw in Rocky antagonist before

- The daughter subplot went nowhere, like others have said too much time was spent on the fam to the detriment of Dame

- Ending was a letdown and copy/pasted too much from Creed 2

- TOO MUCH ANIME, I love anime but you could tell Jordan was watching Hajime no Ippo when directing. I can literally point out every scene he copied in the final

Overall too formulaic and it didn’t have the emotional weight like 1 or 2 did. Creed 3 could’ve been the Rocky 1 & 2 using Creed 4 to continue this story as it would’ve benefited from a longer runtime.
The ending was so anticlimactic, also can someone explain WHY Creed was like “I have to stop him” like the terminator was coming after his whole family. He literally came out of retirement to beat this dudes ass for no reason. Who was Dame bothering after winning the belt? I know they had that confrontation on the beach but I don’t remember Dame making any long term threats

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
The ending was so anticlimactic, also can someone explain WHY Creed was like “I have to stop him” like the terminator was coming after his whole family. He literally came out of retirement to beat this dudes ass for no reason. Who was Dame bothering after winning the belt? I know they had that confrontation on the beach but I don’t remember Dame making any long term threats
To be honest for me Dame's whole beef with Adonis seemed weak. That was definitely something that should of been explained more. But even then I doubt they could truly justify Dame's beef with Adonis to the point where it seemed like it made sense. I get that dude lost 18+ years of his life and lost contact with Adonis but after he got out of jail and reconnected with Adonis who went above and beyond to accommodate Dame. Dude put his reputation on the line to get Dame a title fight and then Dame pulls all that bullshyt (breaking Drago's hand and fighting dirty). Dame was on some bytch shyt thinking somebody owe him something. fukk outta here. I would understand if Adonis killed someobody and then Dame took the fall for that but Dame was the one that pulled the gun out that got him locked up.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be honest for me Dame's whole beef with Adonis seemed weak. That was definitely something that should of been explained more. But even then I doubt they could truly justify Dame's beef with Adonis to the point where it seemed like it made sense. I get that dude lost 18+ years of his life and lost contact with Adonis but after he got out of jail and reconnected with Adonis who went above and beyond to accommodate Dame. Dude put his reputation on the line to get Dame a title fight and then Dame pulls all that bullshyt (breaking Drago's hand and fighting dirty). Dame was on some bytch shyt thinking somebody owe him something. fukk outta here. I would understand if Adonis killed someobody and then Dame took the fall for that but Dame was the one that pulled the gun out that got him locked up.

Nah it’s legit. Imagine if LeBron and Carmelo were good friends at 17 (they were). LeBron pulls a gun on someone to protect Carmelo and ends up going to prison for years. Carmelo goes on to the NBA, wealth, fame, winning championships (in that timeline). With Bron watching from prison. It would absolutely eat LeBron up knowing he wasted his talent and future for someone else. The bitterness was valid, the script just needed a little tinkering.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Nah it’s legit. Imagine if LeBron and Carmelo were good friends at 17 (they were). LeBron pulls a gun on someone to protect Carmelo and ends up going to prison for years. Carmelo goes on to the NBA, wealth, fame, winning championships (in that timeline). With Bron watching from prison. It would absolutely eat LeBron up knowing he wasted his talent and future for someone else. The bitterness was valid, the script just needed a little tinkering.
I can understand that part I guess it just seemed to me that when Adonis went above and beyond to accommodate his feelings it seemed messed up how Dame treated him. Adonis did go above and beyond so I think how Dame treated him going forward was fukked up. I would understand it a bit more if Adonis blew him off and ignored him.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh, he pulled the gun to stop two grown men from beating the fukk out of a 12 year old.

I go to jail defending your hot headed ass, alone, because you ran, but then you don't reach out, check up on me for 18 years:gucci:

I'm pretty much your big brother, been looking out for you since the group home, taking you to fights, defending you and if I didn't come look for you, I likely would've never seen or heard from you again? Even with mama Creed hiding the letters, Adonis made no effort at all.

I'm watching you live the life I used to tell you I would have, but can't because I was looking out for you.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Eh, he pulled the gun to stop two grown men from beating the fukk out of a 12 year old.

I go to jail defending your hot headed ass, alone, because you ran, but then you don't reach out, check up on me for 18 years:gucci:

I'm pretty much your big brother, been looking out for you since the group home, taking you to fights, defending you and if I didn't come look for you, I likely would've never seen or heard from you again? Even with mama Creed hiding the letters, Adonis made no effort at all.

I'm watching you live the life I used to tell you I would have, but can't because I was looking out for you.

Exactly. People hold grudges forever over less than this. Because he's in jail while someone that he protected got to be wealthy and famous. And that same guy never reached out to him to check on how he was doing the entire time he's there.

So all he had to focus on were those perceived wrongs year after year while being stuck in a box. And he's thinking that he's the better fighter and yet he's the one without the recognition.

also can someone explain WHY Creed was like “I have to stop him” like the terminator was coming after his whole family.

Yeah the "I have to stop him" bit made him sound like Kang :lolbron: but it's good drama and you need the over the top hype to make a good film and it worked.

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can understand that part I guess it just seemed to me that when Adonis went above and beyond to accommodate his feelings it seemed messed up how Dame treated him. Adonis did go above and beyond so I think how Dame treated him going forward was fukked up. I would understand it a bit more if Adonis blew him off and ignored him.
But if you've spent 18 years in jail for somebody, them taking you to lunch, offering you money and then saying you can come to the gym to work out isn't going t one anywhere near enough to make up for your compete absence.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
are there any explicit naked/sex scenes in this? i wanted to take my dad out, thought this would be a good flick to see, he liked the other creeds...but i'm a whole ass adult and can't stand watching sex scenes in movies with my parents :russ: